Go Fast Bits Castrol Oil Supercheap Auto Haltech ECU Bridgestone Tyres DW Fuel Systems

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show your rig!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show your rig!

Lets reboot this thread as it did pretty well last time

Current rig
    Case: NZXT Tempest Evo
    Power: Coolermaster V700
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
    Processor: Intel Core i5-4670
    Cooling: Corsair H110i
    Memory: 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1333
    Graphics: 2x Asus GTX560 2GB in SLI
    Storage: 128GB Crucial M4 for Windows install, 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 for Program Files, 2TB Samsung Spinpoint F4 for storage
    Cooling: stock NZXT case fans, 2x 120mm in front, 2x140mm (for H110i radiator) in top, 1x 120mm in back
    More: Aerocool Touch 2000 which controls the front and top fans and also shows me 4 temp sensors (memory temp, intake temp at the drivecage, case temp and radiator outlet)

More stuff
    Keyboard: Logitech G510
    Mouse: Roccat Kone+
    Display: 2x Iiyama Prolite 24" 1920x1080
    Sound: Logitech Z2300 and Fatal1ty Gaming Headset
    Gamecontrollers: Logitech G25 and Saitek yoke and throttle quadrant

Upgrades planned
    Want to go back to a case with a window since the pc isn't on the ground anymore with my new desk. Am planning for a red/black theme, motherboard and RAM where already in this theme by coincidence, the graphics cards are red/black aswell and I wanted them to be MSI just like the motherboard. Also MSI happens to have this really badass looking black/red illuminated SLI bridge. To make sure I'm not running into bottleneck issue's with the new graphics cards I'm going to upgrade to a Core i7 when funds allow.

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770
    Case: Coolermaster Mastercase Pro 6 (red)
    Graphics: 2x secondhand MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB (card #1 arriving today, card #2 hopefully before the end of the week).

Then ditch the Aerocool unit since the Mastercase Pro 6 has a closed front and get new casefans that fit the black/red theme.

Future plans
    Get rid of the 2TB storagedrive and put all my stuff on my 19" rackmounted 4x4TB Qnap network storage. Get a bigger solid state drive and replace the Spinpoint F3 as its almost 7 years old.
    Last edited by TheCaptain; 30-03-2017, 12:48 AM.

Picture of old setup here:

Old setup with twin GTX560's

Setup since 3 hours ago, the first GTX970 is in, expecting the second one on friday

Last edited by TheCaptain; 03-04-2017, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Main rig
      Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
      Power: Corsair TX650V2 (swapped fan for enermax TB silence 140) and custom DIY braiding using 550lb paracord
      Motherboard: Asus P9X79
      Processor: Intel Core i7-4820K
      Memory: 4x4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600
      Graphics: MSI GTX780 3GB
      Storage: 240GB Crucial M500 for OS and separate steam partition, 750GB Seagate Constellation SE for games, 1TB WD Black for Program Files, documents, download cache and a small games partition, 1TB WD SE for games, 4TB WD SE for storage & photos
      Cooling: Koolance CPU-380i, EK FC Titan, Alphacool NexXxos XT45 480mm & 240mm copper radiators, XSPC Photon 270 reservoir, XSPC D5 vario pump with EK top, stock 140mm phanteks case fans (2x front, 1x side and 1x rear), 1x noctua NF-F12 in the 5.25" bay, 1x be quiet silent wings 140 in the side, 1x scythe s-flex 120 in the back, 6x Nidec servo Gentle Typhoon fans on the radiators
      More: AJA Kona LSe digital framestore, LG Bluray writer, Enermax 2x2 fan controller which controls all of the fans via splitters + temperature and fan speed monitoring

More stuff
      Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB
      Mouse: Microsoft WMO
      Display: Dell 2408WFP 24" 1920x1200 & Iiyama PLH540S 21" 1600x1200
      Sound: Asus Xonar Essence ST Deluxe into marantz AV7701 preamp/processor, to interM R300 power amp/Harrison Xi150 power amp and to either Tannoy SRM-10B's or JBL Control 1's. (Beyer DT-770's or AKG K601 for headphones)
      Game controllers: Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless

Upgrades planned
      Nothing yet.

Future plans
      Considering a ryzen upgrade once it all settles down. Also looking forward to AMD's vega GPU's.

Pump side.

Back when it was all freshly installed

Recent shot with the AJA kona card fitted and memory changed out for 2x 8GB rather than 4x4GB (testing)

Server (was my old gaming rig up to 2014)
      Case: Coolermaster CM690-II
      Power: Superflower Golden Green 550W
      Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
      Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955BE (underclocked and under volted to reduce consumption)
      Memory: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600
      Graphics: nVidia Quadro NVS310
      Storage: 120GB Samsung SSD, 7x 2TB WD SE in RAID 5 (12TB array)
      Cooling: Prolimatech megahalems + noctua industrial PPC fan, 1x NMB-MAT 120x38mm drive cooling fan, 1x yate loon 140mm fan, 4x 120mm Scythe kama flow
      More: LSI megaraid 8888ELP pulled from an old server, intel RES2sv240 SAS Expander, 2x icybox 3x5.25" bay backplanes, Belkin USB 3.0 card

Future plans
      Reduce power consumption further as this thing is on pretty much 24/7

Older shot before the sas expander card went in

Old shot showing it with an old Quadro FX5200

Next to the phanteks case, it looks pretty dinky.

Comment

Finally got the ****ing pictures to work on my previous post. The size is a bit of though

And oh, I need to put all my other computers on here aswell, I got 8 or something, I don't know exactly lol

Comment

Man, those sleeved power cables look really good Kei-86! Love them. Tempted to do mine aswell, red/black offcourse, gotta stick with the theme.

What's that bit of flatcable on the second pic for?

Second and third GTX970 are on their way
          Last edited by TheCaptain; 31-03-2017, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCaptain View Post
            Man, those sleeved power cables look really good Kei-86! Love them. Tempted to do mine aswell, red/black offcourse, gotta stick with the theme.

What's that bit of flatcable on the second pic for?
            Sleeving cables yourself is a nightmare as it ruins your fingers. The ribbon cable in the second shot is the link between the main sound card and the "daughter" surround card. (xonar HDAV H6) I've since taken it out as I don't use it, opting to use optical out instead as it isn't susceptible to ground loops. Only reason I keep the sound card is because of ASIO support.

Comment

Might see if I can find somehow who's willing to do it for me then

Comment

Still need to tidy up the wiring to the cards, but here's a quick pic of the cards. Had a bit of an issue with artifacts when playing games with SLI enabled, cleaning the SLI contacts and the connectors on the SLI bridge fixed that.

Still on the list
                - Coolermaster Mastercase Pro 6 (red edition)
                - MSI SLI bridge (with fancy logo and lighting and stuff)
                - 5x Corsair AF140 fan's (black with red lining)
                - Maybe some red or white CCFL's
                Last edited by TheCaptain; 04-04-2017, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X