Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCM Meet end of January in Brisbane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://t.qkme.me/35qipn.jpg
    Originally posted by villain
    That's because your engine is all like "Dafuq brah? I'm sick of going straight. Lets go sideways" and then your diff's all like "Yeah brah, lets do it lol".

Comment

• Originally posted by villain View Post
      Oh, that gives me another idea.
      Members can put a little sign on their dash/window with their username. That's an easy way to stick out.
      I'm going to paint a moustache on my car so nobody recognizes me
      Originally posted by The Euromy
      Ahh...
      That probably explains it, I still want to see some juggling though.
      Originally posted by MadeinJapan
      I'll go you one better, I want to see Tooza juggle Marty and Moog.

Comment

• MCM Meet end of January in Brisbane

Don't paint it on, get a sticker. Then you can take it off.
        Originally posted by ThePossum
        Its always made me feel uneasy, like I'm about to get bent over a pool table and take an exhaust, in my exhaust.
        Originally posted by blitz
        make it low with some stance
        Originally posted by Cal
        I miss him, now we can only comment on each others facebook statuses saying each other are gay
        Moist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tooza View Post
          I'm going to paint a moustache on my car so nobody recognizes me

foolproof
          Originally posted by tekkentool
          like this post? herpa derpa durr etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by lphilp View Post
            ¿por qué no las dos?
            Last edited by Nordica-k2; 24-01-2013, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nordica-k2 View Post

lul wut
              10char

Comment

[IMG]/killed.gif[/IMG]
                Originally posted by lphilp View Post
                lul wut
                10char
                Just fckin with ya :P

Comment

• Ok, so here are my thoughts.
                  I love the forum and without this place none of these meets would be happening. But fans of MCM aren't limited to the forum pages. Marty and Moog don't post their videos to the forum for only the die hard few, they're out there on youtube for everyone to enjoy. Given the potential size this meet could achieve, it doesn't mean you cant still enjoy it. A social club is a great idea, bbq, cruises, nights out going to a pub etc,etc... This forum is part of that bigger social club. But the same can be said for the MCM facebook page. Moog or Marty posted on their facebook page the link to the event and said this:

"Regular MCM meets have well and truly kicked off in Brisbane and there is another one organised for this weekend. Come along and meet other MCM'ers and show off your mighty ride. (If you've ever been to a MCM meet before you'll know that any and every car is welcome!)"

I know it's a bit scary to see how quickly this has grown because it's only our 2nd meet and not everyone was expecting to see this happen. But think of the potential to meet new people and bring them into the fold. Not everyone wants to go to a Downshift meet. Maybe people want an MCM meet because they don't like Downshift and vice versa. I'm bringing a few people who know nothing about MCM or car meets. I'm bringing them because of atmosphere of the MCM community because I feel that I'm in the company of friends. I want my other friends to experience that too. I trust and believe that is what made our last meet a success, and I still believe that it will be the case for this meet.

This is a learning curve for us all, and will ultimately help us direct events in the future. Weather we keep the meets big or small is something we'll work out together. I also agree that some events should remain exclusive to the forum members because this is where we've met our core group of MCM friends. Let's remain positive about this Sunday Sure new people will be there but your MCM forum friends will be there too.

I want to have a planning meet after this event so we can put everything on the table and nut it out. Everyone has their concerns and opinions, but it's not going to do anyone any good jumping to conclusions about what this meet will be like because it hasn't happened yet. I'll give the co-organizers a call before Sunday. But for now, stay happy people
                  Last edited by Tooza; 24-01-2013, 04:22 PM.
                  Ahh...

Comment

• ok, if it rains i might be able to make it. however, i might need a ride to get there :/
                    Tooza, i'm all for these big meets, however, i just don't see 250 cars doing a run. well i do, but it involves the organisers commiting suicide.

Comment

• Originally posted by lphilp View Post
                      ok, if it rains i might be able to make it. however, i might need a ride to get there :/
                      Tooza, i'm all for these big meets, however, i just don't see 250 cars doing a run. well i do, but it involves the organisers commiting suicide.
                      I agree. I don't think a 250 car cruise is practical or wise and that wasn't the point I was trying to make. The point i was wanting to make is that not all meets should be exclusive to forum members because that's not fair. Some events will be and some wont. The thing's I mentioned were ideas to illustrate that the forum is 1 part of the MCM community not the whole. But thanks for pointing that out so i could clarify.
                      Ahh...

Comment

• Can't agree more, I wasn't a member of the forums until after our meet in Spring Hill, if it wasn't for word of mouth and hearing on facepage I'd never have gone and met MCM'ers

Comment

• im still keen, but its is a bit of a scare that possibily 250+ cars are coming but on the same note im pretty excited i mean to go from 20ish cars to over 200 damb that sh17 is cray haha
                          "...no matter what you've done, you deserve respect even if you make mistakes, you lovable. Doesn't matter your looks, skills, or age or size or anything. You're worthwhile. No one can ever take that away from you." - Kai the homeless hitchhiker

Comment

Can't agree more, I wasn't a member of the forums until after our meet in Spring Hill, if it wasn't for word of mouth and hearing on facepage I'd never have gone and met MCM'ers
                            This is exactly what i'm talking about , and this is exactly the result that our meets. New people connecting into the community here because that's what i believe its about and the real reason for this forum. It's gonna grow weather people like it or not. The only way it won't is if Marty and Moog pull the plug on MCM altogether.
                            Ahh...

Comment

• Originally posted by kale View Post
                              im still keen, but its is a bit of a scare that possibily 250+ cars are coming but on the same note im pretty excited i mean to go from 20ish cars to over 200 damb that sh17 is cray haha
                              I love the idea and it certainly scares me a bit at the same time too. But It's too late to get intimidated by the numbers now, just have to push through it!!
                              Ahh...

Comment

• even so i doubt it would crash i believe its would run on its own steam
                                Originally posted by Tooza View Post
                                This is exactly what i'm talking about , and this is exactly the result that our meets. New people connecting into the community here because that's what i believe its about and the real reason for this forum. It's gonna grow weather people like it or not. The only way it won't is if Marty and Moog pull the plug on MCM altogether.
                                "...no matter what you've done, you deserve respect even if you make mistakes, you lovable. Doesn't matter your looks, skills, or age or size or anything. You're worthwhile. No one can ever take that away from you." - Kai the homeless hitchhiker

Comment

Working...
                                X