Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brendans Stagea RS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well above boot design has been rethought and thrown out the window, new design is in the works now, will save more boot space but looks the functionality of folding down the rear seats, which sucks but oh well.

Join the Perth MCM Facebook pages for the latest meets and events in Perth:
    Perth Forum-Based MCM Group(Please read description before joining)
    Perth MCM Fan Page

Comment

Well, after much consideration (and ability to save as much initial boot space as possible) this is what I've come up with.
      The blue section is false floor and there is 3 amps and two batteries being buried under that aswell as a set of 6.5' components being built into the side of the boxes to provide so decent rear fill (door speakers are a joke).

Initially I was planning on building pods into the boot trim however I do intent of using the cargo blind to 1)cover the gear and 2) block out the amp lighting (which will come through the perspex that will cover them - Yes its going to be a show-ish install).

My dynamat has landed in .AU so hopefully this weekend I will be able to ateast deaden the boot/doors and roof and get my fronts in and temporarily fit the new speaker amp to make more noise whilst I wait for mr tax man to give me presents so I can get the new subs

Install details:
      Headunit: Android 7" headunit, brand unknown but decent quality hardware.
      Fronts: Polk DB6501's 6.5" components.
      Rears: Polk DB6501's 6.5" components.
      Speaker Amp: HiFonics ZRX1000.4
      Sub Amps 2x HiFonics BRZ1200.1
      Subs: 2x RE Audio SXX 12"

Depending on the quality I might look at building some pods for the doors and move to a 3way front system but time will tell I guess

Perth MCM Fan Page

Comment

2 dynamat extreme bulk packs

Will start deadening the boot today and will do the roof doors and such this weekend when the build begins

Perth MCM Fan Page

Comment

Nicee, I love stageas, theres a few around my place and everytime i see them it makes me want one that bit more. R34 front conversion sound pretty sick too, quite pricey from what ive heard though?

EDIT: Just realised your username, conversion HAS to happen for it to truely live up to the name ;D
          Originally posted by fitridebmx
          break it off and put it back on with zip ties
          Originally posted by Jenga
          So we don't have to remove our A-holes anymore? Where's the fun in that

Comment

Thanks mate
            conversion will happen, not high on the list of priorities but it will definitely happen after other mods
            Yea the kit alone is 5k~ without postage so id rather spend that on engine/manual first

Perth MCM Fan Page

Comment

Another random picture - Ready for the weekend.

Perth MCM Fan Page

Comment

Maaad man! Solid effort!
                sigpic

Comment

was meant to go get some more sound deadening stuff this afternoon however the rain kinda put me off, cbf getting wet for that haha
                  So maybe ill go tomorrow or friday and grab some wood and shit as well

Going to be a busy and cold weekend for me i think.

Perth MCM Fan Page

Comment

loving this!!
                    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.
                    sigpic
                    ^^copyright NDH 795^^

want to know more? http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-gt4-track-car

Comment

Random stuff:

This weekend I will be trying out some Jaycar (response) alternatives to the big name sound deadening options, Not for CLD as I already have Dynamat, but for MLV and CCF.
                      Clearly I would prefer to go with some Second Skin Overkill Pro and Luxury liner pro, However based on the cost to ship this to au it really MIGHT not be worth it.

Based on the prices of the Jaycar, gear and the fact it "appears" to in technical specs, be similar to Second Skin gear (albeit a little thinner) I see no problems with giving it a try.

If it isn't up to par I guess ill have to spend another weekend ripping it all out and waiting a few weeks for the second skin gear to arrive. haha.

Perth MCM Fan Page

Comment

Damn, that car looks sick as. Sleeper? Now all of this sick stagea and Forrester makes me wanna drive a SUV lolz
                        Its pain to see MCM forum turns out this way

Comment

Originally posted by DC5 Nick View Post
                          Damn, that car looks sick as. Sleeper? Now all of this sick stagea and Forrester makes me wanna drive a SUV lolz
                          In a sense, yeah its a sleeper, it is stock, but by stock its rb25det Neo running 10psi, Soon the engine mods will begin and it will still be in a sense a high powered soccer mums car so still sleeper ;P

Until r34 front end! haha.

Perth MCM Fan Page

Comment

Hey Brendan,

I've used the Jaycar stuff before mate, with great results. I used it to sound deaden a track car that had a really loud 2 way LSD and a space shuttle sized fuel pump, and it worked a treat. One of my very good friends has a stagea the same shape as yours, but a 260RS Autech version. It runs a RB26 and GTR driveline, with a nice tight diff, and 2 HKS turbos. It made 387awkw on 22psi, with just exhaust, cams, cam gears, turbo and ecu tune. Such a scary car. Gets to 260km/h so fast!

Cheers,
                            Shazza
                            Differential Studios - Click here for awesome videos and stuff.

Comment

Cheers for the input mate, Yea I do expect to not have any problems with the Jaycar stuff and its SO CHEAP! which is awesome
                              Will post up a lot of pics of the work and before and after videos (if the audio will come up alright on my phone).

A 26 is on my list of things to do, I guess it will come down to if I can still grab this 26/Gearbox combo that a friend has for sale when tax time arrives
                              it will be a long slow build however as my target is Rather high and I don't want to do it dodgy.

If I can't get a 26 i will just build up another neo i think

Either way I need to do a manual conversion as an auto box just steals 99% of my thrill of driving

Perth MCM Fan Page

Comment

Moar random photos. I should really start sound deadening but I cbf.

Perth MCM Fan Page

Comment

Working...
                                X