Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S13 Project Build - It Will Be MAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hells yes! Engine and gear box has arrived

IMAG0686.jpgIMAG0687.jpg
    JDMman
    Frangipani
    Last edited by JDMman; 20-01-2013, 03:25 PM.
    sigpic

check out my S13!

http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...It-Will-Be-MAD!

Comment

Originally posted by evil80e View Post
      more headaces then its worth, i mean if you 13 dash is completly gutted ( like mine haha ) pulling it out to replace with another s13 dash usually takes about an hour to get out then 8 hours to put the new one in lol, there is actually a guide online for s13 dash replacment, if you swap out for an s15 dash its alot of work i dont even want to think about it lmao...
      Yeah I hear its a huge job to get the dash out and then put a new one in. I'm about to do it next week.

Comment

okay so its been a long time so this is a bit of an up date on how everything is going!

this is what it was like before.... (sad old and on its last legs)

this is what it looked like after a hard day of work down in the shed....

and this is what me and my mates have done on another hard day at work ....

the end result.... one awesome job well done!

it went from an sr20de that was in need of alot of love to a JDM s15 spec R sr20det.
        JDMman
        Frangipani
        Last edited by JDMman; 20-01-2013, 03:28 PM.
        sigpic

check out my S13!

Comment

Just awesome.
          Originally posted by ThePossum
          Its always made me feel uneasy, like I'm about to get bent over a pool table and take an exhaust, in my exhaust.
          Originally posted by blitz
          make it low with some stance
          Originally posted by Cal
          I miss him, now we can only comment on each others facebook statuses saying each other are gay
          Moist.

Comment

thanks mate! im loving it!!!
            sigpic

check out my S13!

Comment

Jealous of that motor... Nice work. : P
              Damn you kaka krabby patty!

._/_____________\_.
              (OO/ - . . . . - \OO)

Comment

haha thanks! i was very lucky to get it and so cheep! :P
                sigpic

check out my S13!

Comment

got my genuine R34 GTR seats today! im so happy with them they feel so good and hold you in rely well when taking corners fast, ill post up some photos tomorrow of them installed in the car and how i did it

dem seats!!!
                  sigpic

check out my S13!

Comment

Originally posted by JDMman View Post
                    haha thanks! i was very lucky to get it and so cheep! :P
                    The question is... What's "Cheap"? they cost roughly 3,500 for spec R motors over here in the states...

._/_____________\_.
                    (OO/ - . . . . - \OO)

Comment

Awesome update man. I would've loved R32 GTR seats but the price tag scared me off.
                      That spec r SR20s gonna be a lot of fun compared to the DE.
                      Originally posted by ADowbs
                      He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                      sigpic
                      My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

Originally posted by MetalS13 View Post
                        The question is... What's "Cheap"? they cost roughly 3,500 for spec R motors over here in the states...
                        i got the engine, gear box, upgraded stainless exhaust manifold, ecu wiring harness, air filter the hole lot for $2500, i got everything so cheep because it was out of my mates spec R witch he was wrecking due to a tree falling on it and he needed money fast for a new car. and every thing is in excellent condition
                        sigpic

check out my S13!

Comment

Originally posted by villain View Post
                          Awesome update man. I would've loved R32 GTR seats but the price tag scared me off.
                          That spec r SR20s gonna be a lot of fun compared to the DE.
                          haha yer man all the GTR seats are so expensive if you want them in good condition! but i rely wanted seats that would hold me really well when taking tight cornering and track use but still make the car look stockish and clean so i found thease R34 GTR seats on gumtree for $1300 and i had to get them! haha i installed them today and man.... they are amazing!!! hahah yes im rely loving my car allot more now i have a good amount of power the car is runing like a dream! you will haft to check it out at the next Brisbane MCM meet i want to see your beast!!!
                          sigpic

check out my S13!

Comment

how did you go putting the 34 seats in, you weld the rails?
                            [ officially not an S-Chassis owner for the first time in 12 years - feel like a meth head with no crack ]

ArkLaTex Drift on mightycarmods click here!!!

[WARNING] Bogan Aussie Content Inside [WARNING]
                            this is what i have to post about in between building weapon s13's

Comment

Originally posted by Kurtis View Post
                              how did you go putting the 34 seats in, you weld the rails?
                              it was so easy man all the bolt points match besides the outer rear one, all i did was make up a bracket out of a nice big thick bit of steel to extend them, i dident want to weld as it makes the steel weaker and if i ever want to sell the seats i will get more money if everything is unmodified.
                              sigpic

check out my S13!

Comment

Originally posted by JDMman View Post
                                my mates spec R witch he was wrecking due to a tree falling on it and he needed money fast for a new car.
                                Ouch... That one stung the heart a little bit.

Damn good deal on the motor though! That's S14 sr price territory for a MUCH better motor. Good buy man!

._/_____________\_.
                                (OO/ - . . . . - \OO)

Comment

Working...
                                X