Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any intrest in an Upstate NY and parts of Canada meet up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any intrest in an Upstate NY and parts of Canada meet up?

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in possibly having a meet up as well as a scenic drive?

Possibly up I-87 (or down I-87 for the Canadians). I-87 and Lake Champlain are quite scenic (at least parts of it are) and I-87 goes right up to Canada. If the Americans meet up and drive up I-87 and the Canadians meet up and drive down I-87 we could meet in the middle and take the ferry over Lake Champlain and drive up to Burlington, which has more Subarus then any other city I have ever seen. Any interest in this from the Upstate NY people or Candians? (To be honest I did not keep track of where all the Canadians live so this might not actually work.)

If this location does not work out suggestions of others is welcome.

EDIT: Jmac has made a discussion here:
    Originally posted by jmacman12 View Post
    Guys, please respond in thread here

http://forums.mightycarmods.com/grou...=24&do=discuss
    Last edited by FortKid; 07-08-2011, 11:00 PM.
    Originally posted by MOOG
    Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
    Originally posted by Jenga
    You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

If its next year (spring, summer, fall. w.e) I'll definatly go. I'll get my buddy (Mr.50Vert on the forum) to tag along too. He has a Passat CC now but is planning on getting a DC5 Type-S.
    sigpic

Comment

This is where the North American group/thread comes in handy

I have a long time off at christmas vacation and I plan to do a lot of traveling and this would likely be on my list depending on how much interest we get!

Although you beat me to the announcement as I was waiting for more NA guys to join the group before having an EOI!
      sigpic
      My 2008.5 Mazda Axela GT
      Click here for the MCM Shop
      Have you seen the MCM WIKI page? If not, click here!
      "Limit's, like fears are often an illusion"
      -Michael Jordan

Comment

This is where the North American group/thread comes in handy

I have a long time off at christmas vacation and I plan to do a lot of traveling and this would likely be on my list depending on how much interest we get!

Although you beat me to the announcement as I was waiting for more NA guys to join the group before having an EOI!
        lol you have to remember not everyone has maaaaad Canadian winter driving skills. A trip through the mountains in upstate NY in winter might be a bit much. Also I didn't know if everyone in North America actually joined the group.
        You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

Winter driving...pfffft we only have one type of forcast: snowy with a chance of snow

Nah but all eastern seabord guys should be fine anyways since they are used to it!

Pm me with deets/ideas and I'll see if it's something similar that I have thought of!
          sigpic
          My 2008.5 Mazda Axela GT
          -Michael Jordan

Comment

Winter driving...pfffft we only have one type of forcast: snowy with a chance of snow

Nah but all eastern seabord guys should be fine anyways since they are used to it!

Pm me with deets/ideas and I'll see if it's something similar that I have thought of!
            I don't have anything specific to speak of, just seeing if there was enough interest from people in the region.

Comment

I'm not going anywhere in winter , jk, but that just seems like a strange time for a meet. I remember there are some epic roads in the Adirondack's. Might be fun to hit a few.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm down with a meet somewhere! But it's a big country so it better not be too far haha!
                -winnipeg mb

Comment

I think we should go here. The roads are freaking epic. But I've never been there and idk if we could just stop somewhere and chill (maybe a McDonalds or something)

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Ok idk why google maps wont link. But just google loon lake, ny and zoom out
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by therin View Post
                    I'm down with a meet somewhere! But it's a big country so it better not be too far haha!
                    -winnipeg mb
                    lol maybe I should have been more specific than "parts of Canada" XD

Comment

EOI for a North American MCM event goes HERE

Guys, please respond in thread here

http://forums.mightycarmods.com/grou...=24&do=discuss
                      sigpic
                      My 2008.5 Mazda Axela GT
                      -Michael Jordan

Comment

I apologize if I did not use the proper means for expressing interest in a meet up

Comment

FortKid - Yup! haha. I know winnipeg is so damn far from EVERYTHING!!! it kinda sucks!

Comment

Nono Fortkid you got the idea floating around, which is great and i made it official for the North American crew
                            sigpic
                            My 2008.5 Mazda Axela GT
                            -Michael Jordan

Comment

I'll post the idea here too, how about a little cars and coffee meet near Albany?

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2011...7-11-pt-2.aspx

That ones in Cali. But still, its a great place for all enthusiasts to gather!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X