Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DWS92 - 2001 Vectra 2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWS92 - 2001 Vectra 2.2

G'day all, David's my name and i've been lurking here for a while, just decided to sign up today.

My car is a 2001 Holden Vectra B 2.2, bought it on my Ls to learn to drive a manual.

Since I bought it, i've done a few mods.

17" XHP Jet alloys
    Ram-Air cold air intake
    4-2-1 extractors, high flow cat and 2.25in exhaust to twin tip muffler
    Chrome Angel eyes
    King Springs
    KYB Shocks
    Pioneer sub, amp, rear splits and head unit
    Front skirt (now 2.6 V6 front bar)
    Full Opel badging

I know these arent the first cars that comes to mind when someone mentions a fun FWD 4cyl, but im very happy with it. Done most of the work myself (being an automotive apprentice) so its my pride and joy!

Pictures

Last edited by DWS92; 18-06-2013, 10:22 PM.

A photo of de-restricting the air intake piping from this weekend.

Comment

Was wondering when someone else from OA would show up

Comment

Yeah figured I should maybe join more than one forum

Comment

Fitted a set of slotted front rotors and new pads this weekend, also flushed the brake fluid. Gave it a wash though didn't take any photos of it nice and shiny, haha.

Comment

remove chrome, make car 999999999999% more desirable

anyhow, thats a very nice car, super clean and a nice body colour.

The exhaust looks really clean. Well done on not getting some awful fart cannon.

Comment

Originally posted by QWOPPER View Post
              remove chrome, make car 999999999999% more desirable

anyhow, thats a very nice car, super clean and a nice body colour.

The exhaust looks really clean. Well done on not getting some awful fart cannon.
              Cheers man, I never wanted the car to look cheap and tacky with the mods ive done, so a cannon was never on the cards.

I'm really considering getting those wheels professionally painted either a silver or gunmetal colour when the tyres are shagged or buy a set of Astra sri turbo wheels. Will see what my money is like at the time.

Comment

Good job mate! The maroon paint looks great on yours cause its in good condition. I have seen countless Vectra's with the same paint in crap condition.

Which series Astra wheels are you talking about? AH? The Astra SRI wheels would look good espically the ones from an AH.

I originally learnt how to work on cars with my Dad's Vectra JS2 Wagon and it was a great car. Did nearly 300,000kms before it was sold. We had a problem with the rockerbox cover leaking after a while and have herd similar things from other people. And you probably already know about the timing belt stuff.
                MCM Queensland Facebook Groups:
                Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Brisbane
                Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Sunshine Coast
                Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Gold Coast
                Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - FNQ
                MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

Cheers mate, nice to get some compliments! As much as I would love the AH Sri wheels they are 18 inch and I would probably get scrubbing, so the TS wheels would probably be a better bet.

Already had the water pump let go at 60,000 so did the timing belt at the same time. Cam cover gasket has been replaced 3 times already so im pretty familiar with it all.

They are a really underrated car in my opinion, can be made to handle really well too without too much work

Comment

Originally posted by DWS92 View Post
                    Cheers mate, nice to get some compliments! As much as I would love the AH Sri wheels they are 18 inch and I would probably get scrubbing, so the TS wheels would probably be a better bet.

Already had the water pump let go at 60,000 so did the timing belt at the same time. Cam cover gasket has been replaced 3 times already so im pretty familiar with it all.

They are a really underrated car in my opinion, can be made to handle really well too without too much work
                    What about the AH SRI non-turbo wheels? They are 17" and probably wouldnt scrub.

The only major hiccup ours had was one day the radiator shattered when driving along but that was fixed.

A very underrated car that for some reason, people dont like them. People told us that it was unreliable but it got nearly to 300,000 so that proved the critics wrong.
                    MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

Not much of a fan of the non turbo AH wheels, bit too bland looking in my opinion, spokes are too rounded for my liking.

Like any car they can be unreliable if not maintained correctly, head gaskets seem to be common. Your dad must have taken pretty good care of his!

Comment

Not much of a fan of the non turbo AH wheels, bit too bland looking in my opinion, spokes are too rounded for my liking.

Like any car they can be unreliable if not maintained correctly, head gaskets seem to be common. Your dad must have taken pretty good care of his!
                        Yeah I get what you mean about the wheels.

Completly right there mate. Dad took good care of it. Bought it from Suttons Holden in Sydney with about 15,000kms back in 01'. Serviced it with Holden up to 08' then was serviced by me . Still looked imac when it was sold. I miss it now
                        MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

Originally posted by MRTIIDA View Post
                          Yeah I get what you mean about the wheels.

Completly right there mate. Dad took good care of it. Bought it from Suttons Holden in Sydney with about 15,000kms back in 01'. Serviced it with Holden up to 08' then was serviced by me . Still looked imac when it was sold. I miss it now
                          I probably won't ever sell it. Invested too much time and money, plus being my first car I have an attatchment to it Bought it back in 2009 with 33,000k's on it, just past 83 thousand now. Was very well looked after before I had it.

Comment

I probably won't ever sell it. Invested too much time and money, plus being my first car I have an attatchment to it Bought it back in 2009 with 33,000k's on it, just past 83 thousand now. Was very well looked after before I had it.
                            God thats low kms for a Vecta! You were lucky to find it. Now I find myself looking at Vectra's on Carsales
                            MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

Beautiful Vec Mate
                              sigpic

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors

Comment

Working...
                              X