Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCM QLD Track Day EOI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCM QLD Track Day EOI

OK, so I'm looking into getting a track day organised. We had a massive turn out on Sunday 14/4 and I want to keep things interesting for the MCM QLD community It won't be till around June/July. There will be a limited number of cars allowed on the track for the day, so when I "officially" post it up, you'll have to get in quick. I'll be having talks with the venue host later this week. I'll also be looking to put on fun activities and stuff for people who just want to come along and watch. It won't just be for people who want to use the track. It will be a full on Mighty Car Mods meet also, in our usual tradition. I'll keep you all posted.

I'll also be putting on another Mini Meet in a few weeks, and we're looking into getting a Gold Coast meet happening soon, so watch out for that one too MAAAAAD!!!

Cheers
    Tooza
    Originally posted by The Euromy
    Ahh...
    That probably explains it, I still want to see some juggling though.
    Originally posted by MadeinJapan
    I'll go you one better, I want to see Tooza juggle Marty and Moog.

Be looking forward to the GC meet, I'll wait for more info on the actual track day before I commit to it or not
    1997 b5 Audi A4 Avant
    1997 w202 Mercedes Benz C180 <-Mummy's car
    ... Cars, Music, Photography, that's the life
    - P Plater

Comment

Originally posted by The Euromy View Post
      Be looking forward to the GC meet, I'll wait for more info on the actual track day before I commit to it or not
      I still have a few details to discuss with the venue for the track day, but I can tell you that it's free entry for spectators
      Ahh...

Comment

I'll certainly be a spectator, don't know if I'll hit the track though (Probably not).
        I'll be following the thread anyway so I'll wait till you give out more details
        1997 b5 Audi A4 Avant
        1997 w202 Mercedes Benz C180 <-Mummy's car
        ... Cars, Music, Photography, that's the life
        - P Plater

Comment

Id be keen for a track day

Sent from my M701C using Tapatalk 2
          sigpichttp://forums.mightycarmods.com/album.php?albumid=317

Comment

What a great suggestion and probably a great event. I wonder where the idea etc came from hehe
            MCM Queensland Facebook Groups:
            Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Brisbane
            Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Sunshine Coast
            Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Gold Coast
            Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - FNQ
            MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

Looking to hire out Norwell Raceway like HardTuned and DownShift?
              I'm heading to the DownShift Trackday Battle on Sunday, so would be good to come back again for an MCM QLD track day

Subscribing to thread.
              TrackDub - 89' AW11 4AGE 20V (83.5RWKW) | SkidDub - 88' AW11 1MZFE V6 | SlushDub - 89' AW11 4AGZE Auto T-Top
              www.midrear.net - My AW11 build/blog/rant/motorsport website

Comment

I would try to come, as long as its not on Sunday if its on Sunday then i cant come.

Comment

once i get done with my current round of assement i'll be heading back out to willowbank. and inviting everyone along again. tooza the prob i see with this is alot of the members on here don't have helmets to go racing with.
                  the build it started as show and quickly turned into GO!

Mitsubishi service and electrical manuals hosted by me for you mitsi nuts

Originally posted by MOOG
                  right next to my Silvia was an old Mitsubishi colt that had somehow managed to dodge the flames and was fine! absolutely perfect. every ugly panel of it. i could almost feel the Mitsubishi badge laughing at me and I've hated them ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by knightrous View Post
                    Looking to hire out Norwell Raceway like HardTuned and DownShift?
                    I'm heading to the DownShift Trackday Battle on Sunday, so would be good to come back again for an MCM QLD track day

Subscribing to thread.
                    We've mostly been looking at Lakeside, or thats what Ive been talking to Tozza about

Originally posted by leadfoot View Post
                    once i get done with my current round of assement i'll be heading back out to willowbank. and inviting everyone along again. tooza the prob i see with this is alot of the members on here don't have helmets to go racing with.
                    Thats a issue yes but some tracks offer the option of hiring gear for the day of use. Speaking of that I need a new helmet soon lol
                    MCM Queensland Facebook Groups:
                    Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Brisbane
                    Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Sunshine Coast
                    Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Gold Coast
                    Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - FNQ
                    MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

Originally posted by leadfoot View Post
                      I hear ya mate, and I agree. I don't have a helmet and won't be putting my car on the track. A few ppl would be in the same boat as us too. I'm sure many will have helmets though. I think many MCM'ers won't just go there to race and would like to attend purely to spectate and to be part of the overall meet in general. I will ask about gear hire when I'm able to speak to the people at Lakeside and get back to you if you're interested.
                      Ahh...

Comment

i have everything needed to participate in non cams events. and a cheap motorcycle helmet is often the only special requirement for most community level motor sport
                        the build it started as show and quickly turned into GO!

Mitsubishi service and electrical manuals hosted by me for you mitsi nuts

Originally posted by MOOG
                        right next to my Silvia was an old Mitsubishi colt that had somehow managed to dodge the flames and was fine! absolutely perfect. every ugly panel of it. i could almost feel the Mitsubishi badge laughing at me and I've hated them ever since.

Comment

I'd been keen as a jelly bean for a track day!

Comment

Im in, sounds great. Also, get keen for an seq cruise within two months
                            Originally posted by tekkentool
                            like this post? herpa derpa durr etc.

Comment

Expressing my interest

Comment

Working...
                              X