Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My '95 Calibra! My Bute! XD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahaha thats very true! Feel it'd give a cleaner look.

But that said, love your progress so far, youve got a really nice unique ride there =)
    My old car
    http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-03-Impreza-RX

My new Rx-7

http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-FC-Rx-7-Turbo

Comment

• Originally posted by Tones View Post
      Ahaha thats very true! Feel it'd give a cleaner look.

But that said, love your progress so far, youve got a really nice unique ride there =)
      I reckon no tow bar would give it a cleaner look yes.. but at the same time I think most car's rear bumpers look plain when the space is empty. I dunno maybe i'm accustomed to it now :P

Thanks a bunch matey! I really appreciate that! It really is a joy for me to look at and drive every single day! cheers!

Comment

• UPDATE!

Just messing with this Idea. It was to make a template of the word Calibra that fits over the 3rd brake light so when the brake is applied.. the letters C, A, L, I, B, R, A, shine up!

I simply used black paper as a template, drew the letters, cut the letters out with a stanley knife and presto! An hour of fussing around, designing, cutting and fitting.. we have a rough copy!

Would probably have to laminate the paper so it doesn't get wet when it rains.. or Im thinking a same design but in black acrylic/plastic.

Like I said thought I'd give this idea a crack! It almost came out as I imagined..
        Last edited by SAMARAI; 27-02-2013, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Rear brake light looks awesome! Haven't seen many Calibra's before it's unique which is what makes it cool
          sigpic
          MY R31 SKYLINE WAGON: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-Skyline-Wagon

Comment

• Originally posted by rb26 i wish View Post
            Rear brake light looks awesome! Haven't seen many Calibra's before it's unique which is what makes it cool
            Cheers mate!
            I've actually re done that brake light.. Photos up soon!
            But yeah the rarity is always nice not too many calibra's running these days! Lol

Comment

• UPDATE!

Its been a while since I've updated with progress on the cali.

Now I've always dreamed about a sub.. especially after my mother's old BMW had one! I love good quality music and it always keeps me sane on long drives!
              So after a year and a half of umming and ahhing, i finally decided i could justify one! My Type S 6x9's were awesome but lacking a little bass to my ears. So I eventually decided on a 10" active sub.

BEFORE

AFTER

After some haggling, this set me back $169 and ticked all my boxes..
              - Small enough so my boot is still practical (My guitar still fits in the boot even with the sub in there)
              - Low not Loud
              - Not vibrate my trim/passengers till they fall off

After figuring out how to get the positive lead through the firewall and connected to the positive terminal of the battery, the rest was easy enough!
              Im in love with my sound system! DAT BASS <3 hahaa

Now Im not sure if its all in the car's build or something but even at the max volume that I enjoy the music without it getting distorted.. with the windows up and standing outside the car its barely audible and there is never any numberplate rattling which are two pluses! I haven't done any sound deadning.. Calibra manufacturing for the win XD

Oh also another win is that it fits perfectly behind where spare wheel pokes out and the back seat.. it was a very snug fit and the carpeting is almost 100% to the original boot carpeting already there! I cannot be happier with how it all turned out!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next it was round 2 of the DIY third brake light template!

So this time after a few suggestions I had my 2nd more refined attempt at this idea.

First I ordered two of these bad boys!

The idea of this decal on my rear windshield was exciting and as it also turned out the text size was exactly the same size I needed for the width of the template.

So I cut the letters out, then using my previous attempt traced that same shape onto a piece of laminate. Cut that out, glued the letters down, spray painted over them and then took the letters off leaving the clear laminate showing through.

From there it was as simple as peel and stick and away we go!

My phone doesn't do it justice and the red of the tail lights and brake light looks washed out.. but I love this simple DIY!
              Feels good to stand out from the pack and advertise the Calibra when a driver pulls up behind me at the red lights!
              Not sure if its a permanent addition but I love it!
              It looks way more effective at night but sadly the phone doesn't do much justice! but you get the idea :P

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next I came across one of these bad boys!
              My jaw nearly dropped when my cousin surprised me with this! Tis epic same colour and all!

hahaa a model of your car.. which enthusiast says no! hahaa :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's some photos from when I was up in the hills at my mates place!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Do List:
              - Fix loosely fitting gaitor.
              - New wiper blades.
              - Fix sagging head liner (SO ANNOYING, but I have found a few places near me that specialize in it)
              - Re-paint and remove rear bumper black vinyls
              (I got used to them but they are every so slowly annoying me now..
              Especially after seeing this)

Comment

• Such a beautiful car mate

Comment

• Originally posted by DWS92 View Post
                  Such a beautiful car mate
                  Cheers mate! I definitely second that <3

Comment

• Mmmmm.... I do love it so much man
                    MCM Queensland Facebook Groups:
                    Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Brisbane
                    Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Sunshine Coast
                    Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Gold Coast
                    Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - FNQ
                    MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by MRTIIDA View Post
                      Mmmmm.... I do love it so much man
                      Thanks man! It's my pride and joy!

Comment

• Since you just commented on my thread it clicked whose thread I haven't had a look at lately, so here I am.
                        And might I say it's looking lovely as ever! Great minds think alike with these active subwoofers haha
                        sigpic
                        'SLYEST' VY Ute
                        http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-S-Ute-New-Car
                        Picture thread
                        http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...Queensland-%29

Comment

• Welcome back matey!
                          Oh cheers I definitely do try keep her top notch!
                          Hahaa great minds do think alike! Oh indeed I've found active subs are easy to install and great value for money

Comment

• Originally posted by SAMARAI View Post
                            Welcome back matey!
                            Oh cheers I definitely do try keep her top notch!
                            Hahaa great minds do think alike! Oh indeed I've found active subs are easy to install and great value for money
                            I totally agree, if you aren't going to do sound offs and crazy audio things, then active subs really are all you need.

And what are those black squares on the sides of the rear bar? Are they there from the factory because they look really out of place, even on your car with the black and white theme. :/
                            sigpic
                            'SLYEST' VY Ute
                            http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-S-Ute-New-Car
                            Picture thread
                            http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...Queensland-%29

Comment

• I saw one of these in real life a while ago. They certainly look waaay better when you see 'em parked on the street compared to photo's. Yours already looks awesome on the photo's though.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CrushedByIrony View Post
                                I totally agree, if you aren't going to do sound offs and crazy audio things, then active subs really are all you need.

And what are those black squares on the sides of the rear bar? Are they there from the factory because they look really out of place, even on your car with the black and white theme. :/
                                Exactly mate! These subs give all the thump and lower frequency support you need! And you aren't compromising on space or anything!

They are courtesy of the previous owner. They are a vinyl.. Definitely something as of late I've decided really is time to go. I used to just glance over it.. But a year and a half later it's starting to bug me now! :/

Originally posted by Johan View Post
                                I saw one of these in real life a while ago. They certainly look waaay better when you see 'em parked on the street compared to photo's. Yours already looks awesome on the photo's though.
                                Cheers matey! Photos generally of anything never do anything justice.. But I try and capture my cali in its best light and best angles
                                One of these in good knick always look shmik in the flesh.

Comment

Working...
                                X