Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should mcm hold a car show???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

id defs be in for this, my supra isnt exactly show spec but its got some pretty interesting shit under the bonnet, hell i could probs round up some others that would be interested in showing off their cars
    Current na-t supra making 350 ish, 8.7 second 1/8th mile
    500hp na-t build in the works

TURBO HIPSTER- was turbocharging N/A cars before it was cool

Comment

Originally posted by sleek3 View Post
      that would be awesome moog, i wouldnt mind helping out on getting out there even with getting prices on venues, costs, and see how much entry fee would be for members and non members entering their cars...ect ect....mind the fact i dont want to handle any funds which i would let you or marty handle that side...but i would like to help out the best i can and help manage it....even though i dont have a show style car but by that time of the first if ever show and shine i would have a nice looking car to present...
      I would say that it would be similar to a "MCM meet" but just nominate a couple headline cars?

They could be just MCM members or maybe invite others?

Just my thoughts and BiH-PULSAR has good idea with the categories and friendly rivalry
      MY07 Subaru Liberty GT - currently stock
      Prev - WH Statesman stock, but loved it -- VL Calais turbo etc etc mods (just too old for me when I needed it daily)

Comment

see that is all good for the meets...but im talking about a more medium scale...not just for members....if you have a small show n shine or car show like this it will be able to bring out our sponsors for the website aswell... it would bring more cars and people over from other forums aswell and gives a chance for other people aswell as us to pretty up our cars for that one day a year that it will be put on show for everyone to see....doing this aswell will promote MCM, Other forums, and most importantly OUR SPONSORS....they will be able to have a stands ect ect.....

people who have been to toyotafest like marty and moog and other people on this forum will know what i mean...... when toymods started doing this at first they struggled just to fill the small carpark outside reading cinema (which i know because i had a ma70 in toyotafest for 2 years back it first was starting off) but now years later they can barely fit in the underground car park.....and they have all their sponsors their aswell....they hand out trophies to like best in show, best toyota, rarest toyota, wtf award ect ect......

like i said its just an idea...and it will get sponsors more involved and see what we do as a forum....and it draws quite a crowd aswell....

sorry that this comment i had here was worded wrong.....i meant any funds that are raised would go to the website and future projects for mcm
        Last edited by sleek3; 12-07-2011, 09:16 PM.
        1997 Nissan Stagea RS-FOUR Dayz - weekend fun car

VE series 2 commodore omega - daily

Comment

see that is all good for the meets...but im talking about a more medium scale...not just for members....if you have a small show n shine or car show like this it will be able to bring out our sponsors for the website aswell... it would bring more cars and people over from other forums aswell and gives a chance for other people aswell as us to pretty up our cars for that one day a year that it will be put on show for everyone to see....doing this aswell will promote MCM, Other forums, and most importantly OUR SPONSORS....they will be able to have a stands ect ect.....

people who have been to toyotafest like marty and moog and other people on this forum will know what i mean...... when toymods started doing this at first they struggled just to fill the small carpark outside reading cinema (which i know because i had a ma70 in toyotafest for 2 years back it first was starting off) but now years later they can barely fit in the underground car park.....and they have all their sponsors their aswell....they hand out trophies to like best in show, best toyota, rarest toyota, wtf award ect ect......

like i said its just an idea...and it will get sponsors more involved and see what we do as a forum....and it draws quite a crowd aswell....

also this also could be a chance to raise profit and donations for the site and further projects for the mcm show...like i know with any car show or show n shine that you pay for entry even if it is small like most of them $15-$20 per car once the venue is paid the profits go to the company or organization that is controlling the show....**
          if you have a "sound off" type thing, i can definatley get a few photographers, and people to compete. the "performance car audio" people love to show off, so if they are told to represent Brett's (the owner of PCA) work, they would be more than happy to rock up. thats a start, from there, the more people come the merrier, and eventually we can set up stands and what not.

you gotta learn how to walk before you can run, so if your gonna have comps (for trophies), then have people pay. what i mean is, only if you compete are you to pay (pay for db readers, music, trophies, what not) if your just a by stander, then i dont see the point of paying. whenever there is a car show and i have to pay $20 to watch others have fun, i never go....get what i mean?

also if you really want to get some people paying, do something for charity. make it $20 a car to enter, and $10 goes to charity, even if you are an observer.
          Parallel lines have got so much in common. It's a shame they'll never meet.

IF IT'S TOO LOUD, YOU'RE TOO OLD

My N16

'how-to' de-badge your car

Comment

its not about comps for trophies...its more about trophies for the cars themselves...and it would no entry fee for spectators...catch my drift...the entry fee for the show would be for competitors only just to cover the cost of rental space and trophies...and merchandise....most of the show and shines i go to have no entry fee... as most i go are held in public car parks that the forum or site rent for the day.....

most show and shines i go to dont have sound offs or dyno drags...i mean it would be a good idea to have a db drag which would bring alot of sound guys in.....but there are 100's of enthusiast just waiting for any show n shine to come their way especially if its only a cheap entry fee just to show off their pride and joy....also like i said before we would be able to get every other forum involved aswell to join the show n shine....their are heaps and heaps of forums out there like pulsar forums,skylines australia, toymods, supra forums, SRC, maximasdownunder, mirage lancer....ect ect ect....list goes on and on...so i think getting people to come wouldnt be that hard if they had a 4-6 month notice....
            Last edited by sleek3; 12-07-2011, 09:24 PM.

Comment

its not about comps for trophies...its more about trophies for the cars themselves...and it would no entry fee for spectators...catch my drift...the entry fee for the show would be for competitors only just to cover the cost of rental space and trophies...and merchandise....most of the show and shines i go to have no entry fee... as most i go are held in public car parks that the forum or site rent for the day.....
              what do you mean by "its not about comps for trophies...its more about trophies for the cars themselves" i dont get it :/

as for the rest, sorry for the misunderstanding, i get you now, and i agree lol
              Parallel lines have got so much in common. It's a shame they'll never meet.

IF IT'S TOO LOUD, YOU'RE TOO OLD

My N16

'how-to' de-badge your car

Comment

just have a look at this...this is what i mean http://www.toyotafest.org.au/

Comment

have a look at their different trophy classes and that...good info from them at toymods and the people who organise the show

here are toyotafest trophy class the MCM obviously would be different because of the different cars and we could even have lower end class trophy class aswell like best ghetto design ect ect

Trophy Classes
                  • Best Original Classic – Best / most original vehicle pre 1980
                  • Best Modern Original – Best / most original model vehilcle availble between 1981-2000
                  • Best Commercial – Best over all mini truck, ute, van, etc…
                  • Retro Tech – Best modified classic with a modern flavour
                  • Best Engineered – car best engineered for it’s purpose
                  • Top Late Model – Best late model vehicle post 2000
                  • WTF! That’s not meant to be..? – Most adventurous mechanical modification
                  • I’d Drive It! – A good combination of style & mods as an everyday car
                  • Street Sleeper – Most deceptively high performance car
                  • Top Engine Bay – Best presented engine bay
                  • Best Paint & Panel – Best finish and workmanship
                  • Best Interior – Best finish and workmanship
                  • Top Coupe – Highest overall scoring coupe
                  • Top Hatch – Highest overall scoring hatch
                  • Entrants Choice – Best overall chosen by other entrants
                  • Best of Show – Highest overall scoring vehicle
                  Last edited by sleek3; 12-07-2011, 09:34 PM.

Comment

also have a look at showcar sunday aswell....

Comment

Working...
                    X