Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stanley the Liberty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanley the Liberty

This is my 98 BD Silver Anniversary AUDM Liberty. Exact same as the Legacy but has a different name as to not be confused with our war veteran association. Paid $4500 with 180,000kms and a aftermarket headunit and also quite a lot of road noise that turned out to be either 2 cracked rims and a dodgy back left wheel bearing, or maybe both.

Went from factory 15"s

To some Gen 3 16s. I think this is when the modding bug bit me

A few weeks later while at a wreckers looking for S13 parts with my friend I picked some up trim pieces to paint black to replace the tacky woodgrain I had
    Before

After

The next upgrade was some WRX seats that I found on Gumtree for $200 that were 5 mins away. Beauty.

It turned out the seats were from a wagon so the brackets on the seat backs dont line up at all.

So found some new back seats from a sedan that im getting tomorrow

My most recent mod is a JDM legacy boot garnish that came with some JDM dirt and wiring. The dirt was all nice but AUDM and JDM wiring its slightly different. So after having no reversing lights for 2 months I finally noticed the lights were actually plugged into anything. So i swapped the globes and wiring from my old garnish to the JDM one, which was a PIA to do

AUDM

JDM Goodness also debadged

Thats it, so far

Future Mods:
    JDM Projector Headlights DONE
    GT-B Suspension
    Double Din Headunit
    New rims, either bronze or gunmetal. Something spokey like new STi wheels. DONE
    UEL headers and catback exhaust Half DONE

Stuff to do when I can be bothered:
    Change dashboard light colours
    DIY/Buy mesh grille DONE
    Red door cards

Super future mods for off P's:
    WRX/STi engine swap

And because im from Australia
    Last edited by Barbbachello; 16-02-2013, 07:36 PM.
    Want to know about my Liberty?

Looks good mate. We both have the same idea with the rexy engine swap, although I think it would be easier to just buy a rexy. Hopefully you end up doing it though.

If you end up getting new wheels, I may be interested in buying the stock gen 3's off you; depending on price and your location obviously.

Comment

Yeah buying a rex would be easier but wheres the fun in that haha. Also I figure by then i will have lots of other stuff worth keeping on it.

I live in victoria so that could be an issue as youre from NSW if my knowledge of towns serves me well. They only cost like $400 or something for 4 if that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Barbbachello View Post
        Yeah buying a rex would be easier but wheres the fun in that haha. Also I figure by then i will have lots of other stuff worth keeping on it.

I live in victoria so that could be an issue as youre from NSW if my knowledge of towns serves me well. They only cost like $400 or something for 4 if that helps
        Yeah, Vic could be a problem. Originally I was looking for rexy stockies. However they get snapped up pretty quick generally.

Comment

Ive been looking at Rota Wheels. $1000 for some nice looking wheels. Seems like theres a bit of a stigma about buying replica wheels but id rather pay $1000 for a set of STi replicas than 700 per wheel

Comment

Wheels are wheels. As long as they spin and look decent.

You thought about upgrading your rear sway bar? I put a GT Legacy one in mine because I picked one up cheap. Although being a sedan your's won't be as 'boaty'.

Comment

Nah it not too boaty so I havent thought seriously about it. Its something to add to the list i guess

Comment

Great work so far dude! Exaust tip?? I think yes!!

Comment

Liberty is looking good. Though it's a Silver Anniversary edition with an RX/Heritage front bar. Also, those gen3 wheels are 16"

Mods look mate. Keep it up!
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah Ill get a new tip when I get my exhaust done. Cant decide between twin tip or oval. Ive heard oval tip gives more boxer rumble

hmm, the wheel place said they were 17"s. Oh well.

Picked up my sedan rear seats. They fit sooooooooooooooo much better. Almost as good as the liberty seats
                    This:

Compared to before:

Comment

An update after a long time . Finally got a around to making a DIY mesh grill

Hacked out the centre

Filled some gaps with bog. First time with bog, got a lot to learn lol

Cut and shaped some black body kit mesh

The final product

Im not 100% happy with the final result. Its defiantly a direct from the drive way mod but its better than what I had

Comment

Looking good man, i'm hoping to purchase a gen 2 liberty awd wagon soon, i've been looking all over the net for inspiration and finally found a gen 2 thread , i'll be watching this for updates, hope you're loving it!
                        TEAM RED, TEAM BRONY, TEAM AWD, TEAM RAV'R
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        89 VL Commodore (Sold)
                        88 LD Astra (Driveshafts) 93 J30 Maxima (Gearbox) 92 SV21 Camry (Seized)
                        89 SJ70 Sierra (Written off) 93 JM Apollo (Head Gasket) 82 VH Commodore (Project)
                        sigpic

Comment

Id definitely recommend checking out this forum. Tons of DIY and other stuff. I just had a delivery of some GTB projectors

But im not 100% confident on wiring them up, so im waiting for my brother the wiring guru to give me some help

Comment

Got around to wiring up my new lights.

Old ones out

No twisting and taping here. All soldered and heat shrinked

One of the globes we think was mighty modded to be yellow

Quick trip to supercheap later

One final picture

10/10 Happy

Comment

Projectors make a 100% better upgrade. Nice work!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X