Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mighty Car Mods - Hunter Region Meets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Guys,

A bit of a late notice post I'm sorry. There will be a small cruise this Friday night for those of us who work during the week or just love to drive. The cruise route will involve travveling south but not too far because some of us have commitments the next day.

Meet Point: Caves Beach (The road that leads to the beach, a quick google map check and you'll see where I mean)
    Meet Time: 8:30pm
    Route: TBA
    End Time: Late

Hope to see you there,
    All the best,
    Matt
    sigpic

Comment

• A reminder to all that our next meet is scheduled for the 4th of April, that is the first thursday of April which is different from prior rules. We would love to see some new faces attend. It will be a fun night
      sigpic

Comment

• Bumping because this meet is tonight.

Comment

• Meet/cruise this Thursday?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• hey mate where in caves?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deviousbamf View Post
              hey mate where in caves?
              your a bit behind, the caves cruise was weeks ago

Originally posted by GibbsA View Post
              Meet/cruise this Thursday?

but we are meeting as usual this thursday at the uni between 7 and 8
              i like it loud <<-- my build thread '64 mini ... van

Comment

• Originally posted by princess View Post
                but we are meeting as usual this thursday at the uni between 7 and 8
                Plans to drive anywhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by GibbsA View Post
                  Plans to drive anywhere?

not sure yet, we usually do go for a drive somewhere

Comment

• Originally posted by princess View Post
                    not sure yet, we usually do go for a drive somewhere
                    Yup, ok then. Should be there. Maybe if I come we'll get 50+ cars again! Haha. That was the only time I've ever gone..

Comment

• Hi Guys,

This is a bump post to alert everyone that the Hunter Region MCM Meet-up is happening again on the 2nd of May in the ICT Carpark at the University of Newcastle at 8pm. I hope to see you all there!

Originally posted by GibbsA View Post
                      Yup, ok then. Should be there. Maybe if I come we'll get 50+ cars again! Haha. That was the only time I've ever gone..
                      I doubt we will see that many again unless we let it reach other car clubs. Regardless, the smaller group makes the event more enjoyable as it evokes a more conversational tone.
                      sigpic

Comment

• bumping cause tonight

Comment

• Hi All,
                          I would like to invite you all to a mid-year driving cruise through upper and mid NSW along some fantastic roads including: Woonton Way, The Lakes Way and Buckets Way along with various other good stretches of road. It’s being held on Sunday the 30th of June because we like to accommodate for anyone working or has exams to finish. This is a day cruise and as such some traffic is expected so the main idea behind the cruise is to see some great scenery and get some knowledge about the roads. Of course there will be times where driving with “enthusiasm” will be tolerated but this is at your own risk. Having said that standard meet rules apply:

• Don’t be a dick
                          • Don’t spin your wheels (Burnout)
                          • Don’t be a dick to the public
                          • Respect your car, its limits and the road rules
                          • BE SAFE!

The start time is 9:00am at the Kotara Homemaker centre (Park near the stormwater channel on the GoodGuysTM side of the parking lot. It would be appreciated if you got here at 8:50 so we can leave early. When we get back depends on your constraints for time as we have two routes planned. Despite this you are free to turn around and go home whenever you please (we recommend telling another driver before you do so, so that we know you’re not left behind stranded).
                          The itinerary will be as follows:

o Leave the Homemaker centre around 9am
                          o Stop in Buladelah (Point D) after doing a run through Wooton Way and back for fuel, there is a Mobil, Shell and a Caltex all which stock 98. Go to IGA and buy some snags (for lunch) because it appears Coomba Park doesn't have any kind of Supermarket
                          o Stop in Coomba Park for lunch (Point F)
                          o Refuel in Forster if required, continue cruise otherwise
                          o Refuel in Gloucester (Point G)
                          o Arrive in Newcastle around 6pm

A Google map of the cruise with listed points is here: http://goo.gl/maps/68d5Y. Feel free to ask me any questions regarding the cruise.
                          Things to bring include yourself and your car but it is advised to bring some other necessities such as:

 2 Way Radio
                           Spare Tire and various tools if required
                           Zip ties
                           First aid kit
                           Lunch
                           Fuel drums if your car is thirsty or runs E85

Please note this invitation is exclusive and to be kept to forum members (we really would like this to be a cruise where everyone knows each other rather than a viral one with “hoons”), if you have friends who you think would be keen on joining and they aren't a total tool please let me know and I’ll be more than happy to send out another invite, it’s a great thing to have a large group of enthusiasts who are happy with the rest of the group. I’m looking forward to this cruise and seeing some new faces and cars.

Many Thanks and Kind Regards,
                          Matt
                          sigpic

Comment

• Sounds like a plan.

As an FYI for everyone, the main point of this exercise is to scout the area around Wooton way, because a few of us are keen to do the Buledelah hillclimb in September. We want to have a look at the road before attending the race itself.

Definitely bring a packed lunch or snacks, you'll be needing them!
                            Last edited by Jenga; 17-06-2013, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Plan was a BBQ at Coomba Park? Princess said there was a decent picnic area.

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeyD View Post
                                Plan was a BBQ at Coomba Park? Princess said there was a decent picnic area.
                                Complete with playground. :P
                                sigpic
                                '91 MX5, hard top, coilovers, 15's, intake, exhaust, much more to come

Comment

Working...
                                X