Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My '95 Calibra! My Bute! XD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAMARAI
    replied
    Photo Update! As she stands post Bumper vinyl removal and clean up of the residue!

Last edited by SAMARAI; 30-07-2013, 01:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SAMARAI
    replied
    hahaa yeah ofcourse! we do need to get a good photo of the Opel crew soon! some new members coming our way :P

Leave a comment:

• AARON9
    replied
    Yeah this was from the mcm meet, thought you could use a decent photo in amongst the mods photos haha

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• SAMARAI
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart6N View Post
    Nice one mate I really like this Calibra. Thought about getting an opel badge to the bumper? Looks way better. In Poland calibra owners are known for absolute lack of any taste in modifications so the more points to you Plus the colour - the best you can have on a car
    Cheers man! well both front and rear bumpers I've got opel stickers on for now.. I'm working on getting chrome badges to complete the look :P
    hahaa yeah some people go way over board with these cars and in my taste they ruin a simple but beautiful car!
    oh defs.. love the colour on my cali. At a distance hides the dirt so well! :P

Cheers Aaron I'd seen that pic before.. the last two pics I've posted up are more recent than that photo!

Cheers Mr. NXR!

Leave a comment:

• MR. NXR
    replied
    looking good

Leave a comment:

• AARON9
    replied
    Just thought I'd throw up a recent photo of the cali for you Sama,

Samas cali and my vxr

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Leave a comment:

• Bart6N
    replied
    Nice one mate I really like this Calibra. Thought about getting an opel badge to the bumper? Looks way better. In Poland calibra owners are known for absolute lack of any taste in modifications so the more points to you Plus the colour - the best you can have on a car

Leave a comment:

• SAMARAI
    replied
    Small Update!

Today using a spare Led strip I had lying around, I wired it up illuminate the area under the ashtray as it was looking quite dark and lonely there :P It looks alot brighter on this pic than it really is.. seems my phone cant handle bright light properly!

Do I need it? Not really.. but I like it and it's now inspired me to put white strips into the door cards so I get a good balance of white and red led lighting around me!

Also as she stands!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Mods to Date - 25/07/13

INTERIOR
    - Pioneer Headunit MHV-355BT
    - Alpine Type S 6x9 speakers, Parcel Shelf
    - Alpine Type S 6" fronts
    - Tweeters from 1997 v6 Calibra
    - Audio Z 10" Active Tube Subwoofer
    - Replaced leather gear stick gator
    - White LED's throughout interior (Pending 3 switches - En Route)
    - Chrome Speedo Dial Surrounds
    - White LED converted speedo
    - White LED Converted Fog/headlight switches
    - Red LED strips in front footwells
    - White LED strip under ashtray
    - Blue ciggarette lighter surround

EXTERIOR
    - 17" ROH Rims
    - XX Premium Numberplates
    - Opelised + Chrome converted badging on tailgate
    - 35% Tint
    - White Vectra handles
    - Painted calipers red
    - Blacked the door/bumper trim
    - Clear side repeaters with Orange LED's
    - 3.5inch exhaust tip
    - Chrome Tow Bar ball (old one was rusted)
    - White wiper blades
    - Resprayed the top half of the front bumper
    - Replaced both indicator stalks (print was faded on both)
    - Bee Sting Aerial
    - Custom Tailgate template (Glows “Calibra” when the brakes are applied)
    - Black vinyl removal off rear bumper

Future Mods:
    - Steering wheel Opel Emblem/Sticker (En Route)
    - Add LED lighting to rear footwells and door cards (En Route, already laid wiring to rear seat footwells and door cards)
    - Re-line roof lining
    - Black Angel Eyes
    Last edited by SAMARAI; 26-07-2013, 10:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SAMARAI
    replied
    Update Time!

I've installed some White LED converted switches. Mine originally had just the rear fog light and just the headlight switcher. Now I've got the front fog and headlight adjuster also in white LED. Loving the look.. even though they aren't connected to anything.. hopefully the front Fog switch (which was a pain to find) will be good motivation to grab a set of angel eyes soon!

Before: Stock Orange (Very dull was annoying me)

After: White LED's

The on indicator I've gone for red.

Loving the fresh vibes in the car. Atm I've ordered my 3 remaining heater control switches which are still yet to be converted to white to finish the look.
    I think the white is alot more fresh and modern. Last night I converted my mate's Hyundai Accent speedo to blue LED's and gosh was it annoying to look at!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news last night I fiddled with some spare LED strips and hooked them up in a way that they light up the footwells only when the doors open! Loving this DIY mod!

Hardest part was finding which wire was which since before I installed them they were a pair of multi coloured LED's.

That's all for now! some more wiring up of LED strips to come! Stay tuned!

Leave a comment:

• SAMARAI
    replied
    Originally posted by Chivava View Post
    Btw, where did you buy them?
    I got them from a calibra contact from Sydney called Eddey

Leave a comment:

• SAMARAI
    replied
    Yep I have remote locking system, and both my handles are key hole free. Theft prevention at its best
    To be honest at first I was weary of having no keyholes but I like them now, worst comes to worst I have a spare set of batteries if my remote goes flat and can always revert back to standard calibra handles, I left the standard key barrels there!
    Last edited by SAMARAI; 16-07-2013, 11:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AARON9
    replied
    Remote central locking. Key hole on the drivers side

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• Chivava
    replied
    Originally posted by Zecke View Post
    Maybe that's a stupid question, but where are the keyholes on the vectra doorhandles? Or do you have a remote control locking system?
    Btw, where did you buy them?

Leave a comment:

• Zecke
    replied
    Maybe that's a stupid question, but where are the keyholes on the vectra doorhandles? Or do you have a remote control locking system?

Leave a comment:

• Chivava
    replied
    Hehe
    I've been thinking of removing them as I'd like to make somewhat a ''show'' car, but its gonna be a summer car that can actually be on the roads, unlike some of the other show cars i've seen.
    Trying to get it all clean.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X