Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dala's Nissan NX2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so this is what I've been up to this week:

Wanted to go ultra low with the seats, to get better handling (low center of gravity much?). The OEM seat rails were a bit on the high side, so i had to chop them up and weld them back toghether

OEM vs modified

Finished product

Close up on welds (props to my engineer-uncle!)

Seats are so low that forward/backward adjustment doesn't work on both sides anymore. Added a second switch to combat that

Got my littlesister to start stickerbombing the seats, but we ran out of stickers! Blast!

Finished middle-in-the-night picture, will get more when I'm done with the other seat and stickerbombing!

Thanks for checking in!

Comment

Awesome!
      in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! - Ash @ N12turbo forums

Comment

nice car . i was born in finland and moved to england. can't wait to see the sticker bombed seats done
        SENT FROM THE NISMO BADGE ON MY MICRA

Comment

car is looking good man, love the new seats! are you planning on doing anything with the rear seat? i know there isnt much headspace so there might not be much you can do, but maybe getting retrimmed or something? just to match the racing seats up front, anyways keen to see whats next on the agenda

Comment

Yeah, they will get a makeover eventually, but I'm gonna have to let you all down with pics, because there's a more serious problem that's prioritised.

Rebuilding the AD22VF front calipers (been dragging myself to finally do this)

^^That's where I currently am, will probably have it finished in a few days, so I can continue with the mods

EDIT:
            Oh, almost forgot, I ordered a replacement drivers door+window+doorcard, only set me back 200€'s

Comment

Vehicle taken off the road! Woohoo! Loving the daily Micra...

Got some work done last weekend, Mainly dissasembly and rust treatment. The project will now go full speed, it's alot easier to work on a car you don't have to drive every day

Lotsa room in the garage , brake refurb, doorcard retrimming, door rebuild and a fender repair job going on

Spare parts going in, new rust free door, glass and a new uncracked front lip! plus various pieces..

Marking all the dents..

Removing rust and rust treating..

Those headlamps are to be binned soon..

Always check your fenders thoroughly! They like to rust on the backside!

Next would be to score some devil eyes...

I will be doing weekly updates on this now every sunday!

Comment

Awesome! Looking forward to the updates!
                in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! - Ash @ N12turbo forums

Comment

Okay, so a small update. Been continuing with the rust, and removed the second door to get to it better. No pics today, my hands were too dirty to touch a camera..

Also, I attacked the MOT-failure (Yes, there was a MOT before I put the car in the garage) The problem was that the right rear caliper locked up when applying the handbrake.

Turned out to be a dowel that hold the handbrake lever onto the caliper. and that dowel had been pushed out too much, making the lever rotate at an angle and more prone to locking up.

Some quick whacks with a hammer and it was solved! Now I just have to reassemble the caliper and bleed the system...

Coz.jpg

Bad google pic, not even a dowel on that lever, but you get the idea..

Dang I hate working on handbrakes..

Comment

i didnt like my daily micra at all but it was the k12. i am loving the vx commodore tho.

my nx is also off the road needing engine work
                    sigpic

BY NDH 795

Comment

car is making some headway, looks great!
                      question: do the N14 seat rails fit straight onto the nx? as in are the nx OEM seat rails and the N14 ones the same?
                      i have an N14 pulsar i will be cannabalizing for the NX as i found most parts are a straight fit

Comment

Wow, I suddenly have a new found respect for the NX2000. You've managed to make one of the ugliest cars in history actually look nice and I never thought I'd be interested to follow a modification thread of an NX2000. That's what I love about this forum. The most dull and everyday cars turned into labours of love that look cool and stylish in an understated way. They command admiration and respect when you see them. Great work mate. Keep it up.
                        Currently drive a Honda CM2 (2003)

Comment

Originally posted by MR. NXR View Post
                          i didnt like my daily micra at all but it was the k12. i am loving the vx commodore tho.

my nx is also off the road needing engine work
                          The K12 is quite different from the K11. The K12 is a Renault/Nissan and the K11 is just a Nissan product. K12 is safer, heavier and slower (often auto). K11 is dangerous, light (810kg) and while sporting less bhp still feels quick (often manual)! Can't beat 5l/100km highway with my SR20...

Originally posted by mazdaratrod View Post
                          car is making some headway, looks great!
                          question: do the N14 seat rails fit straight onto the nx? as in are the nx OEM seat rails and the N14 ones the same?
                          i have an N14 pulsar i will be cannabalizing for the NX as i found most parts are a straight fit
                          Yes, they are a perfect fit! I only chopped em to make the seats ultra-low

Originally posted by Stevearcade View Post
                          Wow, I suddenly have a new found respect for the NX2000. You've managed to make one of the ugliest cars in history actually look nice and I never thought I'd be interested to follow a modification thread of an NX2000. That's what I love about this forum. The most dull and everyday cars turned into labours of love that look cool and stylish in an understated way. They command admiration and respect when you see them. Great work mate. Keep it up.
                          Thanks

Here's a picture from last year, when I got the Micra and still had my old pretty NX.
                          Don't mind the hubcaps, both vehicles are rocking winter tyres... Alloys are for summer

Some Micra specs:
                          -1.0L CG10DE Engine running 10W-40 Mobil 1
                          -No Aircon
                          -No Powersteering
                          -No Central locks
                          -No Cigarette plug
                          -Lightest verison (810kg), Spare wheel & jack ditched

Might get a thread for it if I start modding... Already have plans for cams & intake mods...

Comment

Handbrakes can be a pain, my handbrake doesn't center correctly and often brakes harder on either brake (need to fix it at some point). MOT guys are very picky about handbrakes...

A thread about the Micra sounds like a good idea, if you decide to start modding it!

Comment

Small midweek update

Started bashing the sills straight. Grinding down rust, applying zinc coat, applyingrust paint, applying primer, applying stonechip..

My new best friends..

Work in progress.. Need to apply some glass fiber now...

Waiting for spare cash to order some new brand spanking new VW headlamps.. Stay tuned!

Comment

Okay, so today I'm not gonna bore you with rust pics, I've got something better:

Ordered a costly pair of these:

They were the most expensive (but also the best looking imo) VW Golf MK3 Devil Eyes on the net.

Can't wait to start installing these badboys later this week

Comment

Working...
                                X