Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My '95 Calibra! My Bute! XD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I spy what looks like a... us audio z power active? if not bummer :P for a budget active theyre pretty decent

She is still a beautiful car mate! Next time im adelaide way ill have to keep an eye out ;D well.. ill be out there june long weekend but yeah :P ill keep a eye spied
    sigpic
    Disclaimer: anything I say in social thread may be false information, any comments believed show signs of your astounding intelligence.

Organizer for MCM/Rexnet/OzFoz/AMC/JC Cruises & Meet Ups in the Canberra region :3

Comment

• Originally posted by LikeABoss View Post
      I spy what looks like a... us audio z power active? if not bummer :P for a budget active theyre pretty decent

She is still a beautiful car mate! Next time im adelaide way ill have to keep an eye out ;D well.. ill be out there june long weekend but yeah :P ill keep a eye spied
      You spy very well matey!
      Definitely a pretty decent quality sub for the price! And I couldn't complain with the haggling I did to get it even cheaper :P

Thankyou mate! She definitely is still a looker for an almost 20 year old car!
      We've started Adelaide MCM meets so if there's one on around when you're in town, by all means call in and you'll see her then

Comment

• Well imma be down around.. the queens bday long weekend hahaha so i doubt there will be a meet on then :P ill be sure to come check out one soon tho! being from adelaide and all i need an excuse to go home :P
        sigpic
        Disclaimer: anything I say in social thread may be false information, any comments believed show signs of your astounding intelligence.

Organizer for MCM/Rexnet/OzFoz/AMC/JC Cruises & Meet Ups in the Canberra region :3

Comment

• Originally posted by LikeABoss View Post
          Well imma be down around.. the queens bday long weekend hahaha so i doubt there will be a meet on then :P ill be sure to come check out one soon tho! being from adelaide and all i need an excuse to go home :P
          Jump onto the SA MCM Club Facebook page to keep up to date with details but worst comes to worst mate, can always catch up with ya over a bite or something! be great to see your ride in the flesh too!

Comment

• Beautiful car man, shes stunning! XD

Comment

• Originally posted by Percolator View Post
              Beautiful car man, shes stunning! XD
              Cheers man! I definitely take pride in looking after her!

Comment

• The progress you're making is awesome!! im loving everything you're doing to the car.

I have mixed feelings about the spoiler so i dunno. You should go back and get it though, not very nice for a professional company to remove something that was on your car and not put it back on.
                I took my car to get re-gassed at profix on Salisbury highway and got them to look at my electrical problem with my climate control, which i should have done myself. They charged heaps!!! at a price like that i would expect great service and all but a few days later i realized that the climate control wasn't even bolted on. They just left it hanging there to flop around and all they needed to do was put in 3 screws and then i found the cap to the part where they put in the gas just sitting next to my battery.
                and when it got cold my heater wouldn't turn on. and yep, they failed to put that back together so i had to do it myself and all they had to do was feed a metal cable under the dash, clip it onto the mounting and hook it up to the spot where it is meant to be.

but anyway, im jealous of your tint.

Comment

• I really appreciate it man! It's slow progress but you know how it is when you are a student funds aren't too crazy

Oh they took it off and put it in the back seat for me.. But I guess they measure up the tint on the outside of windows for sizes and just were Ceebs to put it back and just like your climate control situation. (sadly not everyone goes the extra mile)
                  I'm actually liking the clean no windshield spoiler look for a change. Lol

Anyways cheers mate! For $200 all round and lifetime warranty I'm not complaining it's a must on a black car so get on it bro

Comment

• An Update! Excuse some of the low quality photos ahead, just to give you an idea of the look of things currently.

- Currently fitting White LED's in the Speedo, centre console and guages. (The current set I installed aren't as bright as I hoped in the speedo, so waiting shipment of another set)

Before

After

- Also installed chrome speedo surround rings. Give a little shine and a fresh look to my eyes while driving now. Used to look too boring and simple.

Before
                    (Speedo was so undesirable as stock orange, I was never inspired to take a full photo but this gives you an idea of stock orange.)

After

- Black stock Calibra door handles to White Vectra door handles. (Awaiting shipment)

- Also converting to a Vectra Interior roof light (Awaiting shipment)
                    - Installed replacement wiper stalk as the print had faded and was getting on my nerves.

To do list:
                    - Replace dodgy RCA cables for the sub. (It cuts on and off, very annoying)
                    - Redo the roof lining (Sagging quite badly. again very irritating)
                    - Get off my arse and remove the rear bumper black vinyls and respray the bumper.
                    - Convert switches to white LED also.
                    - Wire up footwell neons to turn on when the doors are opened. (at the moment I have LED neons but they are going through my ciggy lighter. Gotta figure out how to tap into something that's live, only when the doors open!)

Thats it for now. Just to keep you all updated!
                    Last edited by SAMARAI; 28-06-2013, 12:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SAMARAI View Post
                      Update Time!
                      Is it? haha

Any photos or details man
                      MCM Queensland Facebook Groups:
                      Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Brisbane
                      Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Sunshine Coast
                      Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Gold Coast
                      Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - FNQ
                      MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by MRTIIDA View Post
                        Is it? haha

Any photos or details man
                        shh man hahaa they're up now :P

I had to fix some photo resolutions they were huge!! haha

Comment

• UPDATE!

- Completed White LED Speedo/Guages install
                          - Installed new Pioneer Bluetooth Headunit
                          - Installed White Vectra door handles
                          - Removed sagging roof liner
                          - Installed new Subwoofer (Autobahn replaced my faulty active sub free of charge!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(The stock colour for lighting up the gauges was a dull orange, I decided to go for white LED's as blue seemed a little too ricey to me. Loving the new look)

BEFORE + previously installed chrome surrounds:

AFTER:

- New Pioneer Headunit (The bluetooth means no more usb cables to plug the ipod in Love that! The headunit also came with a microphone that I've wired to the top of the drivers side front windshield pillar. This now gives me handsfree bluetooth when my phone is connected to the headunit! Love this new headunit!)

My cabin is now full of fresh bright white! A welcome modification to my car! all that's left to finish the LED install is to convert the switches which require soldering and custom work.
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEFORE : Standard black Calibra handles

AFTER : White Colour coded Vectra handles

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I think the white handles sit so much better against the white colour of the car. The handles sit flush and give the car a much more modern look I think.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Do List:

- Install White or Blue Neons in the footwells that turn on when doors are opened
                          - Re trim the roof lining
                          - Get a replacement set of tyres for rears as I discovered a pin with the head the size of 10c coin in my rear left tyre
                          - Remove black vinyls from rear bumper bar
                          - White converted switches
                          - (Long term) Angel eyes

Comment

• Very nice Calibra, I've been thinking of buying one too, but I just need to finish up my Vectra A first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chivava View Post
                              Very nice Calibra, I've been thinking of buying one too, but I just need to finish up my Vectra A first.
                              cheers mate! gd luck with your Vectra A build then. ideas of what type of Calibra you want to look for mate?

Comment

• Well i've been thinking of a Calibra with a X25XE engine, as the X25XE has a better torque peak (@3200RPM instead of 4200RPM)
                                But overall, aint all of the Calibras cool, unless some ricer has owned it?

But yeah, right now I got alot of money to be spared together to complete my Vectra first..
                                So far i've put in nearly 5000$ in stereo alone, and i need somewhat 7500$-8000$ more to complete the stereo, 1600-2000$ (I assume) for repainting, 1000$ for sand blasting (I assume), a Vectra A from Germany with a C25XE engine in it (Maybe a X25XE?) to do a swap.
                                and then like 1500$ to get it pimped up with new lights and stuff.

I'll post a thread about the car when I get my phone back in this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X