Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gabe's "Project Vader"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabe's "Project Vader"

So I got my project car the other day and needless to say, I'm pretty excited. Got lots of plans for this car, starting with taking it back to a stock look, and then tastefully mod it and hopefully do most of it on my own or with mates... that's the plan anyway.

On to the car though:

It's a 1994 Nissan R33 Gts-t Skyline (series 1), black in colour and has some mods on it already. But to the pictures...

All these pictures were taken the first day it was technically mine.

The interior is in need of a bit of repair, but not to a ridiculous extent; mostly wear and tear stuff from age. Driver's side door innards (whatever that's called), passenger side electric window switch and clean up would do most of the obvious stuff.

The electrics in the car are lacking unfortunately. A bit of dodgy wiring from the previous owner and more wear and tear will require me to pretty much take a look at everything inside the car and most likely re-do it or fix it in some way. But the car has power to all necessary accessories.

And most importantly the engine. RB25det w/ 110,xxx on the clock in pretty good condition. It's been sitting around for a while so a major service is in order, flush everything I can and safeguard the important part of the car from avoidable faults. Still goes really well, but has a lot of potential still. Taking off some of the previous mods and replacing them and cleaning the lot.

What do you think of it?
    Last edited by Gabe; 04-09-2012, 02:42 AM.
    Daewoo Nubira: Sold
    Mazda 3: now bro's car
    R33 Skyline: Project
    VX commy S: Sold
    Mazda 323 Astina SP20: Daily

Originally posted by MrSheep
    You can tell this movie is awesome because it has "2" in the title, in place of the word "to".

God I want a skyline! Thats one thing I hate about america......we dont get them!

Nice car bro.

Comment

sweet skyline mate
      2002 Black Holden Commodore VX SERIES 2 S PACK

Comment

Originally posted by SlidewaysS14 View Post
        God I want a skyline! Thats one thing I hate about america......we dont get them!

Nice car bro.
        Yea, I know. I really love these cars I don't get why you never got them. Annoying finding a nice tuning company based in America that doesn't have anything for these vehicles.

Originally posted by Holden Vx View Post
        sweet skyline mate
        Thanks man. You got good taste in cars

You can tell this movie is awesome because it has "2" in the title, in place of the word "to".

Comment

first actual "modification" was done. Took off the rear wing. Didn't want it on the end product so it's gotta go!
          Probs gonna sell it for some small amount of money. Just gaffa taped up the holes and it's good to go. Admittedly doesn't look as good. But it was necessary.

Comment

I've left this thread as dead as a dodo. Sadly, that's coz nothing's changing or even happening with it. Sitting around on a field for ages, then got moved. That's it.

On a positive note, I do have these for it:

Comment

Not a lot has happened to the car in ages. Been working on my daily trying to get it finished before I got too involved with this project. A couple things have happened though:

First of all the steering wheel changed. Didn't want other people's hand juice on my steering wheel. So I changed it up to a better looking one for now.

Got the "old" better rims off 'er and put on stockies with crap rubber. Just to move it from A --> B. Looks very stock-ish now.

Battery also died and revived, and headunit was completely taken out. might take a pic of that. But it's just bare. Runs pretty well still considering its state.

edit: just remembered that 45 degree days and low black tinted non air conditioned cars aren't that fun together
              Last edited by Gabe; 09-01-2013, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Dude that has some potential! BUILD!!!
                Idiot YouTube comment of the day brought to you by YouTube - a place where grammar and common sense go to die.

sigpic

Comment

The potential is certainly there. But unfortunately I can't legally drive it for another 9 months. That's around $750 worth of rego and about 3k for the body work
                  But I got a quote the other day for a 260kw tune. Around 1.5k

So I can do it... Just dunno what to do next

Comment

Update: I have been meaning to update this a lot more regularly, but quitting my job and Uni starting up again meant that I am one poor mofo. That coupled with me losing interest in the project rapidly means I'll probably sell the skyline to get a bit of money towards something else. Have lots of plans, but doubt any will make it to fruition. :/

Comment

Come get it, brah. It's an amazing base. Less than 110k km on the clock, have a rear bar extra and rims that fit nicely (in the OP) 8 and 9 inches wide staggered set up.

Going to buy mum a kitchen with the money, so I'd prefer food on the table to a second car, y'know.

Comment

Yeah man I feel ya, I'm leaving for university in like 6 months and I want to buy an Acura RSX so at least i have a somewhat new and reliable car to work on after I finish.
                        Idiot YouTube comment of the day brought to you by YouTube - a place where grammar and common sense go to die.

sigpic

Comment

It is still fun to drive up and down my street. Get a good feeling when it hits boost, will be tough either way. But I used to drive her daily, so maybe it's time to see how I feel with another performance car project.

Comment

Don't sell it mate :'( But if you have to then that's the way life goes I guess. I wouldn't sell mine, even if I have to have some crap box daily I wouldn't sell my Skyline. I am not trying to make you feel bad, but you have a car that so many people want, it looks good, it has low kilometres for it's age, and it has potential.

Anyway, I'll let you make the decision. What's the situation regarding it now?
                            Originally posted by SL1DE
                            Rear wheel drive > front wheel drive.
                            Originally posted by m3ntyl
                            In my town there are two demographics, people with jobs, and people with Commodores.
                            Everybody else has a link to their cars, so I'll just put this here: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-GTS-T-Skyline

sigpic http://i.imgur.com/tYDtteR.jpg

Comment

Yeah, strangely enough I had a change of heart recently, Chow.

Before I wasn't sure about the rego laws regarding re-registering vehicles; and I was trying to get an exemption for it, too. Because of all that, I kept paying rego and what not, plus as I think I wrote already, a mate had to borrow it coz his car shat itself.

Anyway, being turned down the exemption (from a car I used to drive daily) it's no longer costing me any money, so I'm keeping it.

RB25 is easily one of the best sounding engines, it has potential, and I'm not gonna lie. The attention, both good and bad make the car appealing. Also driving along seeing other Skyline drivers give a wave or a peace sign; it's just the best feeling.

All up? Keeping her. She'll be used on a weekend basis, never really parked anywhere for long. I have a daily car.

Hoping to make 280+Kw atw, but 300 is a nice round number.

Comment

Working...
                              X