Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dala's Nissan NX2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The everlasting bodywork continues. Still cold here, spring hasn't arrived yet Still impossible to paint...

Didn't take any pictures, since most of the stuff I did was generic bodywork.

Oh, the stainless steel hoses are on, and here is my solution for making trim pieces stick while the glue hardens

Installed the wideband and got a generic pod bracket that I moulded to fit the A-pillar, looks pretty good in daylight (the picture was taken with a flash)

I promise the next update will be more exciting!

Comment

• Well, I promised something exciting, and you'll recieve it at the bottom of this post...

First, i picked up some boot struts. Went with 50cm, 700NM specced, alittle on the strong side, but now my boot stays open These were easy to fit!

Then I recieved my prothane engine mounts. I'm upgrading the rear and front mount (left and right stays stock rubber for more comfort). These will go on soon

And now, for tonights finale: 2.5" Catback!

I'm only showing the cat->rear muffler section, because the rear muffler is still in need of a shiny bit. That'll probably happen next update.

Here is a closeup on size difference, you won't believe the sound difference when going from shitty 1.5" crushbends to a freeflowing 2.5". It really brings the beast out from the SR-engine!

Also, starting work next week. When the first paycheck lands, the VE also lands..

Comment

• Oh boy oh boy this is coming together nicely!!!

She is looking great so far!!!

One question I have, magnetic oil drain plugs, is that so little shards of metal or what have you don't recycle through your engine but actually stick to the plug and you just clean it off once you do your next oil change? I have never seen them before.

Comment

• Originally posted by deloreandmc View Post
          Oh boy oh boy this is coming together nicely!!!

She is looking great so far!!!

One question I have, magnetic oil drain plugs, is that so little shards of metal or what have you don't recycle through your engine but actually stick to the plug and you just clean it off once you do your next oil change? I have never seen them before.
          Thanks, and yes, you are correct!

Sorry for lack of updates, boring filler job is not things you wan't to post.

Replaced the front engine mount with prothane:

Here is how the new exhaust tip looks:

And finally, the SR20VE has been ordered from Japan! Will take 2-3weeks to get it here to the end of the world, but damn I'm excited!

Comment

• Update time!

This weekend was a good one! Great weather and nice company! And I've got the paintcans!(more on that further down)

Started by picking up a HUGE compressor. It's from my granddad, and he built it himself. It's alittle bit on the overkill side, but i need the dual water-separators

Next on the list was water-sanding the car. My friend who owns my old NX showed up, and I helped him with some of his projects aswell. Need to keep these cars running

I started with 600 grit, and it took the whole day to sand everything!

The NX1600 had a mot-failure on rust, so here we are adressing that..

Engine bay shot on the NX1600. It get's really good mpg compared to my NX2000 :P

And for the el grande finale, the paint-shop purchase

Here's the masterpiece, Volkswagens Black Magic-Metallic

Thanks for looking, more next week

Comment

• man that would kill your arms
              1996 Mitsubishi FTO GPX Manual

Comment

• lovin the car ... makes me want to get one ...
                Originally posted by balaiz
                the only thing wrong with honda's is their owners lol
                Originally posted by KP92
                The Civic is a popular car, that doesn't make it amazing. Syphilis is popular, but it definitely isn't amazing!

Comment

• Thanks guys, forgot to add some samples that made me go with the LC9Z, here is how it looks when detailed:

Hopefully, I can achieve that :P
                  I'm off to source some safety materials, since 2K color contains cyanide, so fresh air is absolute necessity!

Comment

• amazing. i love seeing your updates
                    sigpic

BY NDH 795

Comment

• It's showtime!

Picked up some extra workers, and started by modifying the garage into a spraybooth. Used some clear plastic to cover the walls.

Rubbed the entire car with antistatic silicone remover. Started masking up..

Safety is important when working with 2K paints, it's alot more potent than standard acrylic paint. Wear protection, even when mixing! It contains cyanide!

After experimenting on some panels, I rolled the car into the booth. Went over it again with the silicone remover to get rid of the extra dust. The floor also got sprayed with some water beforehand.

The mixing table. I'm mixing the basecoat+reducer+thinner to a 2:1:10% ratio. The clear+hardener is 1:1 ratio. Important here is a filter when mixing, and labeled cups to keep the ratios within spec.

It's far from finished, needs more layers and a clearcoat, but here is a sneakpeek
                      EDIT: link broke, here is a temp low-res pic

Completed pics to follow! stay tuned within 72hours!
                      Last edited by Dala; 10-06-2013, 02:13 AM.

Comment

• MAAD! Never see these in Aus, not sure if we even have them here
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by crbndawg View Post
                          MAAD! Never see these in Aus, not sure if we even have them here
                          They are everywhere I also own one in Victoria to. But we call them nx coupes
                          sigpic

BY NDH 795

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. NXR View Post
                            They are everywhere I also own one in Victoria to. But we call them nx coupes
                            Yeah, but the US is a completely different story. I think I have only seen 1 or 2 in my lifetime.

Nice progress so far and great choice of paint by the way!
                            29 years old, and still a daily.

Comment

• Wow awesome! I bet that home made spray booth took a lot of prep, I wish I was brave enough to do that...oh and had money...
                              Idiot YouTube comment of the day brought to you by YouTube - a place where grammar and common sense go to die.

sigpic

Comment

• Yeah, uber rare here in the us. I've only ever seen one, and it was in horrid condition. Yours, however, I will consider to be the nx2000 standard of perfection. I cannot express how much I adore that color choice. Great bodywork, all around fantastic build.
                                M plus M plus M plus M plus M equals FUN

Comment

Working...
                                X