Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCM Meet end of January in Brisbane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fore sure and its just about to hit 1/4 of a 1,000 people
    "...no matter what you've done, you deserve respect even if you make mistakes, you lovable. Doesn't matter your looks, skills, or age or size or anything. You're worthwhile. No one can ever take that away from you." - Kai the homeless hitchhiker

Comment

• and just hit 250 woopwooop
      "...no matter what you've done, you deserve respect even if you make mistakes, you lovable. Doesn't matter your looks, skills, or age or size or anything. You're worthwhile. No one can ever take that away from you." - Kai the homeless hitchhiker

Comment

• I can't make this one either >_< got family crap to attend too but let's hope it goes awesomely
        sigpic
        My 1978 Honda Civic restore
        http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...restore-upgade

Comment

• Just letting everyone that was meeting at the Forest Glen BP......... (if there was any) I'm not going to be able to make it, have to pick some people + my other half up in Ipswich before they meet, as there coming along as well Going to be an awesome meet though, The best iv'e ever been to, can't wait.
          3SGTE, That is all
          http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...y-Caldina-GT-T

Comment

• Originally posted by villain View Post
            The crazy part of it all is that this is only the second meet and we've already tripled in size (going by facebook numbers here).
            I'm very keen to see what the future holds.
            The future is looking bright indeed! We're off to a great start and it shows by the enthusiasm and commitment level of everyone involved. I'm really proud of what we've achieved in such a short time
            Originally posted by The Euromy
            Ahh...
            That probably explains it, I still want to see some juggling though.
            Originally posted by MadeinJapan
            I'll go you one better, I want to see Tooza juggle Marty and Moog.

Comment

• I'm concerned about what we have achieved, this meet, to me, will only be an mcm by name, it's starting to ressemble a downshift meet where people are coming just to show off there car, I mean I highly doubt there are 265 (at last count) active mcm forum members in Brisbane, the mcm meet I had in mind would be one where you get to know the people arriving at these meets on a regular basis, not just something that's impossibly huge. In short I don't think posting the event on Facebook was the best course of action, I mean the event got exposure but its not longer an mcm forum meet.
              Originally posted by villain
              That's because your engine is all like "Dafuq brah? I'm sick of going straight. Lets go sideways" and then your diff's all like "Yeah brah, lets do it lol".

Comment

• Originally posted by SpaceCowBoy View Post
                I'm concerned about what we have achieved, this meet, to me, will only be an mcm by name, it's starting to ressemble a downshift meet where people are coming just to show off there car, I mean I highly doubt there are 265 (at last count) active mcm forum members in Brisbane, the mcm meet I had in mind would be one where you get to know the people arriving at these meets on a regular basis, not just something that's impossibly huge. In short I don't think posting the event on Facebook was the best course of action, I mean the event got exposure but its not longer an mcm forum meet.
                It does have it's benefits though, like it would bring more members into the forum community and that's always a good thing. Hey, cars are what we use to interact and socialize with and there's gonna be plenty of those right lol
                Think about how stupid the average person is,
                and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by FordV8Supercar View Post
                  It does have it's benefits though, like it would bring more members into the forum community and that's always a good thing. Hey, cars are what we use to interact and socialize with and there's gonna be plenty of those right lol
                  no i dont believe that look at downshift, they hold huge meets and only have 2000 forum members, compaired to mcm's almost 13000
                  That's because your engine is all like "Dafuq brah? I'm sick of going straight. Lets go sideways" and then your diff's all like "Yeah brah, lets do it lol".

Comment

no i dont believe that look at downshift, they hold huge meets and only have 2000 forum members, compaired to mcm's almost 13000
                    It doesn't seem anywhere near 13000 members, I'd lay money on it that only a fraction of that amount are active.
                    EDIT: I mean I don't mind small meets, they're great, but while we want to keep them small they will stay that way
                    Last edited by FordV8Supercar; 24-01-2013, 09:57 AM.
                    Think about how stupid the average person is,
                    and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.

Comment

• Re: MCM Meet end of January in Brisbane

The thing that seperates us from downshift is the common ground of the mcm show. While not all the people attending will be forum members, they would be fans of the show. I'm certainly hoping that these meets continue being community oriented as opposed to a lot of people looking at cars in their own groups. We'll see how it goes on Sunday
                      Originally posted by ADowbs
                      He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                      sigpic
                      My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Originally posted by villain View Post
                        The thing that seperates us from downshift is the common ground of the mcm show. While not all the people attending will be forum members, they would be fans of the show. I'm certainly hoping that these meets continue being community oriented as opposed to a lot of people looking at cars in their own groups. We'll see how it goes on Sunday
                        well you dont know anymore because it was put on fb, open slather for the world to join and invite others, but your right we'll see how it goes on Sunday

Comment

• Mind you there was only 100-odd people for a good week or so when the event was created and most of those people where invited or attended because it was posted on the forum/etc.
                          When MCM posted it on their page, that's where it blew up so i still think the vast majority of people would like MCM.
                          Either way, should be an interesting day.

Here's hoping it's a good ol' fashioned MCM meet and not a downshift style one.
                          Originally posted by ADowbs
                          He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                          sigpic
                          My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• yea, all we can do now is hope for the best and enjoy the meet

Comment

I'm concerned about what we have achieved, this meet, to me, will only be an mcm by name, it's starting to ressemble a downshift meet where people are coming just to show off there car, I mean I highly doubt there are 265 (at last count) active mcm forum members in Brisbane, the mcm meet I had in mind would be one where you get to know the people arriving at these meets on a regular basis, not just something that's impossibly huge. In short I don't think posting the event on Facebook was the best course of action, I mean the event got exposure but its not longer an mcm forum meet.
                              if you're concerned about it not been a social meet, why don't we start an mcm brisbane social club, only for forum members, where every month or so, we either meet up somewhere or go for a cruise?
                              Originally posted by tekkentool
                              like this post? herpa derpa durr etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by lphilp View Post
                                if you're concerned about it not been a social meet, why don't we start an mcm brisbane social club, only for forum members, where every month or so, we either meet up somewhere or go for a cruise?
                                ^^ This right here , if your going to the brisbane meet let me know and we can discuss this further

Comment

Working...
                                X