Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[VIC] Group Car Work Meets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIC] Group Car Work Meets

Hey guys,

This idea was spawned on the MCM Melbourne Facebook page. This thread is to gauge interest, and be a central point if the idea should go ahead.

The idea is to have regular meets (in single or multiple locations, based on the spread of interested members). Before these meets, those members attending will submit things that need to be done to their car. From these, some will be chosen that can be performed by the attending members to a few of the cars. Any that are not able to be completed on the day, will be carried over as first preferences for the next meet.

This will allow members to bond really well, and will make it far easier and cheaper to complete the mods, given that there will be a greater amount of expertise, hands, and tools working on any given task at once.

Once the work is done, we could do any number of things afterwards; a cruise, a feed, drinks, whatever people would like to do!

Who would be interested in attending such things? Please note - it is expected that you both help, and be helped. Those that only show up to get help with their car and not help anybody else will quickly find themself not welcome. Note: If you do not have the skills to help however, you are more than welcome to attend to learn how to do these things!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ideas so far:

rahul6191 - 2009 Toyota Camry - front brake pads and possibly rotors replaced
    Leprichaun - 1976 Holden One Tonner - All front bushes replaced
    Eden - 2002 Subaru WRX - 3" TBE to install
    alcheMist - Nissan 180SX - turbo swap with all lines changed to braided, also brake lines to braided and a full fluid flush
    Swagger Badger - VW Golf Mk IV - Coilover install
    styleofhabit - 1998 Honda Integra - Bleed brakes and install braided lines
    BEAST260 - 2006 Ford XR8 Ute - replace the exhaust, replace the clutch, fit all new lowered suspension
    Last edited by Leprichaun; 23-05-2013, 08:47 PM.

Yeah for sure, I would be in sounds like a great idea

Comment

Sounds like a good idea.

A track day would be good, if/when stuff breaks there will be plenty of people/tools around to help. Plus you'll get to see a variety of cars getting a good thrashing. People that don't want to drive can work on there cars in the car park.

Where was the place marty took his white RS wagon for a track day and skid pan?

Comment

Sounds like a great idea. Count me in. Im happy to put in help for other peoples cars
        '04 Avalon bone stock with mighty mods sticker

Comment

Anyone needs some stereo work done i am so in. i love that shit.
          sigpic
          SLAYING THE COVENANT SINCE 2001

Check out my ute build here, from bogan BNS ute to mad 4x4

Originally posted by bassdee
          shaking worse than michael j fox on a paint mixer.
          Originally posted by Hound
          Yeah guuize, im in bed with my missus too.. Palmela Handerson and I are having a great time.

Comment

yeah you know i would be there
            Czech out my ride: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...28first-car%29

Originally posted by jmacman12
            me n swagger on sum trains an
            dey goin fast an
            I got a railway themed, Pashmina Afghan
            we kingz of the world, on trains like Te'o
            If you're on the road, then you're sure not me, oh
            Get the f*ck up, this train is real

Comment

If only I lived closer, I'd love to help out with some mods and I need some elec work done that I'm far to scared to do myself
              Originally posted by thatcoolwind
              Only narrow minded people hate on cars because of their brand.
              Originally posted by Cal
              I've driven skylines, 180's, even hachi's with 4AGZE's, not to mention all my corollas, and I have to say the excel was a blast to drive.
              Check out my excellent ride HERE: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ellent+hyundai

It doesn't matter what kind of car you have, If you've put in the work, time, and money you deserve a little respect.

Comment

I'll be up for this. If anyone has anything they need done post it up and we can help.
                Before MCM build thread
                'Pajero 4WD Club' - 1985 NB SWB Carb to EFI conversion

MCM Build Threads
                DrLui's 2001 Toyota Hilux SR5
                1985 NB SWB with a TN Magna EFI conversion (soon MegaSquirt ECU and Turbo)
                1990 Toyota Celica SX Track Car

sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6w3L8w5NyM

Comment

I am in as well to help anyone. For starters I need the front brake pads and possibly rotors replaced in my 2009 Camry. Any volunteers confident in doing this to help??
                  2009 Toyota Camry Grande 2.4L

eDrive Advance Throttle Controller | K&N Panel Filter | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs | 8000K HID Low Beam Conversion | Tinted Windows (35%) |Interior, Parkers & License Plate lights LED Conversion | Plastidip'd (Matt Black) Rims & Toyota Emblems | Illuminated Rear Emblem | Debadged

Comment

Hey all.
                    I've got electrics covered if anyone needs a hand.. I think I know the mod khi industries was talkin about (tachometer dash install in the excel?)
                    And I've got a 3" TBE to install on my 02 wrx. It's been sitting around for ages n wouldn't mind chucking it on. Bit of a job. Doesn't look like I'm gettin around to it anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Eden View Post
                      Hey all.
                      I've got electrics covered if anyone needs a hand.. I think I know the mod khi industries was talkin about (tachometer dash install in the excel?)
                      And I've got a 3" TBE to install on my 02 wrx. It's been sitting around for ages n wouldn't mind chucking it on. Bit of a job. Doesn't look like I'm gettin around to it anytime soon.
                      yeah that's to mod I'm referring to
                      Originally posted by thatcoolwind
                      Only narrow minded people hate on cars because of their brand.
                      Originally posted by Cal
                      I've driven skylines, 180's, even hachi's with 4AGZE's, not to mention all my corollas, and I have to say the excel was a blast to drive.
                      Check out my excellent ride HERE: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ellent+hyundai

It doesn't matter what kind of car you have, If you've put in the work, time, and money you deserve a little respect.

Comment

Are we going to organise this? Any updates?
                        2009 Toyota Camry Grande 2.4L

eDrive Advance Throttle Controller | K&N Panel Filter | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs | 8000K HID Low Beam Conversion | Tinted Windows (35%) |Interior, Parkers & License Plate lights LED Conversion | Plastidip'd (Matt Black) Rims & Toyota Emblems | Illuminated Rear Emblem | Debadged

Comment

Originally posted by rahul6191 View Post
                          Are we going to organise this? Any updates?
                          I'm keen for it to go ahead, as are a few other members. Just need a little more interest I guess. I'll post the link on the Facebook page again. Also, could everybody please perhaps mention it to any VIC MCM friends that may not check the forum or Facebook too often?

Comment

This sounds like a good idea, it'll help with tools as well because I'm sure not everyone has a shop full of tools for every job, I know I sure don't.

Put me down!
                            180sx needing a turbo swap with all lines changed to braided, also brake lines to braided and a full fluid flush after all of this
                            Originally posted by [email protected]
                            How safe is a $15 hooker?

Comment

I've got bodywork covered lol. We could even hold small workshops?

Comment

Working...
                              X