Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the pocket rocket from hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fuzzy2308 View Post
    I haven't had a look in this thread since the day you posted it and im amazed at the progress you have made in the past year your mini looks awesome.
    That stereo in a car that size is going to off its friken nut
    thanks man, i have carpeted the rear boxes now, it looks much need the only thing left to do is the front baffle of the sub box then figure out how to make it look good. as for size, im legit scared now for the safety of the car when driving through traffic

the cars fenders are taller than my hole car, the wheels are bigger than my bonnet. its one of my friends cars too....
    i like it loud <<-- my build thread '64 mini ... van

Comment

• That is too awesome
      sigpic
      My 1978 Honda Civic restore
      http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...restore-upgade

Comment

• Make sure you always have your music pumping, thats what I did in my 82 civic which was a similar size.
        Same colour too haha.

People will see you, careful around trucks though. Some of them don't even see me in a jeep...
        They told me I could be anything,
        so I became a nugget.

I do Range Rover, Volvo, Peugeot and Jaguar parts for Sydney. I can also help with VW, Honda and BMW parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by princess View Post
          *dont let my name trick you im actually a hetrosexual male

lol i like you??? No homo.

Sweet car mate looks good

Comment

• Damn what an awesome little car. I want a ride in a mini one day :/
            sigpic
            _'03 Mazda 323 Astina Shades __________________________________________________ ________NG Images - My Facebook Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Nugget View Post
              Make sure you always have your music pumping, thats what I did in my 82 civic which was a similar size.
              Same colour too haha.

People will see you, careful around trucks though. Some of them don't even see me in a jeep...
              lol was parked next to Jenga's cuore last week, makes his car look huge

trucks are easy, i can go all fast and furious on them....

for a little update:
              i have finished carpeting the rear boxes apart from the sub box which im thinking of magna bombing with some old transformer comics

the suspension has been finalized with springs and the new adjustable shocks, next set of tyres will be semi slicks which will ensure god like handling doesnt go to waste

will be heading down to sydney on april 6th for the bodytech car show if any of you sydney folks want to see it

Comment

• from this:

to this:

and i still havent finished my master piece yet

Comment

• Awesome car man. So much stereo, so little car. Makes for a good combination methinks.
                  2007 Mustang V6-BBK CAI-True Dual Straight Pipes w/ Flowmaster 40series-Various Bits-Lowered 1.5" on Ford Racing N springs
                  Originally posted by BIGZED
                  you're only as old as the Woman you feel.
                  Guess that makes me 8.
                  NOW A BROKE-ASS COLLEGE STUDENT AT GEORGIA TECH, VEHICLE PROGRESS HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED

Comment

• Originally posted by NachoStang95 View Post
                    Awesome car man. So much stereo, so little car. Makes for a good combination methinks.
                    cheers man, its an awesome combination. its going in its first and possibly only sound off on the 6th, im just keen to see what it pushes out

in other news

Comment

• for everyone yet to hear my 1.3L of goodness

and finished my sub box

which means the rear setup is officially done, now to save up for some new high(er) end speakers and amps and maybe a 7 port head :P
                      Last edited by princess; 02-04-2013, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Looks good princess.

As for your problems with the drive shafts. The later mini's have different shafts called Hardy Spicer Shafts. As far as I know they have the same splines as the ones you have so they can simply be swapped over.

I noticed that you lowered the rear but not the front. The rear end should be higher than the front. This is how they came from the factory and how they were designed. Lowering just the rear will screw up your steering geometry. My personal preference would be to put it back to standard ride height. If you haven't already done so as you have high lows, corner weight the car as well. It will take time but is worth it. Just suggestions though. Its your car.

An alternative to the 7 port head if you really want big gains is to look at fitting a honda cbr 600 bike engine head, a BMW 1100 or 1200 cylinder head or even a fiat punto cylinder head. About 120 bhp (whatever that is in Kw) Na tuned is possible. More if you look into throttle bodies and aftermarket ECU. Its not a bolt on conversion but all have been done before

After about 100 bhp you will need to start looking at beefing the gearbox up as that is about there working limit. Its one reason I ditched the a series in mine and went down the engine conversion route.

If you go down the engine conversion route, I know that you have limits on what you are allowed to fit in Oz, but the micra CG13 engine is a possibility. A guy call Big Chief in trinadad and tobago has done a few conversions with this engine. There are also a few others in the UK that have done it as well.
                        Where there's the will and a welder, there's a way

Comment

• Originally posted by M J W J View Post
                          Looks good princess.

As for your problems with the drive shafts. The later mini's have different shafts called Hardy Spicer Shafts. As far as I know they have the same splines as the ones you have so they can simply be swapped over.

I noticed that you lowered the rear but not the front. The rear end should be higher than the front. This is how they came from the factory and how they were designed. Lowering just the rear will screw up your steering geometry. My personal preference would be to put it back to standard ride height. If you haven't already done so as you have high lows, corner weight the car as well. It will take time but is worth it. Just suggestions though. Its your car.

An alternative to the 7 port head if you really want big gains is to look at fitting a honda cbr 600 bike engine head, a BMW 1100 or 1200 cylinder head or even a fiat punto cylinder head. About 120 bhp (whatever that is in Kw) Na tuned is possible. More if you look into throttle bodies and aftermarket ECU. Its not a bolt on conversion but all have been done before

After about 100 bhp you will need to start looking at beefing the gearbox up as that is about there working limit. Its one reason I ditched the a series in mine and went down the engine conversion route.

If you go down the engine conversion route, I know that you have limits on what you are allowed to fit in Oz, but the micra CG13 engine is a possibility. A guy call Big Chief in trinadad and tobago has done a few conversions with this engine. There are also a few others in the UK that have done it as well.
                          cheers man

lol yeah i was considering a hardy spicer joint but CV's were more suitable for my needs.

the front has been dropped as well, but its the same height as the rear with a 130kg of equipment in it. when its all taken out the back sits higher than the front. but having fully adjustable steering geometry on the front and back lets me set it up how properly.

not planning on doing a conversion like you, i dont have the welding skills that you have
                          eventually i hope to be running a kad 16v head with 8.8 compression and 18psi of boost crammed in. possibly using a megasquirt ecu as a few of my friends are using/planning to use it and they swear by it

but going straight up to that would be silly so im doing it in stages next step is a quad hs2 setup on the 7port head and maybe upping compression to 12.0 while ive got the head out. havent actually thought about gearboxes yet, might just grab the kad 5 speed.

also i want some 13x9 minilights but its illegal in australia to run anything wider than 6" rims on mini's in aus

Comment

• 13x9's would scrub like mad on the inner arches unless you have serious offset or spacers. I don't even know where I could get them in the UK other than a set of compomotive split rims (they are just down the road from where I work). Think a guy called Jerry (aka Hayling Mini) has a set of 13 x 8 but had to have a custom PCD machined into them so they would bolt on. They were for his subaru justy with swift GTI engine and mini van shell put over the top hybrid thing. Its seriously fast and road legal.

If you ever want to know about mini engine conversions check out Hayling Mini and MattG on 16v mini club. These two are the gods of mini engine conversions. Jerry is currently running over 300bhp out of a 1.3 litre and he has the dyno print outs to back it up.

As for your gearbox checkout a guy in the UK called Guessworks. He is the God of the mini gearbox.

Finally my welding skills have mainly been learnt while doing up my mini. Some of my early work was not good. There are a couple of repairs on my mini which I am going to cut out and redo as I am not happy with them.
                            Where there's the will and a welder, there's a way

Comment

• in other news went to a car show on the weekend, waiting on confirmation of the sound off results, i think it was 138db playing the prodigy :P
                              will upload photo's when they get released.

now looking into another car before i start doing some more engine work, cant decide between 370z, ruckus, mx5 or sigma. sucks only having one daily

Comment

• Why not a moke lol
                                sigpic
                                My 1978 Honda Civic restore
                                http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...restore-upgade

Comment

Working...
                                X