Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the pocket rocket from hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• princess
    replied
    Originally posted by tim drogt View Post
    id love to see what the gain would be,
    im planning on getting a scirocco mk2 with a 1.6 carb engine and would like 2 of those carbs on it, MAAAAD
    ill be able to post up the results in 2 weeks, its booked in for a dyno tune with one of the best a-series tuners in the country.
    before headwork on twin 1.25" SU's i had 42kW at the front, will be interesting to see the difference on paper

Leave a comment:

• tim drogt
    replied
    id love to see what the gain would be,
    im planning on getting a scirocco mk2 with a 1.6 carb engine and would like 2 of those carbs on it, MAAAAD

Leave a comment:

• princess
    replied
    Originally posted by tim drogt View Post
    Whats that? A weber?
    45 dellorto, so yeah pretty much a weber. using 109 air correctors too lol. had it up at 7000rpm the other day which is a pretty much the limit on the current valve springs. need to get it back on the dyno and see what its producing

Leave a comment:

• tim drogt
    replied
    Whats that? A weber?

Leave a comment:

• princess
    replied
    updates:
    simplicity of design is awesome!
    on its second softest setting i have done away with all the understeer

the front sway bar should go in tomorrow hopefully, its going to take alot of custom fabrication to get it to fit but then i should be able to crank the suspension up to hardcore and see how fast it can corner. without the sway bars i was able to maintain the same speed around round-abouts as my friends wrx, but upon exit he would take accelerate way faster than me.

also realized that i havent uploaded a photo of the new carb and how it sits through the firewall almost

induction noise is epic :P

got my ticket to the sydney MCM meet today so it shall be there in its current state, but i will be stripping it out afterwards to get it ready for the buladelah hill climb in september.

also looking for a 3rd mini. a coupe this time to build from ground up with a sprint conversion to turn into a hardcore track/road car.

Leave a comment:

• princess
    replied
    Originally posted by tomojo999 View Post
    Seeing the orange one in person last night made my day!
    Wood trim on the outside, and that carpet, dayum.
    Now make it noisy
    no. its staying original w0ith the 3/4" exhaust. lol.

getting the 19mm sway bars retrofitted "PROFESSIONALLY" because with such a major modification to the chaises i dont feel comfortable doing it DIY.

SAFETY FIRST
    Last edited by princess; 08-08-2013, 04:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tomojo999
    replied
    Seeing the orange one in person last night made my day!
    Wood trim on the outside, and that carpet, dayum.
    Now make it noisy

Leave a comment:

• M J W J
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean View Post
    i want that orange one so bad minis are like my LSD haha
    The withdrawal symptoms from not driving one for so long are terrible.

I'm guessing it must be like a crackhead that's kicked the habit. You know you should stay clear of them as they will take over your life and slowly bankrupt you but there is always that temptation just to spend your life savings and go buy another one.

I can't wait for mine to be done and I can relapse.

Leave a comment:

• tim drogt
    replied
    i also want a mini one day, but there are so expensive here, my always had a funny story of pushing a mini on its side because i didn't fit over the inspection pit

Leave a comment:

• Sean
    replied
    i want that orange one so bad minis are like my LSD haha

Leave a comment:

• Kibca
    replied
    they are soo nice i wish i had one ha but yours is one of a kind and well maaad!

Leave a comment:

• princess
    replied

getting them ready for the british car display day tomorrow in newcastle. also changed its oil and put on a "sports" filter for the central coast meet and the cruise afterwards

also my sway bars are scheduled for delivary on monday

Leave a comment:

• princess
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Adrian View Post
    Yank the back seat and throw in some shag carpet and you sir, will have your very own love machine.
    The yellow van is essentially that. Got the new mini of historic plates blue slipped and real rego'd. When the sway bars arrive ill be stopping the mods on the pocket rocket cause my parent are kicking up a fuss about me racing it. So ill be looking at buying a turbo n12 exa as a racing/rally/hillclimb project that can also be driven on the road

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Adrian
    replied
    Yank the back seat and throw in some shag carpet and you sir, will have your very own love machine.

Leave a comment:

• Sean
    replied
    Originally posted by princess View Post
    meet the newest addition to my garage...

:O swap my 78 for the orange!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X