Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S13 restore and respray (Garage style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by navyblueburnout View Post
    Haha nice fix.

And why not just tack weld it, smooth it down, and re-paint then it never comes on again EVER!!!
    I couuuld. Except, i don't have a tack welder.
    You see, i'm very new to this whole 'D.I.Y' business and i've just been buying tools as i go and learning how to use them in the process. i.e the buffer.
    Originally posted by ADowbs
    He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
    sigpic
    My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

Originally posted by villain View Post
      I couuuld. Except, i don't have a tack welder.
      You see, i'm very new to this whole 'D.I.Y' business and i've just been buying tools as i go and learning how to use them in the process. i.e the buffer.
      Ahhh ok. Tape it is then lol

On a serious note, I like what your doing with the trunk. I'm subscribing to see how it turns out.
      BUILT NOT BOUGHT

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 6.2 liter V-8, K&N intake, P&P'd TB, Borla long tube headers & ATAK exhaust, Mast motorsports Stage 2 cam and springs, Custom dyno tune by RDP Motorsport, MSD 2step, Hurst line lock, Dynotune nitrous kit, Eibach lowering springs, Camaro V-6 "Heritage" wheels, MT Street radials (coming soon). 510 RWHP 525 RWTQ

Wanna race? How much money you bring? I'll match it.

Comment

Interior looks nice, would look great with a new set of seats when you can afford it
        Sucks about the paint though
        1996 Mitsubishi FTO GPX Manual

Comment

Sweet work mate, the interior looks mint!

On the buffer side of things, when my dad was a trainee he made the same mistake on a clients car. He dropped it and ran
          Regards - Samantha XOXO
          2001 VX Commodore

Originally posted by brian_rs/ss
          modded auto's are the tits. but i still love playing with my stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Technikhaus View Post
            Interior looks nice, would look great with a new set of seats when you can afford it
            Sucks about the paint though
            Thanks dude. Yeah, the seats need to go urgently but i think i might buy some wheels before i buy some seats. I haven't quite decided...
            Originally posted by Ren-dog View Post

On the buffer side of things, when my dad was a trainee he made the same mistake on a clients car. He dropped it and ran
            Hahaha, i felt like dropping a few litres of petrol the car and just torching it at that point.

Alright, opinion time!
            Do you folk think i should:
            A) Buy a pair of S15 seats
            B) Buy a new set of wheels (While they may look nice from the side profile, the offset is awful)

And here's a before & After of the interior:

Do you think i should keep the contrasting colours in the centre console or just keep it OEM and black?
            Decisions, decisions.
            He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
            sigpic
            My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

I like the black more :P

If you get new wheels I'll have your old ones
              $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
              $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

Black. Also, vacuum the carpets, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerBunnys122 View Post
                  If you get new wheels I'll have your old ones
                  They are pretty gutter-rashed but with the new MCM video, that shouldn't be a problem.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  Black. Also, vacuum the carpets, lol.
                  Haha, i will one day.
                  When everything is done and dusted, i will go through and clean the car meticulously, but until then, my random array of car fluff,wires and receipts can stay.

2 Votes is enough to convince me. Looks like i'm heading down to Autobarn on my next pay to pick up some black paint. And if i have enough, some more car paint and thinner to finish off my buffer 'mishap'.
                  Do you guys reckon i should do the entire panel/bonnet and quarter or just the individual areas of damage.
                  I'm not too sure how to feather in paint, as i've only done an entire car at once, so i don't know how consistent it will look if i only do an area.
                  Any advice?
                  sigpic

Comment

Carbon fibre vinyl for the centre console? It's still black but it makes it stand out subtletly compared to having it painted another colour.
                    2009 370Z

Comment

Originally posted by ChocSoldier View Post
                      Carbon fibre vinyl for the centre console? It's still black but it makes it stand out subtletly compared to having it painted another colour.
                      It would be better to have hydrograhics applied. Op, if you want it to look carbon, look up aqua dip, they're an AUS company.

Comment

Carbon fibre could look very cool. I had a look at aqua dip. They look very good but i can imagine it burning a hole in my pocket. And they are located in sydney too, which would make it a bit of a hassle with shipping and what not.
                        sigpic

Comment

I suggested vinyl because it was cheap and easy
                          But yeah, aqua dip looks awesome though I'd also imagine the price wouldn't be.
                          2009 370Z

Comment

That paint job looks good, pity about the buffer and scratches though. Can't wait to see how this one will turn out!
                            Originally posted by MOOG
                            I have been standing naked in front of a mirror for the last three days and checking 100% that I am definitely not a 45 year old woman, for it is this creature that is so often seen piloting such a vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by villain View Post
                              Do you guys reckon i should do the entire panel/bonnet and quarter or just the individual areas of damage.
                              I'm not too sure how to feather in paint, as i've only done an entire car at once, so i don't know how consistent it will look if i only do an area.
                              Any advice?
                              I think entire panels. Would look better. Sand it back and have another go. Thats what i would do anyway.
                              Regards - Samantha XOXO
                              2001 VX Commodore

Originally posted by brian_rs/ss
                              modded auto's are the tits. but i still love playing with my stick.

Comment

After quite a long break, i'm slowly getting back into it.
                                My brother's gotten a new car which means the S13 is off the roads once again, and also now officially mine, yay.
                                So what's new? Not all that much. I've finished off the sub enclosure at the back, minus carpet. So all i've really done is wired up the sub and made sure it was secure.

I've also FINAAALLY put the boot lock back onto the car. I no longer have to use my pinky to open the boot now. I (re)painted the S on the emblem black as it was all faded and nasty looking and it turned out looking like new.

And probably one of the most exciting things for me is; I finally bought an air conditioner compressor! I am that much closer to having a working air con!

I've also decided (probably an awful decision - cop wise) that instead of trying making this car look perfect on a low budget, i'm just gonna make it a drifter/daily. It will be a cop magnet but hopefully, it will also be legal.
                                I have a few more purchases lined up but i won't say what they are, in case they fall through. So yeah, this project hasn't completely died just yet!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X