Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Daily - VT Series II Calais L67

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Daily - VT Series II Calais L67

Name: Andy
    Model: 1999 VT2 Calais
    Colour: Tungsten
    Bodykit: LOL...
    Engine Type: 3.8L Supercharged V6 - L67
    Engine Mods: Dead stock and staying that way
    Power: Enough
    Exhaust: Some pipe that was bent in the Holden factory
    Gearbox: Slushbox
    Diff: Double legger tree-oh-ayte
    Brakes: Small
    Suspension: Lovells SSSL's (at a glance), standard struts, Nolathane bushes in the front
    Wheels/Tyres: 18" VT GTS painted in a strange colour
    Interior: Cloth HSV VX Coulsens with Velour back panels, matching HSV rear seats, matching HSV door card inserts
    Other Mods: WH2 Stato International headlights (genuine projectors), VX Calais rear lights
    Stereo: Double-DIN DVD Headunit, Pioneer 6" splits all round, standard subs/amp
    Build Period: Purchased 2nd June 2012
    Future Mods:
    • Replace struts and springs with the gear currently in the wagon.
    • 35-grade tint - it is my daily
    • Camber kit is required - might even look into "Control-Link" rear cradle swap
    • New exhaust - current one has a very minor leak
    • New cats - can hear that these are blocked
    • Highly doubt it, but minor motor bolt-ons

Original plan for my wagon was to have that as a daily and buy something a little more "track work orientated" (Evo/etc) but that's since changed. This will be the daily, with plans to just make it a nice and comfortable driver rather than a thrashbox.

Photo's from the seller:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...7/IMG_2770.jpg
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...7/IMG_1217.jpg
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...7/IMG_2328.jpg
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...7/IMG_0513.jpg
    Last edited by Mistikal; 25-07-2012, 02:58 AM.

Tungsten looks so good on these. Looks good on the intos too
    Now drives a girl's car
    Originally posted by ThePossum
    Furious masturbation, the cure to all life's problems, passes time nicely too.
    Originally posted by Squirt
    And BIGZED, phwoar. He is 1 cheeky kunt m8. I could easy wrek him 1v1.
    Originally posted by LikeABoss
    Welcome to the bogan side, heres your complimentary can of VB, a kick to mouth to remove most of your teeth and a makita angle grinder for that extra low.

Comment

im far from a holden fan but i love these VT2 calasis the tungsten with the into's look awsome man tough street sleeper
      sigpic

Comment

I've never been a huge fan of Tungsten myself, much prefer Quicksilver (pretty obvious what it is), but hey... it was cheap, and the colour hides the scratches well!

Comment

Looks good. Fully optioned and a good daily.
          MCM Queensland Facebook Groups:
          Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Brisbane
          Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Sunshine Coast
          Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Gold Coast
          Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - FNQ
          MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

I wish it was fully optioned, sunroof would be real nice

Comment

Thought I'd chuck the wheels from my wagon on, just to see how it looked...

Comment

Please leave them on, looks so much nicer. Wouldn't mind a Commo as a daily, very boaty but very cruisy.

Comment

I would leave them on, however they are for my other car (see signature).

Chucked my Statesman International headlights in today, makes the car look a bucketload newer!

Comment

Replaced the steering wheel today.

Also, as a stroke of luck, the seller had a matching glovebox and lower fuse panel, which happens to match the interior of the Calais (Pewter with grey suede!)

Replaced the Lovells rear springs with a set of Kings SL's yesterday, has raised the rear about an inch.

Took a few pics too.

Comment

Sold my Statesman last night, so this will be copping a few of the basics over the next week or two.

International's have been advertised for sale too, wasn't 100% keen on them, so I will find something more suitable soon.

Comment

Well, Maloo wheels are off, got my hands on a cheap set of VT GTS' with rubbish paint - they're dead straight thou which is a bonus, so some time in the near future I will get them blasted and powdercoated back to the colour they are now as I do not mind it Looks decent on Tungshit!

Also worth mentioning - new DVD headunit installed, steering wheel replaced, lower trim panel beneath the steering wheel installed, drivers side tint removed, and few other small things.

Wheel tally so far:

16" VT2 Calais wheels
                        17" VT Calais International wheels
                        19" VZ2 Maloo R8 wheels
                        17" VR Senator wheels
                        18" VT GTS wheels

The R8's look the best, followed by these. The Maloo's are NOT going back on, they are for the wagon!!!

Comment

Purchased these tonight

Garnish isn't in the absolute best condition, but I am not that worried. The upgrade is not because I dislike the VT rear, but more because the outer tail lights are damaged, and I may aswell upgrade while I have the chance!!

Comment

Few things to post...

Firstly:

Secondly:

Going to try and incorporate the 8-way seat adjuster to them from my Calais seats, shouldn't be too hard

Comment

Fairly sure the foam and material from the coulsons fit right onto the frame work for the VT seats, so it shouldn't be that hard to do
                              Now drives a girl's car
                              Originally posted by ThePossum
                              Furious masturbation, the cure to all life's problems, passes time nicely too.
                              Originally posted by Squirt
                              And BIGZED, phwoar. He is 1 cheeky kunt m8. I could easy wrek him 1v1.
                              Originally posted by LikeABoss
                              Welcome to the bogan side, heres your complimentary can of VB, a kick to mouth to remove most of your teeth and a makita angle grinder for that extra low.

Comment

Working...
                              X