Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S13 restore and respray (Garage style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NateDizzle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• villain
    replied
    Got everything but the tie rod spacers on. The shifter feels renewed and the steering no longer feels 20 years old. I highly recommend those products for those who like their car feeling solid.
    I didn't take any pictures because where wasn't much to document.
    I also found out the offset on one of my front wheels is slightly less than the other, causing it to scrub. Might get some 5mm spacers if it comes down to that.
    The guys at the tyre place said something on the front end was bent because one of the wheels was substantially out, now I'm wondering if it was the weird offset or if the offset is the same and something is actually bent

Leave a comment:

• 4tune
    replied
    heaps awesome villz , keen to get these bits too!

Leave a comment:

• KillerBunnys122
    replied
    Mad, let me know how those bits go. A shifter bush and solid steering rack bush should be pretty neat!

Leave a comment:

• villain
    replied
    More mad:

Solid shifter bushing, transmission spring kit, tie rod end spacers and solid steering rack bushing.
    Should hopefully get them all in tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Stuch
    replied
    Mad dude solid effort!

Leave a comment:

• Technikhaus
    replied
    Looks great, loving the fitment!

Leave a comment:

• KillerBunnys122
    replied
    Looks great! give it a wash and put up a couple more pics methinks.

Leave a comment:

• 4tune
    replied
    Looks good man!

Leave a comment:

• villain
    replied
    Put the weather guards on the other day. They look pretty kewl.
    Also, the first picture which shows off my new tyres. I went with 235/45s and got rid of heaps of stretch. I've also gotten the height to a nice low while still being well above the 100mm clearance. I think at the moment, i have about 120mm clearance.

Leave a comment:

• bevsta
    replied
    Love what you have done since the last time ive read this man

Leave a comment:

• villain
    replied
    Picked up some more 'JDM' goodies tonight. I'll be fitting them shortly, probably in the next day or two:

Leave a comment:

• villain
    replied
    Awesome this is just what I was looking for. I'll have to pick up some leds now.

Leave a comment:

• erchay
    replied
    Hey dude, your bulbs could be blown at the back, you can change the fan mode select light but you have to take a lot more apart, those are direct led swaps, I have a step by step for LED backlight for your DCC if your globes are blown and you are after some LED goodness :P
    Originally posted by erchay View Post
    So, for all those who want to do DCC LED bulb conversion, basically, take these bulbs out, should be a plastic holder, just twist with a small flat blade screwdriver, then unwrap the legs from the old globes and just yank them out

Heat up a needle or pin with a lighter and poke the original holes bigger

poke the LED legs through

I used blutac and supported the legs and soldered it, the longer leg is usually positive, you want to solder a resistor to this leg, check with your local Jaycar what ohm resistor you need, then just wrap the legs around the plastic holder, you may need to file the LED legs down as they are thicker, I just melted a deeper trench carefully with the soldering iron.
    There are heaps of tutorials around, I followed one for my supra back in the day

It's apparently good to sand the bulb so it diffuses light better, so do that!

A good tip is, after you poke the LED legs through the holder, drop the lot in the hole in the DCC unit, use a pair of needle nose pliers and grab the legs of the LED to where the holder ends (if you know what I mean), this allows the LED to be AS CLOSE to the DCC back light diffuse light panel thing, but yeah do that.
    And in the end it should look like this

Leave a comment:

• crbndawg
    replied
    loving the new paint on the wheels man, really clean s13 aswell.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X