Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My '95 Calibra! My Bute! XD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Calibra

Hey man

I love your car, nice smooth ride and i love the sound and exhaust system i can wait til' the next time i ride in it

Aarian
    82' TE Gemini

Comment

Originally posted by Aariantal View Post
      Hey man

I love your car, nice smooth ride and i love the sound and exhaust system i can wait til' the next time i ride in it

Aarian
      DUDE Sup!

haha mate cheers. Next time its tunnels and a cruise by the beach or something! gotta enjoy that exhaust hahha still havent got round to it properly yet

Comment

Fun Fact:

The Opel Calibra still stands as one of the most expensively developed aerodynamic bodies ever produced. I'm not sure if it still is TODAY, but I know that if it isn't THE most, then it is one of the most. That sleek body really is...sleek, there's a reason why its a good body to start mods on ya know!

You could drop a V6 or a V8 in those, I'd go with an Opel engine to keep it real, and DEFINITELY need the Opel badges.

As JDM as Sauerkraut

1994 Audi 80 V5 Quattro
        1997 Audi A4 1.8
        1994 Mercedes-Benz C180
        1989 Mercedes-Benz 300CE
        1994 Mercedes-Benz C220
        1992 Mercedes-Benz 400SEL
        1994 Mercedes-Benz S420
        1997 BMW 525i
        1982 Mercedes-Benz 280E
        1995 Mercedes-Benz E320
        Future:
        I need to stop buying cars...

Comment

Originally posted by SAMARAI View Post
          sucks to hear ur brother had troubles! what was he trying to fix??
          I guess originally was opel/Vauxhall!
          Haha I'm sure my brother will give you the full story of what happened. It all began from a clutch being replaced... and went on from there lol...
          Hi my name is Nick and i like pie and turtles.
          Audi A4 quattro Avant 1.8T (B5)

I DUN NO HOW TO HIDE SURCHE NAME SO I SPALLED THISE BADALY TO HIDE MY FALE

Comment

Originally posted by Burnflesh View Post
            Haha I'm sure my brother will give you the full story of what happened. It all began from a clutch being replaced... and went on from there lol...
            Lol just gave Sami the spill. he has a novel to read. :P

But as you know I still love it and do not think I could ever part with it.

Oh yeah Sami,
            I forgot to list lowered and the sound system in my list of mods.
            kenwood head unit and two 12 inch clarion subs in the boot. just enough to drown out the noise from the exhaust. :P
            Evil mechanics murdered my car. So I resurrected it back from the dead.

Comment

Originally posted by ZIG View Post
              Rebadge all Holden badges with Opel badges, and remove the tow bar. It'll look sweet then.
              what ever he does is fine...as long as it isnt being replaced with a chev badge :0

Comment

Originally posted by Mcmerc01 View Post
                Fun Fact:

The Opel Calibra still stands as one of the most expensively developed aerodynamic bodies ever produced. I'm not sure if it still is TODAY, but I know that if it isn't THE most, then it is one of the most. That sleek body really is...sleek, there's a reason why its a good body to start mods on ya know!

You could drop a V6 or a V8 in those, I'd go with an Opel engine to keep it real, and DEFINITELY need the Opel badges.
                It definitely is such a great feeling to be privileged by this famous heritage the Calibra has. And true true, she glides as she rides = awesome fuel economy! I guess that’s why in European countries it was so popular for mods!

Originally posted by Burnflesh View Post
                Yeah he gave me the Encyclopaedia to read! XD Sometimes it happens that we try and do good by our cars but it doesn’t turn out the way we anticipate and sometimes take turns for the worse! We must persevere as enthusiasts!!

Originally posted by Ben.M.Cam View Post
                Lol just gave Sami the spill. he has a novel to read. :P

But as you know I still love it and do not think I could ever part with it.

Oh yeah Sami,
                I forgot to list lowered and the sound system in my list of mods.
                kenwood head unit and two 12 inch clarion subs in the boot. just enough to drown out the noise from the exhaust. :P
                Haha cheers tho Benii! I can tell you love it even after all the effort you put into it! I don’t thing I could part with mine either! It means so much to me! Its my first real ride!
                Ahh the simple yet effective mods! Likewise with mine! Im working on getting amps and subs for mine! With my 6x9’s in the rear I too can just hear the exhaust.. XD

Originally posted by atennisplayah View Post
                what ever he does is fine...as long as it isnt being replaced with a chev badge :0
                Oh mate!! Pfft would never do that! Respect for chevy badged drivers = 0 lol
                Although opel badges would add an exotic feel I guess!

Comment

In Europe, Calibras have a stigma of being modified to the oblivion. Ridiculous bodykits and windowsills stucked in a back are seen on almost every single one. It's hard to spot a clean one. So then. Clean stock look is a quite surprise in this thread. And i'm afraid, because of what i've written, I just can't appreciate fully this car. Keep the look stock! Calibra share great deal of parts with vectra A. You can drop a 2.5 V6, convert your car to 4wd to enhance awesomeness.
                  MIGHTY TINFOIL HAT MODS

Comment

Originally posted by chitty chitty bang bang View Post
                    In Europe, Calibras have a stigma of being modified to the oblivion. Ridiculous bodykits and windowsills stucked in a back are seen on almost every single one. It's hard to spot a clean one. So then. Clean stock look is a quite surprise in this thread. And i'm afraid, because of what i've written, I just can't appreciate fully this car. Keep the look stock! Calibra share great deal of parts with vectra A. You can drop a 2.5 V6, convert your car to 4wd to enhance awesomeness.
                    Love the Profile name and signature! XD

Ive seen so many examples like you said of overdone up and modified Calibras in Europe on youtube!
                    I've definitely decided to keep the stock look. The car in my eyes is still stunning and aesthetically pleasing!
                    A major upgrade like that would be hektic indeed mate! Something i would consider if I had the money and time to play with
                    thanks for the comment!

Comment

! A Quick Update !

Last week I cleaned up and resprayed the top half of the bumper as it was looking quite matte and faded!

Much glossier now! I guess the Aussie weather got to the bumper!
                      A sand back, primer, re-spray then a clear coat.

I'll be taking some photos of how she stands now soon.
                      Aswell as photo's maybe a video of the neons I have in my car XD

Comment

! Another Update !

Thought I'd take a few snaps from my LED Neons!
                        Turns out my Camera phone doesnt do my Neons justice but you get an idea!

They can be set in quite a few configurations!
                        - Single colour (8 to choose from)
                        - Flashing single colour Slow, Med Fast
                        - Alternating colours Slow, Med, Fast
                        - Strobe all colours
                        - Beat to music
                        - Mixed

Blue!

Pictured here mixed Red + Green!

Comment

A quick video of the Neon show! plus a fail at shuffling while sitting down and videoing at the end!
                          (excuse the crap quality guys but you get the idea of what im trying to show!)

Better quality video coming soon! (hopefully)
                          Last edited by SAMARAI; 06-09-2012, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Just a few shots from today of my princess!

Comment

I found this on this guys rear Holden Badge!!!! Why I say... on an SS ute??? WHY!!!

Comment

! Update !

- Fixed annoying squeaks from the doors and clutch pedal
                                - New spark plugs, runs much smoother now
                                - Re-sealed the cover gasket! (no more oil leaks! )

Im keen to look into LED parkers. Do they stand out enough and are they worth the price? Thoughts?
                                Saving for tint! 35% maybe? can anyone suggest a place in SA?

any ideas for my car guys?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X