Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best Gaming Franchise of ALL TIME! (VOTE)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Best Gaming Franchise of ALL TIME! (VOTE)

    My favourite was and still is the Need For Speed series, I got my first PS2 just after they were released here, about 2001-2002 maybe. I was inseparable from the series, it was pure magic and so much fun, the game I loved most was Underground 2, the deep and extensive range of customization, the ability of free roam, and challenging people to a straight up drag race while free roaming was just awesome. I did sort of lose confidence with them in Hot Pursuit, seeing as the HP 2010 game, you had to rip the handbrake and drift just to go around the corner, the handling was so stiff, they needed a lot of grease for that wheel I’ll tell you that! – Like most Need For Speed fans, I am eagerly awaiting the release of The Run, which I have the demo of and it, in my opinion, is alright. What I would like to see more of in the series is cars that the general public can afford, not racing with a fifty-million, unreleased, top-secret concept car. Cars such as domestics, classics, imports, tuners and hell, even everyday cars me and you see on the street, bring back free roam mode, get real licensing parts from companies like APR Performance, MUGEN, and the tons and tons more. As well as the authenticity of the sounds.

    Anyway, that’s enough from me, what about you?
    31
    Gran Turismo
    16.13%
    5
    Need For Speed
    19.35%
    6
    Call of Duty
    9.68%
    3
    Grand Theft Auto
    38.71%
    12
    Assassins Creed
    0.00%
    0
    Forza
    16.13%
    5
    Smackdown VS RAW
    0.00%
    0
    "Front wheel drive can drift-not-really-just-does-hand-brakies-around-corners."
    sigpic

    Originally posted by phoenx
    what if there was a newspaper for this thread? it would be the STD, social thread daily...

  • #2
    I think you will find that being on a car modification site, most people will vote for NFS (considering its street tuning and the likes). I loved Underground 1 & 2 and Most wanted, i would play them all day. But theyre newer games, Carbon, Shift, Shift 2 and The Run have let them down terribly. So i chose GTA.

    Prove me wrong people.

    Comment


    • #3
      Forza is great only if your looking for something absolutely realistic and not fun.

      Comment


      • #4
        I find your lack of Mario disappointing
        Originally posted by MOOG
        Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
        Originally posted by Jenga
        You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

        Comment


        • #5
          Mario is the best franchise EVER, with more copies sold world wide than any other franchise

          IF you put in Assassins creed and smack down vs raw you would have at least thought of mario.

          You also forgot, Metal Gear Solid, The Legend of Zelda series AND Final Fantasy. These are old school and far more superior than the newer age stuff. I know I'm old and thats why I say it but. Story over graphics. I would prefer to play a game that lasts for ages and is full of great content rather than a game that was short and looked good. There is no real easy way to make a poll asking what franchise is the best as I know I play a lot of consol games while other people play a lot of pc games, but to forget about 3 of the biggest franchises, bigger than assassins creed and smack down vs raw, it makes me sad
          Jay
          GTAusMotive

          2008 Honda Civic Type R, Honda Accord Euro CL9
          1991 Honda Civic Gli, 1977 Honda Civic 2 Speed Hondamatic Auto, Mini-Me Ed Civic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PALO8OY View Post
            Forza is great only if your looking for something absolutely realistic and not fun.
            I completely disagree. Forza is realistic but thats one of the reasons it is fun. Your telling me you wouldnt have fun going 150+mph around a track in a supercar that you modified lol, I can do that all day. I call it sunday.

            As for my vote, they would have to go to Zelda or Mario. Best games throughout my childhood and gave the best memories. I remember The Ocarina of time like I remember my birthdays lol.
            Monzter
            Big Poster +1000kw
            Last edited by Monzter; 29-10-2011, 11:30 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Monzter View Post
              I completely disagree. Forza is realistic but thats one of the reasons it is fun. Your telling me you wouldnt have fun going 150+mph around a track in a supercar that you modified lol, I can do that all day. I call it sunday.

              As for my vote, they would have to go to Zelda or Mario. Best games throughout my childhood and gave the best memories. I remember The Ocarina of time like I remember my birthdays lol.
              Yes, but play through career. They gift you each win, every time you level up they give you a new car. So basically you dont spend a cent buying cars, but instead modding them.

              Comment


              • #8
                After winning you gain xp, like any other game. After going up a level yes you get a car but, you can chose from 3-5 cars each level. Thats a small range considering the game has 500 cars. You spend money modding them, and spend money buying other cars you like that aren't gifted. I know I spend a good amount on cars and little if any on modding since its free. I dont see how not spending money in game would make it not fun lol? If anything having easier access to more vehicles makes it more fun.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by milkchicken View Post
                  Mario is the best franchise EVER, with more copies sold world wide than any other franchise

                  IF you put in Assassins creed and smack down vs raw you would have at least thought of mario.

                  You also forgot, Metal Gear Solid, The Legend of Zelda series AND Final Fantasy. These are old school and far more superior than the newer age stuff. I know I'm old and thats why I say it but. Story over graphics. I would prefer to play a game that lasts for ages and is full of great content rather than a game that was short and looked good. There is no real easy way to make a poll asking what franchise is the best as I know I play a lot of consol games while other people play a lot of pc games, but to forget about 3 of the biggest franchises, bigger than assassins creed and smack down vs raw, it makes me sad
                  +1 for Final Fantasy! I totally agree, I would rather play a game with great content and I love getting caught up in the story.
                  Red NA6 MX5

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Monzter View Post
                    After winning you gain xp, like any other game. After going up a level yes you get a car but, you can chose from 3-5 cars each level. Thats a small range considering the game has 500 cars. You spend money modding them, and spend money buying other cars you like that aren't gifted. I know I spend a good amount on cars and little if any on modding since its free. I dont see how not spending money in game would make it not fun lol? If anything having easier access to more vehicles makes it more fun.
                    I dont know about you, but i much prefer a challenge.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PALO8OY View Post
                      I dont know about you, but i much prefer a challenge.
                      The challenge is with the cars and racing not buy buying cars.

                      The frustrating thing about playing forza 3 was you kept slugging away for ages and got no where they your car was outclassed. Then you had to buy one with what winnings you do have. OR you had to give up. The thing is, its to stop people hacking the game. I admit I had a hacked game where I had 99,999,999,999 credits. that was so then i could buy lots of cars and do them up, I didn't complete, actually i didn't even start the career on it and the consol never went online os I had 2 games and consoles to play the same game.

                      With the new system you can now buy a car and have cheap parts. Its not about maxing out everything you can, its about being able to chuck a few upgrades on your car so then you can be faster.

                      With gifting the cars. Its stopps after level 50, and there is 150 driver level that you can get to. I'm at level 55 (I think may be higher though) and its now a lot longer to get your driver level to go up and the AI is so much tougher.

                      Its a challenge to race, forget the cars and stuff cos when you have to slug away and get no where its not fun.
                      Jay
                      GTAusMotive

                      2008 Honda Civic Type R, Honda Accord Euro CL9
                      1991 Honda Civic Gli, 1977 Honda Civic 2 Speed Hondamatic Auto, Mini-Me Ed Civic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Repping the GTA
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by milkchicken View Post
                          The challenge is with the cars and racing not buy buying cars.

                          The frustrating thing about playing forza 3 was you kept slugging away for ages and got no where they your car was outclassed. Then you had to buy one with what winnings you do have. OR you had to give up. The thing is, its to stop people hacking the game. I admit I had a hacked game where I had 99,999,999,999 credits. that was so then i could buy lots of cars and do them up, I didn't complete, actually i didn't even start the career on it and the consol never went online os I had 2 games and consoles to play the same game.

                          With the new system you can now buy a car and have cheap parts. Its not about maxing out everything you can, its about being able to chuck a few upgrades on your car so then you can be faster.

                          With gifting the cars. Its stopps after level 50, and there is 150 driver level that you can get to. I'm at level 55 (I think may be higher though) and its now a lot longer to get your driver level to go up and the AI is so much tougher.

                          Its a challenge to race, forget the cars and stuff cos when you have to slug away and get no where its not fun.
                          I must be alot different then. I like slugging it out to get cars and mod them. That way i feel a sense of achievement when i do succeed.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by milkchicken View Post
                            The challenge is with the cars and racing not buy buying cars.

                            The frustrating thing about playing forza 3 was you kept slugging away for ages and got no where they your car was outclassed. Then you had to buy one with what winnings you do have. OR you had to give up. The thing is, its to stop people hacking the game. I admit I had a hacked game where I had 99,999,999,999 credits. that was so then i could buy lots of cars and do them up, I didn't complete, actually i didn't even start the career on it and the consol never went online os I had 2 games and consoles to play the same game.

                            With the new system you can now buy a car and have cheap parts. Its not about maxing out everything you can, its about being able to chuck a few upgrades on your car so then you can be faster.

                            With gifting the cars. Its stopps after level 50, and there is 150 driver level that you can get to. I'm at level 55 (I think may be higher though) and its now a lot longer to get your driver level to go up and the AI is so much tougher.

                            Its a challenge to race, forget the cars and stuff cos when you have to slug away and get no where its not fun.
                            This saves me from a lengthy reply. Well said!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by PALO8OY View Post
                              I must be alot different then. I like slugging it out to get cars and mod them. That way i feel a sense of achievement when i do succeed.
                              There is the level of achievement when your done. Turn 10 got a lot of suggestions about leveling up and that people wanted to be able to level up easier. I know for me I try and race with as many stock cars as I can, I only modify my drift cars and my awesome drag car I have. It makes you feel good for yourself when you race in a stock car and still win.
                              Jay
                              GTAusMotive

                              2008 Honda Civic Type R, Honda Accord Euro CL9
                              1991 Honda Civic Gli, 1977 Honda Civic 2 Speed Hondamatic Auto, Mini-Me Ed Civic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X