Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan's Mad Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan's Mad Max

So I just bought a 2005 nissan maxima se with the 5 speed auto. It has only 76,400 km (47,472 miles) and is extremly clean. It does not have any issue with the 5 speed auto (knock on wood). I plan to keep this car for a good deal of time so maintenance will come before mods (doing a complete fluid change in the next month or so). I plan to smoke the tail lights, black out the ugly front chrome grille, get window tints and HID in the front head lights (including fogs). Eventually, i will get it lowered and an exhaust + air intake, but thats a long ways away.

There is one thing that is problematic with it right now. The owner told me that he had new brakes put on it this summer (confirmed by the mechanic i brought it to get inspected) and he told me that the front right dics had warped. Now it makes noise (sort of intermittent but at steady intervals, decreasing with speed) only when i apply the brakes and only under 20km/h. Should/can i leave this or should i get this looked at soon.

.................................................. ................................................sigpic

.................................................. .........................................My 05 MAXIMA http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...hlight=dan%27s

Get it fixed asap, don't ever leave warped rotors on your car you don't know what could happen. Do both at the same time so you know that you won't have problems later down the track with the other one.
    IT'S NOT THE SPEED THAT KILLS, IT'S THE SUDDEN STOP.

Comment

Just tinted tail lights and debadged it... total cost 16$

.................................................. ................................................sigpic

.................................................. .........................................My 05 MAXIMA http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...hlight=dan%27s

Comment

Wetsand and wax them D:

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          Wetsand and wax them D:
          Indeed. You don't want that matt orange peel on them it's eeeewwie :P

OP If you get sick of it wetsand it off and use some tint on them that way if the police tell you off you can peel it off.
          sigpic

Comment

Finally got ride of the ugly fake chrome grille... its blaaaaack now. 1 coat of primer, 2 of blaaack and 2 of clear. Almost looks like it came of the factory line like this.

Comment

Did you use tint spray?

Comment

Would look boss without the Nissan badge. Beautiful car.

Comment

this thing looks good. are the side protection just glued on? would look awesome nice a smooth.
                  also why dont you have number plates? you dont even have a bracket on the front. trippin man

Comment

Originally posted by Yerok30 View Post
                    this thing looks good. are the side protection just glued on? would look awesome nice a smooth.
                    also why dont you have number plates? you dont even have a bracket on the front. trippin man
                    dont know what u mean about "side protection". As for the number plates, in Quebec when u buy a new car/change owner u have to get new plates within ten day's. Since i did this within ten days of getting her (i dont mess around) i didint get them. If u look at this picture , the little yellow square is the temporary plates. As for the front plates, well that isn't mandatory in Quebec.

Comment

List of thing to get done this weekend. Im on vacation and have 4 days of (monday no school, and tuesday no school because we have elections).

- Paint headlights
                      - Smoke bling lights (small side lights under headlights, called "bling lights" by maxima owners, not actual fog lights, they just turn on at night when u signal to turn)
                      - Paint wheels (gunbolt metal)
                      - Paint brake calipers/brake disc (either nissan gold or silver)
                      - Wax and clean
                      - Air filter + cabin air filter
                      - Measure seat rails
                      - See about painting side mirrors (maybe black)
                      - Rust spots on front

We so exited

Comment

We have a maxima to. Your car looks mint except for the black grille and debadging imo. But to each their own. Wouldve looked better with taking off everything in back except the nissan badge imo.

Any plans on getting spoiler? IF you plan on getting rims and lower any time get a35 maxima rims. Best rims ive seen on these maximas so far.

Floored it yet? Maximas are quick as chickens.
                        Curiousity killed the car... In VTEC We Trust.

sigpic

Originally posted by khindustries
                        Yes downforce on the rear wheels is essential for a FWD car

Comment

Originally posted by grenadian1 View Post
                          We have a maxima to. Your car looks mint except for the black grille and debadging imo. But to each their own. Wouldve looked better with taking off everything in back except the nissan badge imo.

Any plans on getting spoiler? IF you plan on getting rims and lower any time get a35 maxima rims. Best rims ive seen on these maximas so far.

Floored it yet? Maximas are quick as chickens.
                          i still have the nissan badge, dont think ill put it back on. I do plan on getting the small factory spoiler, nothing to ricer. My last car was an e34 540i so im some what used to quick, but yeah, when u floor it, it moves

Comment

Spoiler like ours?

Curiousity killed the car... In VTEC We Trust.

sigpic

Originally posted by khindustries
                            Yes downforce on the rear wheels is essential for a FWD car

Comment

for the rims, i was thinking more the 5 spoke style, really like those

and for spoiler, either like yours or something like this
                              Last edited by Allisinthepass; 01-09-2012, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X