Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KE70 Drift/Track Car Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sup2a View Post
    No PS for steering feel at speed more than anything.

Super light car, wont be a struggle with the wheel unless you're parking every day, soon as you're rolling its so much better without.
    This is the thing, one person says one thing, next says another.

I might just put it in, and if i dont like it ill just take it out.
    Originally posted by MOOG
    "Luke641, I like him, his a good guy!.. Just throwing it out there"
    You Are a Bogan Dude, You Are Such a Bogan Dude, You Are From The Sutherland Shire, Frodo the Bogan!
    Check out my page:

Comment

I've driven both - my mate has a 1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6 w/ no power steering and my god the FEEL through the wheel is amazing, so easy to control at speed and very easy to understand what the car is doing - BUT its a ***** to live with daily, heavy, requires alot of effort when moving slowly and just generally annoys the S*** out of me.

My car has power steering, but a quite 'heavy' power steering, not like those detached vague feeling cars *cough Magna cough* and overall I prefer that, get good feeling but has the ease of living that power steering has.
      I've found that it depends alot on how the power steering is setup as to how good it is to drive fast with.

just my 0.5c
      Daily Driver - 1998 Saab 900
      Daily Rider - 2011 Yamaha YZF-R125

Comment

ITs a track only car guys. Wont have rego...

Ill go PS, if i dont like it, ill get rid of it.
        You Are a Bogan Dude, You Are Such a Bogan Dude, You Are From The Sutherland Shire, Frodo the Bogan!
        Check out my page:

Comment

Update time!

Cleaned up the S13 steering rack today and gave it a fresh coat of paint. Even has some pink bits now

Start:

Supplies:
          (Loved the 5 Cans for $10 at repco)

Finished:
          Fresh paint and new boots

The slow growing pile of parts ready to get put in the car!
          Check out my page:

Comment

Originally posted by luke641 View Post
            ITs a track only car guys. Wont have rego...

Ill go PS, if i dont like it, ill get rid of it.
            you wont need it, a KE70 is as light as my AE86 you wont need it at all...
            Qualified to do stuff!

Comment

I don't have power steering in my RA40 which is a couple hundred kgs heavier, I have no problems and I drive it daily.

Comment

Makes it easier to throw the wheel around but
                Check out my page:

Comment

power steering makes no difference above 60k.

Comment

You guys forget i think its for drifting. Will have a locked diff, and need to be able to throw the wheel around!
                    Check out my page:

Comment

drifting below 60ks is not drifting, it's a glorified burnout.

Comment

Originally posted by mutton_wizard View Post
                        drifting below 60ks is not drifting, it's a glorified burnout.
                        It depends on the track. Raleigh International Raceway (my local track) has very sharp, tight bends where you need to go fairly slow to get around, but opens up into a sweeping corner. It won't take heaps of effort to fit the PS, but it will help and again, if he doesn't like it, it can be removed.

Comment

You guys forget i think its for drifting. Will have a locked diff, and need to be able to throw the wheel around!
                          i drift my car, i also daily my car, they are near identical, ive made my steering heavier with shorter steering arms and heaps of castor it is still a piece of piss to drive. i wouldn't really worry about it. trust me with these light cars its not required.
                          Qualified to do stuff!

Comment

Yeah true. Do you have a locker?

And what diff are you running?
                            Check out my page:

Comment

Had the car moved off my mates front lawn today to my work shop.

I can't say a big enough thank you to 'Australia Wide Towing' for being able to help me out! They where more then happy to organise me a tow at such short notice.

I Strongly recommend them! Phone: (02) 9624 8444 if you need a tow in the Wollongong/Sydney/Central Coast area!

Pic:

Gettings dragged on due to no steering.

On finally

In the shop! (Ignore the 'Drift Machine' Writing, previous owners work.. :/)
                              Last edited by luke641; 21-02-2012, 02:15 PM.
                              Check out my page:

Comment

Yeah true. Do you have a locker?

And what diff are you running?
                                T series with a TRD 2 way LSD, i have driven it with a welded open center, it made no difference.
                                Qualified to do stuff!

Comment

Working...
                                X