Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new S-Chassis family member (Brother's 180)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, we WERE going to dispose of the front cut, but now you've got me thinking.
    Originally posted by ADowbs
    He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
    sigpic
    My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

You'll be "the guy with no life" that people complain about on YouTube.
      "Get a real car omg, get a girlfriend" will be a frequent occurrence. Little do those people know you have both.

Comment

Haha, i like arguing on youtube about things like that.
        My most recent (possibly ongoing) argument is being told the USMD s13 isn't a Silvia, while i contest that all S-Chassis cars, at heart, are Silvias.
        I will stand by my statement.
        He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
        sigpic
        My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

Productive day today, came home and got straight to helping my brother.
          Engine bay before:

Started tearing up the interior and tearing the wiring off:

We also got to tearing out the engine!
          The mount bolts were rusted as fffuu and my brother was trying to undo them by hand which just messed up the nut.
          I whipped out our massive jack handle and used it as a breaker bar.
          One of the nuts was too messed up though so we had to remove the manifold+turbo to get access to the alternative one.
          Turbraaooo

It was a little disastrous. The engine & box was stuck on/in the halfcut for some reason. After the rustling of jimmies occurred, the half cut was lifted to clear the box. The bastard dropped on my brothers finger and rustled is jimmies even further. But anyway, jimmy rustling is in the past. Here's where we're at now!

Also, probably should've drained the oil first, lol.
          sigpic

Comment

Wow, clean that ASAP! That's awesome progress though, can't wait to see it in the car and hear it running.

Comment

hahahahaha have fun cleaning that up lol had to do that a couple of times myself at work nice build looks like it is coming along quite well

Comment

Looking good dude!

Comment

Beautiful build so far...keen to see this thing when it is finished
                  Originally posted by OPTIMUS PRIME
                  no.

My girlfriend just caught me blow drying my penis and asked what I was doing. Apparently "heating your dinner" was not the right answer.

Comment

Yay for progress!
                    $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                    $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

Alright, so today was going to be the big day but about 10 minutes into the work, a breaker bar hit my face and left a little gash.

It didn't hurt, and i was willing to leave it, but because it was gaping and the bleeding didn't stop, we ended up going to emergency to get it glued together.
                      The doctor glued it but it bled more, meaning she had to rip to glue out of my cut.
                      4 hours and a fair bit of blood later, one stitch...
                      That's all it needed.

Anyway. This makes me happy, dat s-chassis:

Aaaaaaand:

sigpic

Comment

Oh man thats awfully close to your eye. That could have ended badly!

Comment

Alright, small update tiem!
                          We (mainly i) have been rummaging through the wiring, frankenstining the half cut to the original loom.
                          Along the way, we found and disposed of the ABS system:

And then several hours later, the vast majority is connected with about 4 wires that i can't seem to join:

A lot more rummaging and connecting occurred today. Connecting plugs and grounds all over the place to give me a very, very satisfying result:

IT LIIIVEESSSS
                          sigpic

Comment

That's mad, good job man! One step closer.

Comment

Yewyewyewyewyew
                              http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ies-S13-Silvia

Comment

Woooooooooooo

Wait what? ABS?

Comment

Working...
                                X