Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you want a NA/USA MCM Meet to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would you want a NA/USA MCM Meet to be?

Obvious things would be some sort of central location, preferably near a track or great driving road, so places like socal and NY arent very feasible, due to how far some members would have to travel. Anyone have any suggestions for the next MCM NA/USA meet?

Accidently hit enter before i was done, can a mod edit the title to say NA/USA? Thanks.

Perry, Ohio is a good place. Thompson raceway is only like 10 miles from there.
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 6.2 liter V-8, K&N intake, P&P'd TB, Borla long tube headers & ATAK exhaust, Mast motorsports Stage 2 cam and springs, Custom dyno tune by RDP Motorsport, MSD 2step, Hurst line lock, Dynotune nitrous kit, Eibach lowering springs, Camaro V-6 "Heritage" wheels, MT Street radials (coming soon). 510 RWHP 525 RWTQ

Wanna race? How much money you bring? I'll match it.

Comment

Flint, Michigan. I saw a list once that said it was the most dangerous city in america to live in so you should go there, would be fun!
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Crazy2287
      Stephen, Are you stalking me?

Comment

I am partial to Watkins Glen NY...because it is closest to me. lol
        Another thought:
        Corvettes at Carlisle in PA. A HUGE gathering of corvettes that happens around the end of August.
        Originally posted by MOOG
        Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
        Originally posted by Jenga
        You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

Since I am lazy and wouldn't want to travel far, I nominate Albuquerque. It is centralish in the country, and we have a 1/4 mile drag strip, road race track, dirt track, and drift track. So it pretty much covers all racing aspects. Also unlike Canada we don't really have many road laws to obey. Yes there are speed limits, but no worries about lights, turn signals, hoods, smashed cars, etc, because there isn't such a thing as inspections here.
          1987 Mazda RX7 Turbo II - T66 powered
          1979 MG Midget - High Compression N/A
          2004 Chevrolet Silverado - L18 swap in the works

Comment

My basement.

Comment

If it's in or close to ohio, I'm down. Only exception to that is ADowbs' basement.

Comment

Miami fl. That or englishtown nj. Or jacksonville fl.
                Curiousity killed the car... In VTEC We Trust.

sigpic

Originally posted by khindustries
                Yes downforce on the rear wheels is essential for a FWD car

Comment

there is always atco NJ hell if we could get together 1500 i think it is we could rent the track for a day.....and in jersey there is always something to do, cruise to atlantic city, there is philly museums and stuff, plus a outdoor BBQ at one of the many HUGE parks around with all the cars out.

its pretty central to the NE and there is plenty of cheap hotels/motels around to stay up if you would need it.

http://www.atcoraceway.com/

Full Day Rental (9:30am- 4:30pm Sharp)

• 15 Cars Maximum
                  1-10 Cars : $2000
                  10-15 Cars: $3000

One tech card per car and driver. NO switching drivers. No splitting of
                  rental spots. All crew members must sign the release form.

the only thing to this is they still follow the NHRA rules and regs, so you need to:

firesuit for a aftermarket forced induction
                  roll bars if your car goes 11.49 or faster

so on and so fourth on the rules, im sure if your car is fast enough for most of them to apply then you know them already
                  Last edited by Kerst; 07-05-2012, 12:53 PM.
                  2004 dodge SRT-4
                  3" turbo back w/ 3" high flow cat, CCA big FMIC, 255lph fuel pump, 888cc Siemens fuel injectors, 3" agp CAI, agp 38mm external wastegate, HKS SSQV v.4 BoV, AGP upper and lower intercooler pipes, AEM UEGO wideband and tru boost gauges, AGP/Borg Warner S200sx-rs56 turbo kit, 20PSI boost , 60mm throttle body, SCT pcm reflash,

http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...dge-neon......

Comment

Originally posted by grenadian1 View Post
                    Miami fl. That or englishtown nj. Or jacksonville fl.
                    no....never speak of englishtown........ever....again.....its the spawn of some devil. englishtown is fine for NHRA but for regular people trying to run their cars Atco racecway is the number one spot to go. not only is the track crew 100times better at atco but i know of at least 4 records for a stock car that have been broken there, it sits at just the right sea level and the temps/baro are nearly perfect.
                    2004 dodge SRT-4
                    3" turbo back w/ 3" high flow cat, CCA big FMIC, 255lph fuel pump, 888cc Siemens fuel injectors, 3" agp CAI, agp 38mm external wastegate, HKS SSQV v.4 BoV, AGP upper and lower intercooler pipes, AEM UEGO wideband and tru boost gauges, AGP/Borg Warner S200sx-rs56 turbo kit, 20PSI boost , 60mm throttle body, SCT pcm reflash,

http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...dge-neon......

Comment

How about....
                      Just outside of Indianapolis?

Comment

I'd say somewhere on the West coast. So many tracks spread across the area. And I'm not saying that just because I live on the west coast atm. :P

However, if they opened a donation page of some sort, I bet they can rack up enough money to go several places over the U.S. can start from West to East. I think it's manageable. Hopefully I'll have my Camaro fixed by then...
                        1982 Chevrolet K10 w/ mild 350cui & NP205 transfer case (My SHTF mobile)
                        1996 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 RS w/ Y87 package
                        2004 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 w/ 4.3L Boat anchor

Comment

Laguna Seca in Monterey CA has a huge paddock area that can take car meets up to 500+. That and with Skip Barber moving his school the track is readily available for rentals.
                          2011 VW Jetta TDI - Stock (Warranty)
                          1998 Civic Coupe - Clean stocker, city beater w/ ronal teddies
                          1983 Audi Ur-quattro - Project has begun.
                          1970 Chevy El Camino - Crate engine, go fast bits, sits in storage.

sigpic

Comment

Las Vegas!

Comment

DETROIT!
                              i dont know where it is or anything, but I here people get robbed there a lot, perfect place to take expensive clean cars.
                              Mighty Mod Everything.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X