Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another MCM meet????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another MCM meet????

Hey guys,

Firstly just like to say it was great meeting you guys at the last homebush meet!!! as well as some other MCM fans..everyone seems to be down to earth and quite passionate about the one thing that unites us all... CARS!!

anyways, i have had a few people, both who were there at the last meet and from people that werent able to attend when the next meet will be??? So just wondering if you guys are open to having a nother meet in the next month or so, which i would be more then happy to organise if you guys are keen so we can have a MAAADDD meet!

Look forward to hearing from you guys!!!!

Cheers,

Peter

ima keen bean.

Comment

Hells yer. I'm in. Missed last one due to being overseas so will definitely be at this one.
      If it's got to be done.... It's got to be jdm

Comment

I'm keen. I actually sold my Skyline the day the last meet was on
        1993 MX-5 - 2.5L V6 swap in progress

http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ew-s-1993-MX-5

Comment

Just dont do it in sept cause im in japan.

Comment

Since most people lead quite busy lives, something that has been mentioned on other threads that a high frequency of meets just ruins the novelty of the idea as well as makes all those who couldn't attend full of regret.

As the cliche saying goes:
            Originally posted by A Hipster
            Go big or go home
            And in this case I think that the meets should be a highly anticipated moment with many MCM members that is only held once or twice a year!

I nominate someone(no one in particular as long as its not Rake) to be in charge of such activities for MCM since a large event would require lots of planning and maybe even booking of sponsors/places.

My 2c on the situation
            sigpic
            My 2008.5 Mazda Axela GT
            Click here for the MCM Shop
            Have you seen the MCM WIKI page? If not, click here!
            "Limit's, like fears are often an illusion"
            -Michael Jordan

Comment

jmac, i see your point and acknowledge it. Like a big annual meet or something.
              But i think small casual meet are great too. Theres so much win with a small group meeting up, getting a bite somewhere and just talkin crap about their passion.

Comment

Create a group, ask people if they would like to join if they would like to meet up frequently and hang out then add the logistics/details behind the "get togethers." Maybe MCM lovers in specific areas will follow your idea and then the next thing you know: MCM clans anyone?
                sigpic
                My 2008.5 Mazda Axela GT
                Click here for the MCM Shop
                Have you seen the MCM WIKI page? If not, click here!
                "Limit's, like fears are often an illusion"
                -Michael Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by jmacman12 View Post
                  Since most people lead quite busy lives, something that has been mentioned on other threads that a high frequency of meets just ruins the novelty of the idea as well as makes all those who couldn't attend full of regret.

As the cliche saying goes:

And in this case I think that the meets should be a highly anticipated moment with many MCM members that is only held once or twice a year!

I nominate someone(no one in particular as long as its not Rake) to be in charge of such activities for MCM since a large event would require lots of planning and maybe even booking of sponsors/places.

My 2c on the situation
                  i see what your saying and what you say is very valid especially if meets are held on a frequency that does become a bit too frequent..but i feel if a large number of people are keen for another meet then i think we should be providing them with them. Just to put it into perspective the JDM style tuning has a meet at the end of every month. Not all of them are big, but i think it gives people a chance to meet up and put faces to usernames as well as encouraging a community based environment as well as allowing users to have a look at others peoples rides. Not saying we should do a meet once a month but maybe quarterly. In the end this is just my opinion and it is open to what others feel, as they say all feedback is good feedback!

in relation to organising a big meet, if noone else wants to do it im more then happy to organise a large MCM meet if they are happy for that to be done......

Comment

Can we just get a Meet/Cruise section so we do see a new thread like this everyday?

+1 for another Sydney meet though.
                    Spelling mistakes are most likely due to me typing on an iPad.
                    MR CELICAS TOY!
                    MrCelicas Family rides!
                    Originally posted by Rake
                    MrCelica is all class. Listen to him.

Comment

Im in!!!! For sure!! Ill repersent the honda's... LOL
                      Mighty Jdm Dc2R, 128.8kw Atw @ 1065kg - Running 13.875 @ 100.26 mph
                      Youtube JDMTEGR
                      http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...JDM-Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by MrCelica View Post
                        Can we just get a Meet/Cruise section so we do see a new thread like this everyday?

+1 for another Sydney meet though.
                        yeah sorry i looked for a events thread in the main menu and there isnt one :S
                        so sorry for adding another new thread

Comment

I dont think there is one 13BWAT, but the meets do start getting a bit pointless once you start having them too often. But we haven't reached that point yet! I think 1 big meet and a few small meets a year is perfectly ok if people will attend.

I say go for it (even if it wasn't a question )

+1 on the meet section
                          sigpic

Comment

i love small meets. more personal. you can have great chats and more laughs imo. pete lets into the sydney siders to battle gear. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Heco94 View Post
                              I dont think there is one 13BWAT, but the meets do start getting a bit pointless once you start having them too often. But we haven't reached that point yet! I think 1 big meet and a few small meets a year is perfectly ok if people will attend.

I say go for it (even if it wasn't a question )

+1 on the meet section
                              yeah like i dont want them like frequently to the point where they get boring, but perhaps as you said 1 big one every year and maybe 1 or 2 small meets throughout the year!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X