Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S13 restore and respray (Garage style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first car had an awful tint job like that. I had a terrible time removing the rear window tint also because of the defroster. Such a pain...
    29 years old, and still a daily.

Comment

• Home brand oven cleaner and eucalyptus oil. Got it.
      I was hoping to get some coilovers these holidays but work hasn't given me nearly enough hours. I'm sure i'll find something to do with my tax return money though.
      Originally posted by ADowbs
      He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
      sigpic
      My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• I found some oven cleaner lying around and tried it but unfortunately it didn't work. I'll try the eucalyptus tomorrow.
        I had a bit of fun today with paint and repainted my centre console thing black.

I also had the neat idea of having fun with the rear seat arm rests:

I have some charcoal hi-temp paint. I might repaint the callipers for the sake of it and also work on getting that glue off again on sunday.
        He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
        sigpic
        My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Maaaaaaaad!

That is all.
          $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
          $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• How did it not work. Did you get the foam spray one. It got all the glue off mine. Good you got it of tho.

Comment

• Not sure to be honest. It looked like it was dissolving the glue but after i wiped it off, the residue was still there.
              I did however, use Mr. Muscle. Not a 'cheapo' one. Maybe cheapo ones are stronger. I dunno, either way, i still have a lot of glue to get off.
              sigpic

Comment

• good on you dude, id never paint my own car like that im to much of a pussy haha. im loving the dash btw i wish they didn't haft to crack so much D:
                sigpic

check out my S13!

http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...It-Will-Be-MAD!

Comment

• Haha cheers. Yeah i know. Dem dashes. Unfortunately, the crack opened up again. I'm going to try and redo it with another method sometime soon.

Painting my car was an awesome experience for sure. I'd definitely do it again, if it weren't for the ridiculous price tag on auto paints.
                  sigpic

Comment

• I dont know what I used. You need to keep it wet wile you get it off so it dosen't set back on there. It worked so good for me. I think i did use mr muscle :/ Have another go but keep the rag wet with oven cleaner. Also wax and grease eats it to

Comment

• Mad, i'll try it again. If all else fails, i'll just have to put some good old fashioned elbow grease into it.
                      sigpic

Comment

• tell me how it go's i have just got my first crack in mine the other week, was so devod, keen to fined a way to fix it.
                        sigpic

check out my S13!

http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...It-Will-Be-MAD!

Comment

• This morning, i woke up feeling righteous. I put my differences aside with my nemesis and worked alongside it to make my car that little bit more pretty.
                          What i'm talking about, of course, is the buffer.
                          I worked on an area which was particularly bad.

As you can see, there's enough orange peel there to cover a thousand oranges.
                          So i got to it

And the results were good:

Call me crazy, but i want to redo the clear coat on the car. There are a lot of parts i'm not very happy with and i'll need to repaint some areas all together anyway.
                          sigpic

Comment

• You can delete posts you know

Damn that looks so much better!
                            $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                            $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• Nice build man. I know how you feel about the clear coat not coming out well the same thing happened to my 86 when i did a garage paint job. However since i found body rot i'm just going for a complete respray
                              Ae86 build
                              http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...irst-car-build.

Comment

• Minor update today.
                                Had a bit of fun with paint and repainted the callipers.
                                Before:

After:

I also repainted my windshield wipers but black is a bit too generic, and i'm way too hipster for mainstream.
                                I did however colour-match my actual wiper parts though. I think it looks nice.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X