Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 4 rings of wallet punching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 4 rings of wallet punching

Ello, my name is Nick, I thought i would get off my ass and show my ride, and my doner car, which was my original ride.. this is attempt 3 at this since attempt 2 Crashed on me lol

First one is the 97 Audi A4 B5 quattro 1.8T, which i bought as a wreck that was still registered with some light damage

Which turned out to be slightly more then light damage since Audi's decided half their car should be plastic

Got the new front Radiator mount, radiator, oil cooler, busted headlight <with a badly custom made indicator since i received the wrong headlight>

Bumper back on, looks like a car?!

New cheap bonnet, that buckled under its own weight..

So I decided it didn't deserve paint

Has a Ratrod feel about it!..

Anyway, after taking it in for a service knowing the turbo was seized up, and the air flow and something shorting out the ecu, i decided it can be a doner car for my future beast.
    Last edited by Burnflesh; 23-08-2012, 01:42 AM.
    Hi my name is Nick and i like pie and turtles.
    Audi A4 quattro Avant 1.8T (B5)

I DUN NO HOW TO HIDE SURCHE NAME SO I SPALLED THISE BADALY TO HIDE MY FALE

So this is the new ride

and this is it in sunlight 2000 A4 B5 Quattro 1.8T Avant.

Catback Borla exhaust system installed, Tried to do it ourselves but the damn cat is halfway between the enginebay at a fairly un-accessible point unless you have the tools

Got some 17" wheels to replace the scuffed up 16's, will go on when i can afford some decent rubber.

Excited when i got my coils, which followed by a nasty flu.. then a sprained back, then followed by finding out they where FWD coils, but i got the quattro ones hastily, have yet to install them... partly slack, partly helping hands lol

Edit: small clip of what it... sounds like.. through my phone? lol
    http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/3...zswafznzxi.mp4
    Last edited by Burnflesh; 23-08-2012, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Realy Nice Audi!
      Audi S4 (B5) Avant 2,7 Biturbo.
      BMW 318tI Compact
      Volvo PV544 B18A

Comment

Thanks MrB, Its a joy to drive, very smooth and punchy engine, but needs more punchy haha

Working on neatening up this thread as we speak!

Comment

Sick cars mate. Love those 17's you've got going there!
          How much was the new ride??

Comment

Well Think I payed $9300 from memory, Last major service kicked me pretty decent

Edit: it is fairly sort after since its a 2000 quattro avant 1.8t, so makes it almost worth while!.. lol

Wheels where $200
            Exhaust.. $1,400, i cried alittle, but it weighs nothing and has a great note, should give some nice smooth performance once i get ECU/cat/turbo/injectors+++
            Coils.. $1,300

Car mascot, $20.. every car needs one!
            Last edited by Burnflesh; 23-08-2012, 01:02 AM.

Comment

nice project you have there keep up the good work
              sigpichttp://forums.mightycarmods.com/album.php?albumid=317

Comment

Window decided it didn't want to work after i gave the door a love tap with my fist after accidently rubbing the guard against a light post on a freezing cold night and having the flu for 3 weeks, so was a bit out of it.. probably shouldnt have been driving.. the drive home with the window stuck down at 1am with ice build up on my car was quite... refreshing

Got the trim off, which was the easy part.

I don't think i've ever seen door internals like this

Everything comes out as one piece, makes for an easy fix, took the window regulator out of the doner car and swapped them out, once we worked out what we were doing this was a rather quick job

My nephew thought he'd try steal my car. Good thing i outsmarted him by having a manual!

Comment

sweet audi mate
                  2002 Black Holden Commodore VX SERIES 2 S PACK

Comment

Thanks Samarai, Impakt and Vx for the compliments

Comment

It's funny how right you are about the rings of wallet punching
                      First service I had on mine cost 1800 (Major). That was a huge jump up from the usual 200 that's spent on the merc.
                      1997 b5 Audi A4 Avant
                      1997 w202 Mercedes Benz C180 <-Mummy's car
                      ... Cars, Music, Photography, that's the life
                      - P Plater

Comment

yeah Euromy, add a couple of hundred on that for mine.. lol, glad that wont be popping up again for awhile, basic service is fine though.. can do that myself no problem

reason mine was so expencive was waterpump, turbo inlet, and other random turbo hoses where pretty corroded, all new seals, valve caps.. so on since the car is at 145,000k :|

Would have rather spent that money on ECU n tune for some extra boost /cry

Comment

I had a leaky tappet fixed on mine and at the same time the timing belt and all of the old hoses.
                          Along with that the coolant was flushed and all the rotors were re-machined. And alot more done.

I don't have the luxury of having a turbo (Stupid p-plate laws), or even the awd on mine and I think the ac belt tensioner is about to go.
                          Mine's done 258k though
                          1997 b5 Audi A4 Avant
                          - P Plater

Comment

Ah yeah had my tentioner done to :|

yeah the P plate laws are abit extreme, also a P plater here, but i think its alittle more lean in Vic, This was one of a small few of turbo cars i could drive and not be police bait.. Probably prefer afew tickets over the maintain/upgrade prices haha

But damn are they nice to drive, once your back moulds into the seats (although the older gen seats are more comfortable in my opinion) its all good

If i can be bothered finding the list for the major i'll go through it lol

Comment

I've got my list
                              You're lucky though as you have a newer one, I've got a pre-facelift and there's this little squeak that I can't find that you can't ignore once you hear it.
                              The seats are more supportive than others but not as comfy as the merc
                              Got a few problems lurking around that I'll come around to fixing later on as I don't have the time or money to do it but she's developed another leak which I can't track down due to the plumbing and the actual height of the car.
                              1997 b5 Audi A4 Avant
                              - P Plater

Comment

Working...
                              X