Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KE70 Drift/Track Car Build.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KE70 Drift/Track Car Build.

    Hey guys/girls.

    Picked up a KE70 sedan off a mate for an awesome price, needs a fair bit of work, but hey, for the price and whats included, who can complain!

    Basically its a roller atm, has a 16v 4AGE in it with box atm, needs tail shaft and to be wired up...

    Plans:

    Initially:
    -Strip interior, take out all the rubbish, looms, sound deadening.
    -Install AE71 Pedal Box + CMC
    -Get the 4AGE running in the car
    -S13 LCA's and Coilovers etc.
    -AU Springs in the rear.
    -Install Fixed back bucket seat

    Long Run:
    Full CAMS cage,
    CA18DET/SR20DET
    R31 Diff
    S13 subframe(Required for SR/CA Conversion)


    There is prob heaaaaps more there, but I'm tried and can't be bothered working it all out to type. Will update as it comes to me..


    So yeah, Project KESLIDE is underway...

    Timeline? Who knows.. Before christmas?

    Ild like to thank my Sponsor's Battery World Caringbah, Blake Skipper Motorsport and VIP Motorsport for the help they will be providing!

    Pics to come!

    Cheers
    Luke
    Last edited by luke641; 14-02-2012, 09:02 PM.
    Originally posted by MOOG
    "Luke641, I like him, his a good guy!.. Just throwing it out there"
    Originally posted by MOOG
    You Are a Bogan Dude, You Are Such a Bogan Dude, You Are From The Sutherland Shire, Frodo the Bogan!
    Check out my page:

  • #2


    Only pic atm, more to come!
    Originally posted by MOOG
    "Luke641, I like him, his a good guy!.. Just throwing it out there"
    Originally posted by MOOG
    You Are a Bogan Dude, You Are Such a Bogan Dude, You Are From The Sutherland Shire, Frodo the Bogan!
    Check out my page:

    Comment


    • #3
      Good place to start, get it done the way you want and avoid the dodgy work. Any reason for the S13 gear up front? There's plenty of good AE86 parts that bolt right in. Good luck!

      Comment


      • #4
        Mainly cause i have S13 parts sitting here that are a mates and ill get for nothing/good price.

        And makes it better for when it goes CA
        Originally posted by MOOG
        "Luke641, I like him, his a good guy!.. Just throwing it out there"
        Originally posted by MOOG
        You Are a Bogan Dude, You Are Such a Bogan Dude, You Are From The Sutherland Shire, Frodo the Bogan!
        Check out my page:

        Comment


        • #5
          SR20DET with a VE head? :P

          Comment


          • #6
            Dreaming...
            Originally posted by MOOG
            "Luke641, I like him, his a good guy!.. Just throwing it out there"
            Originally posted by MOOG
            You Are a Bogan Dude, You Are Such a Bogan Dude, You Are From The Sutherland Shire, Frodo the Bogan!
            Check out my page:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by luke641 View Post
              Mainly cause i have S13 parts sitting here that are a mates and ill get for nothing/good price.

              And makes it better for when it goes CA
              Fair enough haha. From what Ive heard about people using S13 gear it messes with the steering geometry, but I haven't looked into it much so I might be wrong.

              Comment


              • #8
                Better factor in rust removal, my work mates one has heaps.

                Will you be getting it on the road or is it just a track hack?
                1998 5DR Glanza V Replica
                1990 Mazda MX5 NA6C
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  No road rego. Wouldn't drive it on the road anyways!

                  Its actually really good on the rust front.. Not a lot in it! For a track hack, not fussed
                  Originally posted by MOOG
                  "Luke641, I like him, his a good guy!.. Just throwing it out there"
                  Originally posted by MOOG
                  You Are a Bogan Dude, You Are Such a Bogan Dude, You Are From The Sutherland Shire, Frodo the Bogan!
                  Check out my page:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Suter View Post
                    Fair enough haha. From what Ive heard about people using S13 gear it messes with the steering geometry, but I haven't looked into it much so I might be wrong.
                    More than just steering, the whole lot is for a completely different car. A lot of people end up hating on S13 gear in a lot of Toyota chassis'.
                    AE86 stuff isnt perfect either but its a hell of a lot better
                    It is cheap though.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      AE86, will cost me more for what i want to do... And its going CA and they reckon 86 stuff doesn't last with a CA/SR as well as spring rates arn't right.
                      Originally posted by MOOG
                      "Luke641, I like him, his a good guy!.. Just throwing it out there"
                      Originally posted by MOOG
                      You Are a Bogan Dude, You Are Such a Bogan Dude, You Are From The Sutherland Shire, Frodo the Bogan!
                      Check out my page:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by sup2a View Post
                        AE86 stuff isnt perfect either but its a hell of a lot better. It is cheap though.
                        oh how your wrong... AE86 stuff isnt cheap... not in aus.

                        ive seen your sale ad for the motor and box, thats a smallport motor, the 103Kw same as what i have.

                        me thinks you should give it to me so i has a spare
                        Last edited by Faceplant; 05-02-2012, 07:44 PM.
                        Qualified to do stuff!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Faceplant View Post
                          me thinks you should give it to me so i has a spare
                          Sounds fair to me.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            This looks like its going to be mad!

                            A friend over in WA got a KE70 for $250, got home and found out it had a turbo 1jz in it! He found burn marks on it when he took it out though. so it may or may not be stuffed.
                            $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                            $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Faceplant View Post
                              oh how your wrong... AE86 stuff isnt cheap... not in aus.

                              ive seen your sale ad for the motor and box, thats a smallport motor, the 103Kw same as what i have.

                              me thinks you should give it to me so i has a spare
                              You can buy it bro Ill do you a good deal!

                              How much u reckon its worth? PM me.


                              Originally posted by KillerBunnys122 View Post
                              This looks like its going to be mad!

                              A friend over in WA got a KE70 for $250, got home and found out it had a turbo 1jz in it! He found burn marks on it when he took it out though. so it may or may not be stuffed.
                              I think your mate was taking trash
                              Originally posted by MOOG
                              "Luke641, I like him, his a good guy!.. Just throwing it out there"
                              Originally posted by MOOG
                              You Are a Bogan Dude, You Are Such a Bogan Dude, You Are From The Sutherland Shire, Frodo the Bogan!
                              Check out my page:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X