Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally! A dutch meet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally! A dutch meet!

For once, a hopefull "proper" meet in Holland. We dutchies are starting to show up more and more at this forum, and as nobody seems to be pulling the robes, I'll pull it.

The idea that was swerving in my head was to meet up in Thialf - Heerenveen at a Saturday or Sunday morning. After somewhat a hour or 2, a possible cruise sets in on a not-so-random-road through Holland. The route has yet to be picked, but I know a few nice dikes and roads through Friesland and Overijssel. And maybe, if there's animo for it, ending the cruise at a restaurant to finish the cruise with a full stomach.
    As I don't want this meet to happen on the last minute, I was thinking of a Saturday or sunday at the end of July, or beginning August.

Sunday, 11th of August

Okay, I need a little list of people who are definitly coming, and people who do want to join a diner at some restaurant (this so I can see if I can find a nice restaurant and reserve for us.)

Meet + Cruise + Diner:

- Johan (+ 1 passenger)
    - Krischan
    - Zecke
    - AlexanderB
    - NOBIN

Meet + Cruise:

- LeonL (+ friend)
    - Geintje2
    - _Drake_

Total: 9

All in: 6

I'd say, pick a date, post it, and I'll work something out. Let me know if you like the idea of adding a cruise + diner to the meet (- Wich does mean the meet will have to start early on the day)

Don't forget however, .. Get your friends with you aswell! I do not want this meet to be posted on any kind of social media. This to prevent people showing up that are going to mess up the meet.

This will most likely be the route. Quite a few nice narrow corner-y roads.

+- 65km - 1.5hr tops

+- 56km - 1hr and 10 minutes aprox.
    Last edited by Johan; 08-08-2013, 10:26 PM.
    sigpic

I'd love to go there all the way from Denmark, but my driving test isn't until October, so I wont have a ride, and public transport will be too expensive for my pocket atm.
    Still, would be super awesome seeing activity here.

Comment

Any of the days in August are fine with me, since I have to many days of in July due to festivals and stuff, I'll see if i can get some friends to join aswell
      Seat Ibiza 2.0i 16V GTi Cupra

Comment

Heerenveen.. 20 Minute drive, not bad at all.

Depends if I have plans with the gf or wether I'm on vacation or not.

Might drop by with the Impreza. If my brother is available, he'll come with his Mini Cooper
        Muscle and JDM don't go together..?

2004 Impreza WRX daily|2008 Mustang GT/CS trackcar
        Find more info here!

Originally posted by Kay
        Lot of people with quotes. I'll just make a quote of me quoting myself.

Comment

Count me in, it will be a ~450 km drive for me but WORTH IT!
          I'll probably come in my Focus (unless I get a new car since then) and I'll bring along my RX-7 and Supra R/C cars for some drifting. MAAAAD.
          MCM Forum Discord server:
          https://discord.gg/xSy2yKFGPG

Opel Adam S 1.4 Turbo
          Nissan Skyline 25GT-T R34
          Yamaha XV950

(R-I-P) Ford Focus Mk1 TDDI Wagon
          (Sold) Skoda Rapid TDI
          (Sold) Yamaha FZS600 Fazer

Comment

Thats awesome Zecke. I nearly thought you said I'll bring along my RX7. *drools*..

Does someone disagree on the part to have a little cruise + diner at the end of the day?
            sigpic

Comment

Count me in just a hour drive. And Johan if you want some help with planning i'm pretty familiar with the roads in friesland and Groningen.
              May ask some guys from the fiat club. Any date is good except 30th june (viva italia zandvoort).

maybe we can even ask mMarty or Moog.
              Last edited by LeonL; 08-06-2013, 05:02 AM.

Comment

i dont know if i can come, thialf inst far for me but i got to have my bug running again.
                looking for some options like, rebuild the standart 1300cc, get a stock 1600cc, or 1641/1976cc with dual carbs. 2liter porsche
                latest time will be best so i have the most time to make it
                im more than happy to help you with questions about nearly all volkswagens
                So what do you want to do, lift it up and throw it in the ditch?
                Cars:
                HI THERE!! : )
                1973 VW beetle 1300 under a cover collecting dust
                1999 VW new beetle 2.0, so its basically a MK4 gti

Comment

Originally posted by LeonL View Post
                  Count me in just a hour drive. And Johan if you want some help with planning i'm pretty familiar with the roads in friesland and Groningen.
                  May ask some guys from the fiat club. Any date is good except 30th june (viva italia zandvoort).

maybe we can even ask mMarty or Moog.

Ahh cool, some nice driving roads would be much appreciated I think. I don't think it would be worth it to try to get M&M here though, for now it looks like it won't be a very big meet.

Lets set the date (erh..) on the August 11th?
                  sigpic

Comment

August 11th is good for me. I'll be there.

Comment

Yep, August 11th it is. I'll just take the following monday off work so I can drive home stressless.
                      MCM Forum Discord server:
                      https://discord.gg/xSy2yKFGPG

Opel Adam S 1.4 Turbo
                      Nissan Skyline 25GT-T R34
                      Yamaha XV950

(R-I-P) Ford Focus Mk1 TDDI Wagon
                      (Sold) Skoda Rapid TDI
                      (Sold) Yamaha FZS600 Fazer

Comment

OP updated. Please post below if you are definitly coming, and if you are joining the cruise and diner.

I am still pinpointing a nice route through Friesland and I've arived in Drente at the moment (50km backroads to the Hunebedden, wich is probably a point to have a little coffee/snack break, there's a nice parking place there, it is also the place for the dutch army to practice, so we might have to watch out for the minefields.. If there's nice weather, maybe some sandy semi-offroad roads will be added.)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Palm_ View Post
                          I'd love to go there all the way from Denmark, but my driving test isn't until October, so I wont have a ride, and public transport will be too expensive for my pocket atm.
                          Still, would be super awesome seeing activity here.
                          You can get a lift by me if you wish palm.

Comment

Are you serious, GraveStuff?!
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, why not?
                              He'll have to treat me dinner though*

Comment

Working...
                              X