Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should mcm hold a car show???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should mcm hold a car show???

Seeing that autosalon and other car shows are starting to disappear....maybe MCM should hold a small car show like some of the other forums....i know that toymods have toyfest every year at reading cinema and in other states they hold skyline nationals every year.....maybe we could set a small car show like at reading every year....just a thought......
    YES
    86.67%
    NO
    13.33%
    Last edited by sleek3; 12-07-2011, 02:32 PM.
    1997 Nissan Stagea RS-FOUR Dayz - weekend fun car

VE series 2 commodore omega - daily

Well we have MCM meets every now and then. Theres one coming up this weekend I think.

These meets are good for now IMO
    My Lancer will one day become an Evo.

Comment

A nice thought, but it will take a lot more than just organising one and expecting owners to bring their rides all shiny.
      For a car show to be organised, you'll have to do entries based on invitations or something like that.

Comment

yes i agree the meet ups are good...every other forum does the same...i mean as in a car show so that you can display your pride and joy and have people look at them....just an idea....it could get other forums involved aswell and have a nice set of cars to display....

Comment

Originally posted by manyu View Post
          A nice thought, but it will take a lot more than just organising one and expecting owners to bring their rides all shiny.
          For a car show to be organised, you'll have to do entries based on invitations or something like that.
          this is very true it would take some time to organise i mean i know it would take like 6 months but that is plenty of time to get the word out and post on other forums to come along and see and join the car show aswell.....i know a few other forums do car shows and they take to the place i.e. reading cinemas ect ect... about cost and everything and usually entry fee for every car is about 10-20 dollars to cover the cost of rental space and tropies....

Comment

Also, not many of us here (or if any at all) drive any 'show' cars.

I mean my CE Lancer is definitely a weapon, but I wouldnt wanna show it off
            My Lancer will one day become an Evo.

Comment

I think MCM meets suffice in this department.
              2010 Volkswagen Golf GTD.

"Fast, cheap, reliable; you may only choose two."

Comment

As most of guys know, I'm not from Oz so forgive me if I state any false information:

I recall seeing a video of a car show, it was either run by just car insurance or they were sponsoring it heavily. Seeing as MCM is affiliated with Just Car, I suppose they could host portions of a car show like the one Just Car had and/or team up with them and organize a car show to replace the old Auto Salon.

Basically with Auto Salon gone, I think there would be quite a vast market for potential entries in any car show across oz. The only problem is organizing it!

Just car is an insurance company and not an "event" planing company and Marty and MOOG have 9-5's already. Also, half the guys who did autosalon have moved on so it's hard to get them to help organize it. Not to mention Just car and MCM probably don't have very many contacts as to who to get calling to invite!

I'm all for a MCM "auto salon" type thing but there aren't enough resources, budget or man power to do it!

An alternative option would be in a few years, when MCM is very famous. The COTM winners could have a fenced in area at an MCM meet with a mini stage where Marty and MOOG could host a mini showcase of the cars/just be funny MC's, play music and interact with the crowd!

Thats my mini suggestion!

Oh maybe this should go into suggestions, cause I do like the idea
                sigpic
                My 2008.5 Mazda Axela GT
                Click here for the MCM Shop
                Have you seen the MCM WIKI page? If not, click here!
                "Limit's, like fears are often an illusion"
                -Michael Jordan

Comment

a full out car show might be a bit hard but im gonna assume that everyone brings their rides to the meets and shows them off a bit if you guys dont then start haha if there was a bridge to aus from america id be at the meets haha

Comment

im NOT talking about anything of the size or scale of autosalon....i remember when i went to toyfest years and years ago and had my supra entered there was only like 25 cars entrered...and they used the small out door car park....and now look at toyfest they take up the whole underground carpark.....im saying a small show around 20-30 cars.....nothing in large scale....plus there are other forums aswell that would more than likely attend and join aswell to show off their cars.....so getting people wouldnt be too much of a worry just organising it would be...

Comment

To the op, what you refer to is something like a "show n shine" meet for members. It's basically a meet imo, as most people bring their cars to show anyways at normal meet ups. The term car show refers to me as something like the scale of autosalon...
                      sigpic
                      My 2008.5 Mazda Axela GT
                      Click here for the MCM Shop
                      Have you seen the MCM WIKI page? If not, click here!
                      "Limit's, like fears are often an illusion"
                      -Michael Jordan

Comment

well yea like a "show and shine" type of thing.....sorry i didnt know the term....i was trying to think of it earlier but i couldnt...but your on the spot

Comment

Look we do need something and maybe during the meets this weekend in NSW and VIC we can discuss it.

Certainly if someone else project managed it, we'd be happy to front it and promote it etc.
                          MCM MAGAZINE ISSUE 5 OUT NOW. Have you got a copy yet? Mighty Car Mods Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by MOOG View Post
                            Look we do need something and maybe during the meets this weekend in NSW and VIC we can discuss it.

Certainly if someone else project managed it, we'd be happy to front it and promote it etc.
                            that would be awesome moog, i wouldnt mind helping out on getting out there even with getting prices on venues, costs, and see how much entry fee would be for members and non members entering their cars...ect ect....mind the fact i dont want to handle any funds which i would let you or marty handle that side...but i would like to help out the best i can and help manage it....even though i dont have a show style car but by that time of the first if ever show and shine i would have a nice looking car to present...

Comment

Originally posted by MOOG View Post

i have an idea. just my 2 cents, but what if you turn the meets into a car show of some sort.

so for example,

at the vic meet, you get who ever wants to enter, and what not to show up. you get who ever comes to vote, and you tally the votes. then you get a moderator to count the votes, and say who is winner. then the winner from each state (and then possibly country) go onto the forums for people to vote, until you have one major winner. and you can do this once or twice a year...let people have something to modify for, if you catch my drift.

so have categories aswell, ie:

best sound system

best euro

best jap

so on

(just some examples off the top of my head)
                              Parallel lines have got so much in common. It's a shame they'll never meet.

IF IT'S TOO LOUD, YOU'RE TOO OLD

My N16

'how-to' de-badge your car

Comment

Working...
                              X