Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my 2004 dodge neon......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 2004 dodge neon......

so its still just a neon right? isnt that what most people say about them?

2.4l 4cyl turbo
    full street weight all the time, i dont remove seats or my system or any other garbage when i run my car at the drag strip, i run what i brung always. maybe a set of drag radials now and then but thats the most i'll go.

basic bolt-ons:

60mm throttle body
    full 3" exhaust (custom made) w/ 3" high flow catalytic converter
    full 3" cold air intake (yes with a cone filter)
    8mm granatelli spark plug wires (lowest ohm loss from the coil to plugs as far as i've seen)
    huge front mount intercooler
    AEM tru boost gauge style electronic boost controller
    AEM UEGO air/fuel gauge
    mopar stage 1 pcm

with just those mods my car made 264 horse power 341tq on a dyno jet and went [email protected] in the 1/4

newly installed mods:

888cc fuel injectors (58lbs)
    walboro 255lph fuel pump
    borg warner S200sx-RS-56 turbo
    AGP t3/t4 turbo manifold
    AGP-38mm external wastegate with a 9psi spring
    AGP intercooler pipes
    HKS SSQV-v4 blow off
    clutchmasters stage 4-6puck clutch/flywheel
    SCT-pcm reflash
    ngk irridium plugs gaped at .032

other mods:

Solid Motor+tranny mounts for that extra traction(less wheel hop)
    lowered by 1.6inch front 1.8 rear (so it sits flat and not having its rear in the air)
    motegi mr7 white rims painted black 17"
    mopar 3d tail lights slightly modified so they are all black instead of having this stupid silver ring around the break light portion.
    20% rear tint/50% front tint on the windows
    kenwood 1000watt amp
    2farrad capacitor
    audio bahn single 12" 2400watt sub
    full pioneer speakers 6.5" fronts, 6x9 rears, 4.5" in the dash
    borrowed a jvc head unit, my kenwood sadly broke after a strong 8 year run

mods still to come:
    2.0L CAMs out of anything with a 420A engine, more then likely a stock 95'-98 neon or eclipse non turbo
    remove my balance shaft assembly
    new e-bay 3" exhaust (yes ebay who can argue with 238usd shipped for a full turbo back exhaust? specially when people said they saw gains and they sound decent?)

currently i am still only running 12psi even though on the stock turbo i was at 18.7psi, i dont have the new clutch in yet, and its still running VERY rich (14.2-15.3 at idle) so to avoid killing it before i have a go at it i'm no boosting much, it pulls harder on 12psi then my stock turbo pulled at18 though so that a bonus.

on this set-up i should be able to run 20psi and, though its an estimate, be putting around 420-430 horse power to the ground, after 22psi the reflash pulls timing expecting race gas and here in the states race gas runs around 12-15usd a gallon depending on what you get. so thats probably not gonna happen.

currently about 3 years ago someone backed into my rear driver side door and put a nice dent in it, insurance wouldnt cover it so i gave up completely on trying to keep the car looking like new, black is the worst color and never again will i own a black car, so it looks like crap but its fast, i just cant bring my go to a show fight

so for those who dont know the bottom end on these cars were built to survive a nuclear blast and keep going, however the top end is the same you'd find in your daily driven car, however they are exceptionally strong and regularly run 25psi on a completely stock engine's internals. so with a new set of pistons and rods this car can easily handle 25-30psi and not break a sweat, as long as you other mods support it.

eventually i will post pics but as i said it looks like garbage due to lack of exterior maintenance due to me giving up after the door incident, but pics will come non the less.

**EDIT** because i always forget something ive done to my car lol

**EDIT2** today 4/20/12 i bought some dodge caliber srt4 3bar maps, so i have a 3bar map and tip sensor, yes they are exactly the same sensor just when bought as a neon srt sensor they go for 80$USD and the calibers came with them factory so they cost 25$usd its just a matter of getting a file and shaving off a little bit here and there to get them to work.

so now it runs alot better, i can now go WoT and its holding right at 11.0 and thats at 11psi so i will need to reflash my pcm to make up for when i hit 20psi but until then its fine and runs much better

Last edited by Kerst; 22-04-2012, 05:11 PM. Reason: add pics + more mods i forgot
    2004 dodge SRT-4
    3" turbo back w/ 3" high flow cat, CCA big FMIC, 255lph fuel pump, 888cc Siemens fuel injectors, 3" agp CAI, agp 38mm external wastegate, HKS SSQV v.4 BoV, AGP upper and lower intercooler pipes, AEM UEGO wideband and tru boost gauges, AGP/Borg Warner S200sx-rs56 turbo kit, 20PSI boost , 60mm throttle body, SCT pcm reflash,

http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...dge-neon......

Damn, nice work! Sounds pretty beastly lol

Comment

Oh Gawd that clutch must be jerky. DD?

Comment

it is infact my DD, was reading up on it from the company i bought it from, they say it can be sliped and its not instant grab, i hope it works out that way, if not its gonna be a tough relearn on how to launch at the track. but its not instaled just yet, thats why i am still only on 12psi of boost i dont want to kill the stock clutch, its got 84,000miles on it so i wont be upping the boost until the clutch goes in, once i get the tune a little better off i might go up to 15psi but i dont know how big of a difference it will be between 12-15 lol
        2004 dodge SRT-4
        3" turbo back w/ 3" high flow cat, CCA big FMIC, 255lph fuel pump, 888cc Siemens fuel injectors, 3" agp CAI, agp 38mm external wastegate, HKS SSQV v.4 BoV, AGP upper and lower intercooler pipes, AEM UEGO wideband and tru boost gauges, AGP/Borg Warner S200sx-rs56 turbo kit, 20PSI boost , 60mm throttle body, SCT pcm reflash,

Comment

You can't break a Mopar don't kid yourself lol

Comment

Is it an SRT4? Even if it is, you've done so much to it so it wouldn't matter.
            29 years old, and still a daily.

Comment

yea its a 2004 srt-4 neon, still a neon and i go get my shopping done in it and can haul a baby once that time comes, lol but yea it has a little done to it, wont be finished for ever i guess, its always a work in progress once the power adders and go fast stuff is done im gonna work on the looks at the moment its multi colord, silver deck lid and a silver hood and it generaly looks like a mess lol, so once i get all the power done i'll be getting carbon fiber hood and deck lid, some new rims, you know all these goodies and such
              2004 dodge SRT-4

Comment

added some pics, shot with my iphone and my car is a mess, rims have curb rash and i used to drive it to my work site when i did construction work so its a little tired but like i said looks will come after the power is done
                2004 dodge SRT-4

Comment

i painted the rocker cover/valve cover, came out ok, but my first time doing it so its not perfect at all, next comes the caliper painting, gonna be red, i'll post pics of the valve cover job tomorrow when its bright out again
                  2004 dodge SRT-4

Comment

SRT-4's are awesome, possibly the meatiest sounding I4 there is. Looks great.
                    Originally posted by MOOG
                    Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
                    Originally posted by Jenga
                    You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

IMG_0395.jpgIMG_0396.jpg

the valve cover came out nicely
                      2004 dodge SRT-4

Comment

first time out on the new set up, and a new best 1/4 mile time at the strip

[email protected]

i had a terrible 60' 2.293 and i had to come off the line at idle, there is so much more in her lol you can feel it once you hit 3rd gear she pulls away SO hard!!!
                        2004 dodge SRT-4

Comment

Working...
                        X