Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chrinsx's E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrinsx's E30

So I have finally got my second car. I saw this E30 318i in very good shape for $1900. This car is a 5-speed (yes!) and the purpose of this car as of now is to help me learn how to drive stick so I can get a nicer stick car in the future. There is a little rust, which is symptoms of the shitty weather we get in Ohio, but everything else is okay. I don't want to spend too much on the car because I don't know how long I will have it but there is some problems to address and some rust to patch up.

If I do any mods to the car at all I will get a Magnaflow exhaust and some black mesh rims with a silver/chrome lip. Rims like that that fit are kinda hard to come by because this car has a 4x100 lug pattern and it will take too much time and money to convert it to 5 lugs.

Well here are the pictures of the car as it sits today.

29 years old, and still a daily.

nice and clean, good find
    sigpichttp://forums.mightycarmods.com/album.php?albumid=317

Comment

Originally posted by impakt View Post
      nice and clean, good find
      Thank you

I'm hoping to make this car a temporary daily driver as I hate carpooling with my friends, but driving 40+ miles every day to and back could be a problem..

Comment

looks good, i love black E30's but PLS get some Euro bumpers

Comment

Looks great. The interior looks really clean.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerlovr View Post
            looks good, i love black E30's but PLS get some Euro bumpers
            Thank you. I am thinking of getting M3 bumpers and side panels to hide the rust, but for right now I am keeping it pretty much stock.
            Originally posted by THESTIG View Post
            Looks great. The interior looks really clean.
            Yes I agree the interior is almost perfectly clean. I was lucky that the previous owner actually took care of this car

One issue that I am having is the speedometer is consistently not working. I am in the middle of looking for a replacement or even a digital dash . I don't think it is necessary to drive it with a speedometer but it would be helpful. The tachometer works perfectly fine so I am judging my speed using that. Also I am starting to use this as a daily driver this week so wish me luck :P

Comment

4X100 wheels should not be hard to find, that is the pattern civics, miatas, some isuzus, etc use. Does the E30 have a weird offset or something?
              1987 Mazda RX7 Turbo II - T66 powered
              1979 MG Midget - High Compression N/A
              2004 Chevrolet Silverado - L18 swap in the works

Comment

Originally posted by afpreppie04 View Post
                4X100 wheels should not be hard to find, that is the pattern civics, miatas, some isuzus, etc use. Does the E30 have a weird offset or something?
                I'm pretty sure it doesn't. If I do get some rims they will have to be under 17 inches though because the wheel wells are tiny :/

Comment

$1900... To be honest I'm not sure if that's a lot for a E30.. but I know that these machines are incredibly... INCREDIBLY, sexy and mean. I want one....

Seriously though, for $1900 this looks like an amazing find. Make sure to make it fast and keep it clean for me.. ;_;

Comment

Looks nice, and u got it for quite a good price. payed about 2150$ for mine. about the wheels, i have 16" wheels rims but the rims are 7,5 wide so i have to have spacers in the front or else they would touch the struts ( maybe becouse lowering kit) btw those black rims with crome lips looks awesome on almost every car.
                    sigpicBMW E30

Comment

These rims, but black over gold? BBS RS wheels, always look good on E30's. +1 euro bumparrrrrsssss http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3600712596/
                      1960 vee dub

Comment

big bumper dirty30...I use to have an 86 325es back in the day. I worked in the BMW tuning scene for over 10 years.
                        2009 Horizon Blue/Jet Black Mini R56 Cooper S 6spd
                        2012 Pepper White/Jet Black Mini Cooper 6spd
                        On the hunt for an e30 or 318ti Clubsport

Comment

Thanks everyone. Just recently I did pick up some 17 inch blaaack rims with a chrome lip. They look like this...

I have found 2 Yokohama tires and 2 Continental tires with good tread that would fit so I will upload pics when I get them on the car!

Originally posted by Password. View Post
                          $1900... To be honest I'm not sure if that's a lot for a E30.. but I know that these machines are incredibly... INCREDIBLY, sexy and mean. I want one....

Seriously though, for $1900 this looks like an amazing find. Make sure to make it fast and keep it clean for me.. ;_;
                          I saw a couple on Craigslist for $4000 so when the time comes I hope to sell it for that much. And yes I agree it's pretty sexy

Originally posted by TheOnlyGurra View Post
                          Looks nice, and u got it for quite a good price. payed about 2150$ for mine. about the wheels, i have 16" wheels rims but the rims are 7,5 wide so i have to have spacers in the front or else they would touch the struts ( maybe becouse lowering kit) btw those black rims with crome lips looks awesome on almost every car.
                          Thanks, I don't have it lowered right now because of our driveway but I know what you mean.

Originally posted by TheOnlyGurra View Post
                          I was looking for something like that but for me this is a budget tune since I am still in high school and I don't have much money. I got the set of 4 MSR's for $100!

Originally posted by mikeyb74 View Post
                          big bumper dirty30...I use to have an 86 325es back in the day. I worked in the BMW tuning scene for over 10 years.
                          Wow, that's awesome! You must know a lot about the E30.
                          Last edited by chrinsx; 15-05-2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Looks clean. Should turn it into an insane sleeper!
                            -- CHEAP -- FAST -- RELIABLE --

CHOOSE TWO

Clicky click!

Comment

aww those new rims look awesome. I wish i could afford with something similar, just bought two new tires for about 285$ and then i realized that one of the rims was damaged and the car starts to vibrate at higher speeds, so now i need new rims:P
                              sigpicBMW E30

Comment

Working...
                              X