Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1994 Japspec Pulsar SSS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Japspec Pulsar SSS

Good to see the new forum up!

Here we are again!:

1994 Nissan Pulsar SSS Japspec (CBU)

Colour: Gunmetal Grey with Silver Flake

Mods:
    GTIR frontbar with Foggies
    17' Advanti Rims
    Lowered on King Super Lows
    Hurricane extractors to 2'.25'' pipe with 4' Tip
    Clear Side Indicators
    Blackspec Headlights & Corner indicators
    Blue LED Dash
    Red Rocker Cover

Soundsystem:
    Cadence DVD headunit
    Cadence 6.5' Splits upfront
    Boston Audio 6.5' Splits in the rear
    Pioneer 12' Sub powered by Cadence 2Channel Amp

Mods to come!:

Change soundsystem so speakers are running off current amp and change the sub to twin 12'subs powered through a monoblock
    Paint Calipers bright green!
    CAI & Pod Filter

All my photos are thumbnails to bigger pics, so click for a closer look!!!

Car without foggies or new lights:

17's:

Engine Bay:

Foggies:

Blue Dash:

New Lights:

So this is a shortened version of the progression of my old one from the other site, will keep updating it!

Cheers,
    Buster
    My 1994 Pulsar on MightyCarMods Forum

My 1994 Gunmetal Silver N14 SSS Intro and Build on PGA

sigpic

Oh and for anyone from the old forum!
    Pod Enclosure HAS arrived but no money to get the actual Pod Filter yet!!! Sooo.... Very soon!

sigpic

Comment

hey man how'd u do the blue dash, id love to do sumthin like that ay

Comment

http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ED-Dash-Lights

your wish is my command

Comment

Small update, possibly one of the smallest out....

Tyre valve caps... lol got some fake Nismo ones from Ebay for $7

looks good! lol

Have to order Pod soon, when i get the money!

sigpic

Comment

FINALLY got my pod!
            Installed it all today, abit of a pain coz i bought an adaptor for 'nissan' and it was the wrong size went back to supercheap and found the right one, suited to 'specific nissans' stupid supercheap auto brands!

But got it all home and installed it, very easy and quick!
            Heres some pics

Its the 3A racing Pod that was used in the Autosalon Pod-off conducted a few years back which proved it to be just as good as the K&N with less hassle because its not an oil based, and its half the price!

Sounds awesome aswell!
            Will get the CAI done as soon as i get around to it!
            Last edited by BMSSS; 18-03-2010, 06:00 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BMSSS View Post
              FINALLY got my pod!
              Installed it all today, abit of a pain coz i bought an adaptor for 'nissan' and it was the wrong size went back to supercheap and found the right one, suited to 'specific nissans' stupid supercheap auto brands!

But got it all home and installed it, very easy and quick!
              Heres some pics

Its the 3A racing Pod that was used in the Autosalon Pod-off conducted a few years back which proved it to be just as good as the K&N with less hassle because its not an oil based, and its half the price!

Sounds awesome aswell!
              Will get the CAI done as soon as i get around to it!
              lets hope MCM dont prove the pod filter lowers power heh

What sort of plastic is that casing made of? cant say iv seen anything like that before. I'v had ideas of getting a pod and surrounding it with walls of some-sort of heatshield, creating it as airtight as possible when the hood is down =x

Comment

Haha, i doubt they would LOWER power, i think its just harder to have them in the right heatsheilding that causes them to be less effective as a panel in a stock airbox.
                I know mines probably not the best enclosure, but it does the job!
                Yea its a 'show style' enclosure, so the top is clear it's just a basic thick perspex i'm pretty sure. A member on the pulsar forum made plenty of them a year or so back and i bought this off someone who bought it off him.

It doesnt get very hot which is good, but still a tad warm, once i get the CAI it should reduce the heat by a fair amount.

sigpic

Comment

Nice work mate im keen to buy a '92 SSS pulsar its got a few problems but is a good price and would be fun to mod!

Comment

If you dont mind me asking how much/do you have a link to it? Theres some fakes out there that you have to be careful off, yea they're the best to mod!

sigpic

Comment

Sent you a link, i glanced over the add yesterday.. Read in full today doesn't seem great..

Comment

Took a quick look, would be easier to tell if they had pictures if it was good or not!

sigpic

Comment

what does a pod filter do? and arent they illegal?
                          Cars
                          Tunes
                          Cartoons
                          Tuning Cars

Comment

A pod filter, replaces your stock air intake.
                            Stock air intakes are usually panel filters in an enclosed box and will usually have restrictive piping, now many people argue that just replacing the restrictive piping with a better CAI and replacing the paper panel filter with an after market like K&N will do better than a POD.
                            But this is sometimes, and this is where the Illegal and Non-Illegal parts come in, a Pod is Illegal if it is not enclosed as it has the potential to suck in dangerous hot air from within the engine bay as many people remove any kind of intake piping when installing the pod (no idea why) now this is not only dangerous, it also lowers your cars performance, you see sooooo many ricers with open pod filters just restricting their car. This is why i was never going to get one, till i got a bargain enclosure and bargain Pod.

If the pod is PROPERLY enclosed (And yes mine is not PROPERLY enclosed but it does do the job, it doesn't get hot, sometimes a bit warm but only coz im still using the stock intake, putting a CAI on when i get the time) the pod can improve flow and give better performance results.

But many still argue that this is bulls**t and its hard to prove because in all reality it varies from car to car, and whether you keep the pod in the factory position open, factory position and crappily enclosed, factory position and brilliantly enclosed, moved behind the bumper or fender and if you have CAI or not.

Its all dependent and the only way to ever work out which is better is to conduct test on every different car ever made, in all varieties on setups in every car and keep an archive for people to look in.

Thats what it does, and why its NOT illegal

sigpic

Comment

so pod filters and cai are sorta like front mounts. they bring in cold air for better combustion?
                              and i dont fully get the enclosure thing. so you mean fully enclosed or enclosed with an inlet away from any "harmfull parts"
                              and away from any heat radiaiting objects?
                              Cars
                              Tunes
                              Cartoons
                              Tuning Cars

Comment

Working...
                              X