Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S13 restore and respray (Garage style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4tune
    replied
    haha looks awesome man!

Leave a comment:

• villain
    replied
    Finished le boot:

But wait...

Bam, emergency kit.
    but i ran out of material (a.k.a curtain) to wrap the second half

Leave a comment:

• erchay
    replied
    Originally posted by villain View Post
    Thanks man, if i remember correctly, i did 3 clears.
    Don't do what i did and spray in a backyard though, bugs get on your paint and ruin it and there are just too many variables. If you can, at least do it in some kind of enclosed area. Next time i spray my car (hopefully end of this year), i'll be buying a wedding gazebo to do it in. Also make sure you've got a good water filter because i'm pretty sure there was moisture in my paint and it's starting to come through which is just about the worst thing that can happen to a paint job.
    No worries at all! yeah I thought that's what might happen, my mates offered his ghetto booth which is yeah a gazebo and some drop sheets, and a tarp to stop dirt on the ground from flying up, cheers for the tip tho, I'll keep that in mind, I'll be posting on my thread when I paint it if you wanted to have a geeze, probably not until my holidays for uni tho, cheers!

Leave a comment:

• villain
    replied
    Today's progress:

Will be securing the sub-mount tomorrow and start working on the second half.

Leave a comment:

• villain
    replied
    Originally posted by erchay View Post
    I'm loving your work! This thread is full of awsome!
    I just bought a 180sx and like yours, is a bit ratty, and has a pink spray job, I'm painting my car when I have a good period of time! Good to see someone who's DIY'd a spray job and came out really nice! Really keen to spray mine, how many clears did you do?
    Anyways, Subbed! keep it up mang!
    Thanks man, if i remember correctly, i did 3 clears.
    Don't do what i did and spray in a backyard though, bugs get on your paint and ruin it and there are just too many variables. If you can, at least do it in some kind of enclosed area. Next time i spray my car (hopefully end of this year), i'll be buying a wedding gazebo to do it in. Also make sure you've got a good water filter because i'm pretty sure there was moisture in my paint and it's starting to come through which is just about the worst thing that can happen to a paint job.

Originally posted by sxappeal View Post
    Excellent work on the car. I will start following this build thread like MAAAAAAD.
    Thanks

I've been doing some routine maintenance lately. I replaced the o2 sensor because the wiring of my other one lent up against my extractors and melted.
    Mmm shiny.

Also replaced power steering boots yet again, to hopefully stop the leak but i don't think i have..

And i've also started making up my boot enclosure again, except this time actually using a tape measure and taking my time with it. It might take a while, but if it comes together as planned, it should be cool. Here's the progress so far:

Doesn't look like much, but like i said. I'm taking my time with this one.
    I'll update as i go but gluing and waiting for things to dry takes a long time.

Leave a comment:

• sxappeal
    replied
    Excellent work on the car. I will start following this build thread like MAAAAAAD.

Leave a comment:

• erchay
    replied
    I'm loving your work! This thread is full of awsome!
    I just bought a 180sx and like yours, is a bit ratty, and has a pink spray job, I'm painting my car when I have a good period of time! Good to see someone who's DIY'd a spray job and came out really nice! Really keen to spray mine, how many clears did you do?
    Anyways, Subbed! keep it up mang!

Leave a comment:

• SpaceCowBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by villain View Post
    Picked up some S14 calipers and slotted rotors the other day.

They'll need a little rebuilding so i've started taking them apart and cleaning them up etc (as you can see by the one on the right).
    It's a shame the rotors are 5 stud but i can keep them handy for the future when i get some 5 stud hubs.
    yea man!!! you wont regret it!! if your heading to DS on Sunday let me know, i'll take you for a spin before hand and show how much more effective the breaks are compared to the stock s13

Leave a comment:

• villain
    replied
    Picked up some S14 calipers and slotted rotors the other day.

They'll need a little rebuilding so i've started taking them apart and cleaning them up etc (as you can see by the one on the right).
    It's a shame the rotors are 5 stud but i can keep them handy for the future when i get some 5 stud hubs.

Leave a comment:

• Mk2GTI
    replied
    Just read this thread from start to finish, I am in love with your car man! Really makes me want an s13, to bad they're so rare in Ireland and anyone who owns one isn't really pushed on selling :P but oh well I can dream.. Great job on the painting by the way I've seen worse jobs done by professionals so you should be well proud of it! Definitely gonna keep watchin this thread to say how you're beautiful car progresses! If I'm ever in Australia you're gonna have to take me for a ride! xD

Leave a comment:

• 4tune
    replied
    dat seat!!.

Leave a comment:

• Technikhaus
    replied
    Looks pretty good, high, but very nice!

Leave a comment:

• villain
    replied
    Before and after as promised:

New height will take a bit of getting used to but it holds me in and it's comfy. I like it.

Leave a comment:

• villain
    replied
    The height comes from the seats themselves. The rails are lower than stock but the seats have a lot of cushioning.
    I'll show you the pic tomorrow. I took a before shot with the stock seat but forgot take an after.

The base of the drift seats are like 2-3 times the size of the stock seat.

Leave a comment:

• Rosey
    replied
    +1 for seat pics. Maybe a standard passenger to powerail driver comparison? They still seem to be the best universal rail out so i'll probably grab them anyway..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X