Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My '95 Calibra! My Bute! XD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rb26 i wish
    replied
    Rear brake light looks awesome! Haven't seen many Calibra's before it's unique which is what makes it cool

Leave a comment:

• SAMARAI
    replied
    UPDATE!

Just messing with this Idea. It was to make a template of the word Calibra that fits over the 3rd brake light so when the brake is applied.. the letters C, A, L, I, B, R, A, shine up!

I simply used black paper as a template, drew the letters, cut the letters out with a stanley knife and presto! An hour of fussing around, designing, cutting and fitting.. we have a rough copy!

Would probably have to laminate the paper so it doesn't get wet when it rains.. or Im thinking a same design but in black acrylic/plastic.

Like I said thought I'd give this idea a crack! It almost came out as I imagined..
    Last edited by SAMARAI; 27-02-2013, 10:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SAMARAI
    replied
    Originally posted by Tones View Post
    Ahaha thats very true! Feel it'd give a cleaner look.

But that said, love your progress so far, youve got a really nice unique ride there =)
    I reckon no tow bar would give it a cleaner look yes.. but at the same time I think most car's rear bumpers look plain when the space is empty. I dunno maybe i'm accustomed to it now :P

Thanks a bunch matey! I really appreciate that! It really is a joy for me to look at and drive every single day! cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Tones
    replied
    Ahaha thats very true! Feel it'd give a cleaner look.

But that said, love your progress so far, youve got a really nice unique ride there =)

Leave a comment:

• SAMARAI
    replied
    Originally posted by HONKYTONK View Post
    man that thing looks mad! well done!
    Thanks a bunch man! I'd second that :P

Originally posted by Tones View Post
    I like the tint and the rear spoiler.

yep thanks mate!
    After seeing the rear end though i cant help but think you need a towbar delete =)
    tow bar delete? well the only reason thats making me keep it on apart from mustering up the bother to do it.. is that it'll force people parking behind to keep their distance.

Originally posted by LikeABoss View Post
    Tint makes car look so slick mate! I reckon minus spoiler, car looks so sleek without it!
    Cheers matey! I reckon so too!
    the car does look sleek without it.. the lines are un effected. but At the same time it looks bare to my eyes. Maybe after a year and a half of it on.. im too used to it! But I do like the look change! :P

Leave a comment:

• LikeABoss
    replied
    Tint makes car look so slick mate! I reckon minus spoiler, car looks so sleek without it!

Leave a comment:

• HONKYTONK
    replied
    man that thing looks mad! well done!

Leave a comment:

• Tones
    replied
    I like the tint and the rear spoiler.

After seeing the rear end though i cant help but think you need a towbar delete =)

Leave a comment:

• SAMARAI
    replied
    Originally posted by CrushedByIrony View Post
    Firstly I'd like to say loving the darker tint! Did they just go over the original tint with a second lighter layer, or just one much darker layer..?

And personally I'm not a fan of rear window spoilers on any car.. So it's a no vote from me, it looks much sleeker without it anyways.
    Cheers mate likewise here! adds an aurora of sleek I think! Im not sure honestly.. but beforehand in no way was it different to the front windshield all the way see through.

yeah does look sleeker.. and when I first got the car I was dying to take it off.. but I got used to it.. now that its off im not so sure I want it on or off.. hrmm :/

Leave a comment:

• CrushedByIrony
    replied
    Originally posted by SAMARAI View Post

GUYS AND GIRLS!
    OPINION TIME!!!!!

Which has your vote!?
    Without, makes the car look sleek and the rear lines aren't messed up.. but with it on, gives it a little somethin somethin.. and I understand not many cali's have them ay?
    Firstly I'd like to say loving the darker tint! Did they just go over the original tint with a second lighter layer, or just one much darker layer..?

And personally I'm not a fan of rear window spoilers on any car.. So it's a no vote from me, it looks much sleeker without it anyways.

Leave a comment:

• SAMARAI
    replied
    PHOTO UPDATE!

So Windows are tinted and looking slick!

BEFORE:

There was no Tint previously whatsoever! I always felt naked in a way sitting inside no privacy.. no mystery :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFTER:

I should have done this sooner!
    If it keeps the inside cooler.. awesome! But Im loving the sleeker look!
    Driving last night was the first time I wasn't blinded by headlights of tailgators reflecting from side and rear view mirrors :P
    Lets hope I dont fall into habit and open the windows as I usually do.. its a habit but I have to resist.. two days minimum to make sure everything is settled and not going to peel off since its been installed yesterday! gotta wait a few days :/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUYS AND GIRLS!
    OPINION TIME!!!!!

After receiving the car.. to my horror.. the rear windshield spoiler was removed! I guess so they could measure on the outside of the car how much tint they need.
    I have a photo with it on and off!
    Which to go with?
    I'm used to it on there.. so to me right now it looks empty and bare.. but im starting to like it. On the other hand it becomes my cali im used to with it on!
    Decisions decisions what do we think!?

Spoiler on...

VS

Spoiler off...

Which has your vote!?
    Without, makes the car look sleek and the rear lines aren't messed up.. but with it on, gives it a little somethin somethin.. and I understand not many cali's have them ay?

Leave a comment:

• SAMARAI
    replied
    Originally posted by Nugget View Post
    Did you happen to keep the boot badge? (:
    I quite ignorant mindedly just stuck the opel sticker over the top!
    plus side.. if I want to restore it to standard its just a game of remove the top layer aye :P

Leave a comment:

• Nugget
    replied
    Did you happen to keep the boot badge? (:

Leave a comment:

• SAMARAI
    replied
    As I write this.. She is getting tinted windows.
    I'm getting the darkest legal tint. So keen to see what it looks like afterwards!
    If it helps save the interior and keep it cool inside.. Well that's a bonus, but I think a darker shade of Window tint than no tint as current will sit really well on a white car!
    WOO soo keen!

Leave a comment:

• SAMARAI
    replied
    Originally posted by LikeABoss View Post
    Everytime i see this it just looks more and more amazing! great work buddy!
    Cheers so much mate!
    I'll second that Hahaa. Just slow hopefully tasteful additions to the car
    Thanks again champ!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X