Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCM Meet end of January in Brisbane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's always going to be the regular MCM community/close bunch of people going so the main presence will be there, making the facebook event will only bolster the numbers to keep the events regular and strong.

Comment

• there's a difference between regular and strong, and cant find a car park big enough
      Originally posted by villain
      That's because your engine is all like "Dafuq brah? I'm sick of going straight. Lets go sideways" and then your diff's all like "Yeah brah, lets do it lol".

Comment

• Hey guys heads up, I hear it's gonna be a bit rainy and windy this weekend in Brissy, so might have to keep that in mind
        Think about how stupid the average person is,
        and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nordica-k2 View Post
          There's always going to be the regular MCM community/close bunch of people going so the main presence will be there, making the facebook event will only bolster the numbers to keep the events regular and strong.
          yes, however, if there are 200 people going, and you walk up to someone and say "hey, i'm lphilp from the forum" they're going to say "good for you. i'm not on the forum" whereas a forum member would be like "ohhhh, so you're lphilp eh? i'm asdfghjkl, this is my car."

basically, its the idea of putting names to faces. besides, i'm pretty sure that you wouldn't be able to have 250 plus people on a cruise. it would just get messy.

Originally posted by SpaceCowBoy View Post
          ^^ This right here , if your going to the brisbane meet let me know and we can discuss this further
          nah i can't make it :/ pm me and we can discuss there?
          Last edited by lphilp; 24-01-2013, 10:51 AM.
          Originally posted by tekkentool
          like this post? herpa derpa durr etc.

Comment

• The forum meets sound like a good idea, we'll have a chat to tooza,1k,reeves and all the other forum members that rock up and see what they think.
            A general MCM meet will be cool for the numbers and a forum meet would be cool to get to know the guys we talk to online.
            Originally posted by ADowbs
            He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
            sigpic
            My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Originally posted by villain View Post
              The forum meets sound like a good idea, we'll have a chat to tooza,1k,reeves and all the other forum members that rock up and see what they think.
              A general MCM meet will be cool for the numbers and a forum meet would be cool to get to know the guys we talk to online.
              sounds good to me. something like the second friday of every month for a meet up or the day after for a cruise?

Comment

• There are a few more meets in the planning stage. There will be a gold coast meet happening shortly. At this stage the plan is to get this one outta the way and see what/ how we can improve on it.
                Now to spot mighty car mod fans look at the mods! are the calipers painted? is there a mighty car mods sticker on the car? Or just ask - are you guys on the forum. thats basically what i did at the last meet and i soon found out who were the forum members. If you run into me, ill happily point out those i know are on here or maybe we could just stick a printed MCM forum member sign on the dash when ya park so members can pick you out of the crowd and hang round ya car if there keen to meet you.

Comment

• Oh, that gives me another idea.
                  Members can put a little sign on their dash/window with their username. That's an easy way to stick out.
                  Originally posted by ADowbs
                  He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                  sigpic
                  My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Originally posted by SpaceCowBoy View Post
                    I'm concerned about what we have achieved, this meet, to me, will only be an mcm by name, it's starting to ressemble a downshift meet where people are coming just to show off there car, I mean I highly doubt there are 265 (at last count) active mcm forum members in Brisbane, the mcm meet I had in mind would be one where you get to know the people arriving at these meets on a regular basis, not just something that's impossibly huge. In short I don't think posting the event on Facebook was the best course of action, I mean the event got exposure but its not longer an mcm forum meet.
                    I was thinking the same thing, especially when i saw people posting on Facebook about how they were going to represent another car club. I was really looking forward to a MCM meet but now it just seems like its going to b a bunch of other clubs joining in on the action. Still its going to be awesome, but just not what i had imagined.
                    3SGTE, That is all
                    http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...y-Caldina-GT-T

Comment

Oh, that gives me another idea.
                      Members can put a little sign on their dash/window with their username. That's an easy way to stick out.
                      Rake would love that :P

Totaly doing that, great idea
                      3SGTE, That is all

Comment

• Also im gona grab a couple of cubes of soft drink and some water so if anyone wants some come see me and ill chuck you a can or two. Im assuming everyone will drink coke (not a fan myself) gona grab some pepsi max as well maybe some of those mixed fruty cans goldern circle i think. depends on how much i wana spend :P lol
                        3SGTE, That is all

Comment

Oh, that gives me another idea.
                          ima get started on this the second i get home
                          Originally posted by villain
                          That's because your engine is all like "Dafuq brah? I'm sick of going straight. Lets go sideways" and then your diff's all like "Yeah brah, lets do it lol".

Comment

• Originally posted by SpaceCowBoy View Post
                            there's a difference between regular and strong, and cant find a car park big enough
                            Originally posted by lphilp View Post
                            yes, however, if there are 200 people going, and you walk up to someone and say "hey, i'm lphilp from the forum" they're going to say "good for you. i'm not on the forum" whereas a forum member would be like "ohhhh, so you're lphilp eh? i'm asdfghjkl, this is my car."
                            Will just have to see what's it's like to be honest, if it DOES turn out to be too many people then the mods will know to keep the next meet/details available to those on these forums.

Comment

• I think the main thing about the meet is for like minded ( i.e. MCM fans ) to meet up and have a chat about cars and the mods we've done to them.....

A forum sign on the dash may be a good thing.... if someone comes up with a template....

I'm new here, but getting into MCM over the last couple of months.... love what it's all about.... so much so, that I'm going to Japan this year to go shopping and see some cool car related places.... that's thanks to MOOG & Marty.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Nordica-k2 View Post
                                Will just have to see what's it's like to be honest, if it DOES turn out to be too many people then the mods will know to keep the next meet/details available to those on these forums.
                                ¿por qué no las dos?

Comment

Working...
                                X