Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My '95 Calibra! My Bute! XD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome another Calibra owner looks in good nick to what engine has it got Eco Tech ?

Comment

Looks very tidy mate good stuff. I'd put some nice rims on, maybe 17" at the absolute most, perhaps BBS style and then leave it, perhaps a tasteful chin spoiler also but beyond that she looks gorgeous as is you might see my ute getting around if you're ever near Adelaide :P
      sigpic
      SLAYING THE COVENANT SINCE 2001

Check out my ute build here, from bogan BNS ute to mad 4x4

Originally posted by bassdee
      shaking worse than michael j fox on a paint mixer.
      Originally posted by Hound
      Yeah guuize, im in bed with my missus too.. Palmela Handerson and I are having a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket View Post
        Awesome another Calibra owner looks in good nick to what engine has it got Eco Tech ?
        Awesome to meet a fellow Calibra fan mate!
        Cheers mate! yeah I was pretty lucky with the condition she was in when I got her. Definitely going to keep it that way!
        2L yep ecotech. how about yours?

Originally posted by HONKYTONK View Post
        Looks very tidy mate good stuff. I'd put some nice rims on, maybe 17" at the absolute most, perhaps BBS style and then leave it, perhaps a tasteful chin spoiler also but beyond that she looks gorgeous as is you might see my ute getting around if you're ever near Adelaide :P
        Cheers man. I definitely try to keep her this way.
        Rims are definitely in the books for my Cali would love something bigger. Stunning straight from the factory I'd say! Just a few mods to make it look a little more modern and stylish. :P
        Im from Adelaide mate. Might catchya round
        Last edited by SAMARAI; 10-09-2012, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Should do mate, I drive the only ute you'll ever see with KISS MY COUNTRY ASS in big block letters on the tailgate
          sigpic
          SLAYING THE COVENANT SINCE 2001

Check out my ute build here, from bogan BNS ute to mad 4x4

Originally posted by bassdee
          shaking worse than michael j fox on a paint mixer.
          Originally posted by Hound
          Yeah guuize, im in bed with my missus too.. Palmela Handerson and I are having a great time.

Comment

Oh wow, that's a good looking Calibra!
            Love the white color

I saw you're busy with paint. You might wanna paint the strip that runs all round whte also. Like a Keke Rosberg or Cliff Edition.
            BBS RX's or RM's would also look awesome (also factory option here in europe btw). Keke Rosberg Edition came with 16inch RM's in white.
            1994 Opel Calibra 2,0 8v - Loud pipes save lives
            1994 Opel Corsa B 1,6 16v GSi - Even louder pipes save even more lives!

Comment

Re: My '95 Calibra! My Bute! XD

Originally posted by HONKYTONK View Post
              Should do mate, I drive the only ute you'll ever see with KISS MY COUNTRY ASS in big block letters on the tailgate
              haha ill keep an eye out for it

Originally posted by McKaamos View Post
              Oh wow, that's a good looking Calibra!
              Love the white color

I saw you're busy with paint. You might wanna paint the strip that runs all round whte also. Like a Keke Rosberg or Cliff Edition.
              BBS RX's or RM's would also look awesome (also factory option here in europe btw). Keke Rosberg Edition came with 16inch RM's in white.
              thanks man. yeah the white is stunning!
              never heard of those editions! will have to Google image them. I know what you mean about painting the strip. I've thought about it before. I'm pretty sure I like the black and white look i have going
              but cheers man. yeah rims are a work in progress

Sent Via Tapatalk 2 for Galaxy Mini

Comment

There's so many special edtion Calibra's

Every modelyear has it's own Special Edition. They have a chrome emblem on the doors. Depending on the year it's SE1 through SE9, each year with it's own special color if I'm correct.
                There's the DTM Edition, usually black with a yellow flag emblem on the door, BBS alloys and a numbered plaque on the ashtray. Plaque is three digit, so there can't be more than 1000.
                The Cliff Edition was to honor the Cliff DTM Team, and the Keke Rosberg edition was to honor Mr. Keke Rosberg for his DTM victories in the Calibra. It is all-white with white BBS RM wheels.
                THen there's the Color Edition, wich has dark green paint with a blue hue, depending on how the light hits it, and six-spoke alloys by Intra.
                And ofcourse the Iceland Edition, wich has an ice-blue paintjob, and I believe 20-ish spoke wheels.

1997 SE9 in purple with 5-spoke 16inch Irmscher wheels.

Calibra DTM Edition, with the factory BBS's.

Calibra Keke Rosberg Edition, with Mr Rosberg himself.
                All white paintjob and white BBS alloys.

Calibra Cliff Edition, with the blue-greenish paintjob, trim in body color and ofcourse BBS alloys.

Calibra Color Edition, with special chameleon-like green paint.

And ofcourse, the Calibra Iceland Edition, with the iceblue paint.

Comment

There's so many special edtion Calibra's

Every modelyear has it's own Special Edition. They have a chrome emblem on the doors. Depending on the year it's SE1 through SE9, each year with it's own special color if I'm correct.
                  There's the DTM Edition, usually black with a yellow flag emblem on the door, BBS alloys and a numbered plaque on the ashtray. Plaque is three digit, so there can't be more than 1000.
                  The Cliff Edition was to honor the Cliff DTM Team, and the Keke Rosberg edition was to honor Mr. Keke Rosberg for his DTM victories in the Calibra. It is all-white with white BBS RM wheels.
                  THen there's the Color Edition, wich has dark green paint with a blue hue, depending on how the light hits it, and six-spoke alloys by Intra.
                  And ofcourse the Iceland Edition, wich has an ice-blue paintjob, and I believe 20-ish spoke wheels.
                  Thanks for that mate! Quite a few things I learned there cheers! Had never heard of these special edition Calibras!
                  That colour edition one is amazeballs! XD

I've noticed only the Australian Calibras have the side guard indicators? I think its part of the road vehicle policy for safety or something! All our cars here have side guard indicators!!

Comment

You're welcome mate!
                    I'm not gonna say I'm a walking Calibra encyclopedia, but I know my fair share. So if you ever have any questions, feel free to ask
                    Maybe we should open a Calibra factory-mods, information and show-and-tell topic. I think this legendary beast deserves it

Yeah, that side indicator on yours also caught my eye. Never seen it before.
                    I was thinking what that orange dot was. I think it's hidious. Front blinkers are transparent, rear ones are smoked, and there's an orange spot on the site... To be honest, I think you should replace it with a milky white one and put chromed T10/W5W bulbs or LED's in it.

Comment

ever notice how the tail lights and back end of the clibra look alot like that of the bmw 8 series

.................................................. ................................................sigpic

.................................................. .........................................My 05 MAXIMA http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...hlight=dan%27s

Comment

Not to keen on the 3rd brake light on the boot if you search ebay y our find loads of led side repeaters there simply plug and play Ive got ford focus style on mine there clear then light up orange when on

Comment

You're welcome mate!
                          I'm not gonna say I'm a walking Calibra encyclopedia, but I know my fair share. So if you ever have any questions, feel free to ask
                          Maybe we should open a Calibra factory-mods, information and show-and-tell topic. I think this legendary beast deserves it

Yeah, that side indicator on yours also caught my eye. Never seen it before.
                          I was thinking what that orange dot was. I think it's hidious. Front blinkers are transparent, rear ones are smoked, and there's an orange spot on the site... To be honest, I think you should replace it with a milky white one and put chromed T10/W5W bulbs or LED's in it.
                          For sure! Thanks mate! I'm always learning about this beast!
                          Yeah we should try get to that! Would benefit all us Calibra drivers! It definitely does deserve it!

Yeah im seriously considering trying something white or clear as a replacement cover! Doing my research at the moment! Know any ebay sites we can trust for lasting results?

Originally posted by Allisinthepass View Post
                          ever notice how the tail lights and back end of the clibra look alot like that of the bmw 8 series

Very similar mate yeah! Thats one sexy beamer! Never heard of the BMW 8-series lol

Originally posted by Rocket View Post
                          Not to keen on the 3rd brake light on the boot if you search ebay y our find loads of led side repeaters there simply plug and play Ive got ford focus style on mine there clear then light up orange when on
                          I think thats another mandatory for Australia.
                          Sounds good man. Will definitely suss it out! Would like something a bit more streamlined and anti orange :P

Comment

When it comes to Calibra parts, try Ebay Germany.
                            Many car parts suppliers and tuning/styling parts sellers run their company almost exlusively through Ebay there.
                            Shops like Autoteileman, Auto Teile Pollath, Autoteile Preiswert, Scholl Opel Ersatsteile (definately intersting, Opel only shop, so also for your Calibra), etc.

You do need to know the german names for parts, but definately worth the effort. Most of them also ship worldwide, and Germans are bound by the TüV regulations, wich specifies that all replacement parts need to be at least a certain quality, so it'll never be noticably worse than GM original parts.

By the way, could you make a close-up picture of the side indicators? I have this strange suspiscion that they are the exact same indicators that are found on the Corsa B/Holden Barina. Those are also found on Vectra A's and some other Opel cars. Since Calibra's usually do not have those indicators out here, you might be able to get a set for a Corsa B that'll fit, for less than 10 AUD.

small edit:
                            Black side indicators for a Corsa B, Corsa C, Tigra, Astra F, etc
                            http://www.ebay.nl/itm/OPEL-CORSA-B-...item43a66a7591
                            And white ones:
                            http://www.ebay.nl/itm/OPEL-CORSA-B-...item43a66a65eb

I'd say, also get a set of chromed T10 wedgebase bulbs with them, so you dont have an orange glow peeking through when they're switched off. Would look maaaaaaaad
                            Last edited by McKaamos; 14-09-2012, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Yes they are the same indicators as the corsa & astra & others of the same year

Comment

I advise you to join www.clubcalibra.com everything you would ever want to know about a Calibra is there

Comment

Working...
                                X