Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCM QLD Track Day EOI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWS92
    replied
    Yay! Thanks for going out to arrange this. Cannot wait!!!

Leave a comment:

• Tooza
    replied
    UPDATE ON THE MCM TRACK DAY
    Exciting news folks!!!!
    Last weekend I went to talk with the owner of QR. Was a good meeting and I've heard what they can offer us. I'll be looking at putting on "Lunch and Laps" around the end of June probably at the Ipswich track. The cost should be $40 per car for a 1/2 hour of track time, which includes lunch.

There are a few conditions.
    1. All cars have to be road registered. (NO Track cars)
    2. All cars are required to have seatbelts.
    Basically that's it. You don't need helmets.

Tickets will go on sale soon. There will be a certain amount of tickets allocated to Brisbane, Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast to make things fair for everyone. At this point in time we'll be aiming to have 150-200 tickets available (I'll arrange more if we run out). I'll be putting on a mini-meet for ticket sales within the next few weeks so make sure you don't miss that

It's gonna be a great day. I"ll also be speaking to QMSC (Qld Motorised Sports Council) to have the event sanctioned by them. They also have some great Insurance packages available for motoring enthusiasts that cover you for only $50 per year. Please take the time to have a look at their website.
    http://qmsc.org.au/
    Once I get things finalized for the track day I'll let you all know

Cheers
    Tooza
    Last edited by Tooza; 25-04-2013, 02:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tubs69er
    replied
    also expressing my interest :P

Leave a comment:

• DWS92
    replied
    Expressing my interest

Leave a comment:

• lphilp
    replied
    Im in, sounds great. Also, get keen for an seq cruise within two months

Leave a comment:

• mikey
    replied
    I'd been keen as a jelly bean for a track day!

Leave a comment:

• leadfoot
    replied
    i have everything needed to participate in non cams events. and a cheap motorcycle helmet is often the only special requirement for most community level motor sport

Leave a comment:

• Tooza
    replied
    Originally posted by leadfoot View Post
    once i get done with my current round of assement i'll be heading back out to willowbank. and inviting everyone along again. tooza the prob i see with this is alot of the members on here don't have helmets to go racing with.
    I hear ya mate, and I agree. I don't have a helmet and won't be putting my car on the track. A few ppl would be in the same boat as us too. I'm sure many will have helmets though. I think many MCM'ers won't just go there to race and would like to attend purely to spectate and to be part of the overall meet in general. I will ask about gear hire when I'm able to speak to the people at Lakeside and get back to you if you're interested.

Leave a comment:

• MRTIIDA
    replied
    Originally posted by knightrous View Post
    Looking to hire out Norwell Raceway like HardTuned and DownShift?
    I'm heading to the DownShift Trackday Battle on Sunday, so would be good to come back again for an MCM QLD track day

Subscribing to thread.
    We've mostly been looking at Lakeside, or thats what Ive been talking to Tozza about

Originally posted by leadfoot View Post
    once i get done with my current round of assement i'll be heading back out to willowbank. and inviting everyone along again. tooza the prob i see with this is alot of the members on here don't have helmets to go racing with.
    Thats a issue yes but some tracks offer the option of hiring gear for the day of use. Speaking of that I need a new helmet soon lol

Leave a comment:

• leadfoot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dump
    replied
    I would try to come, as long as its not on Sunday if its on Sunday then i cant come.

Leave a comment:

• knightrous
    replied
    Looking to hire out Norwell Raceway like HardTuned and DownShift?
    I'm heading to the DownShift Trackday Battle on Sunday, so would be good to come back again for an MCM QLD track day

Subscribing to thread.

Leave a comment:

• MRTIIDA
    replied
    What a great suggestion and probably a great event. I wonder where the idea etc came from hehe

Leave a comment:

• impakt
    replied
    Id be keen for a track day

Sent from my M701C using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• The Euromy
    replied
    I'll certainly be a spectator, don't know if I'll hit the track though (Probably not).
    I'll be following the thread anyway so I'll wait till you give out more details

Leave a comment:

Working...
X