Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RNN14 GTi-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RNN14 GTi-R

I've owned my 1992 GTi-R since March this year, it's been an excellent car to own and drive (it's my daily); parts are rare and expensive but it's all part of the fun.
    Modifications so far: Removed cut springs and worn-out struts - replaced them with BC Racing V1 coilovers, Fitted Whiteline 20mm rear swaybar to help combat the 'Rs famous understeer, fitted the correct spark plugs after the previous owner had decided SR20DE plugs must be the same as SR20DET plugs (Nope!). The misfire the wrong plugs caused allowed me to knock quite a bit off the seller's asking price though.

The bulk of the money spent on the car so far has been on maintenance, almost every bushing in the car was shot and I'm about half way through replacing them all. As it is now the car handles amazingly and thanks to the free flowing 3" turbo-back system inspiring the turbo to huff out a tasty 14-15psi over the stock 11psi; it goes reasonably well too. Next mod will be a wide-band setup, nice cheap engine insurance.

Pics!

Tasty x-force and whiteline goodness...

Fitted clear side-indicators since, looks much better.
    "The frustrating thing about the Internet is that there are too many people from the Internet on it."
    Check out my 'R!

nice ride man!
    I am Cluck Norris

Comment

Cheers!

Found another pic showing one of the much-better-than-faded-cloudy-orange side indicators:
      "The frustrating thing about the Internet is that there are too many people from the Internet on it."
      Check out my 'R!

Comment

Nice car, I'm a fan of the gti-r maybe with a front mount and stock pulsar bonnet it may be a great sleeper
        Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier.
        The Daily Driver

Comment

A GTi-R thats not black? How about that.
          Dubbed by Moog: "The Bible of Cars", has spoken | MCM RPS Finalist

Comment

Originally posted by D.J View Post
            A GTi-R thats not black? How about that.
            TJ1 in tha hizzy.
            Check out my 'R!

Comment

That is a very nice car man!
              sigpic

Comment

Thank you sir!

Oh I forgot to mention that it used to have a big dirty Jun cannon on it - Not much of a cannon guy so I switched it out for the tail-pipe you see above.

Here it is compared to said cannon:
                Check out my 'R!

Comment

Sweet, i do like the GTi-r, almost bought one a while back.

Comment

Went for a 700km round trip today, took this whilst my passenger indulged in a ciggy.
                    Check out my 'R!

Comment

Such a neat little car, super clean example as well. Grats.

Comment

Love the look of the GTi-R's. Nice wheels mate

Comment

Still going strong. Soon to receive a split dump pipe and larger front pipe.

Check out my 'R!

Comment

I love the GTIR i used to own one but it broke a lot an became to expensive to keep. Its too bad that they have so many design flaws, like the gearbox isn't strong enough and they over heat fairly easily which is why they failed pretty hard when they Rallied them. http://www.nissangtir.co.uk/articles-full.asp?art=6
                            Still an awesome car but id probably investigate these common problems and try to fix them before they happen. I regret not doing this with mine.
                            sigpic

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X