Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HONKYTONK'S 1999 Holden Rodeo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sticker guy made this up for me tonight hahaha! 900mm x 400mm So keen to put it on the rear window :P

sigpic
    SLAYING THE COVENANT SINCE 2001

Check out my ute build here, from bogan BNS ute to mad 4x4

Originally posted by bassdee
    shaking worse than michael j fox on a paint mixer.
    Originally posted by Hound
    Yeah guuize, im in bed with my missus too.. Palmela Handerson and I are having a great time.

Comment

http://www.turbosmartdirect.com.au/p...r300400-be.htm

Been doing some research into pipe reducers as next week I'm going to plan re-plumbing the air feed from the air box / snorkel to the turbo to neaten it up a bit.

Been thinking rather then making some ugly expensive pipe lead using OTS parts, I'm going to buy the reducer and have a section of exhaust pipe made up to replace the plastic shit thats there currently.
      Last edited by HONKYTONK; 25-10-2012, 11:25 PM.
      sigpic

Yeah guuize, im in bed with my missus too.. Palmela Handerson and I are having a great time.

Comment

I didn't know they had rednecks outside of the US...O.o

Mind thoroughly blown.
        2011 Impreza " The Turboturtle" Build Log
        "Thou shalt not go stage 2 if thou hasn't installedeth a downpipe, unless thy wantest a checketh engine light. Lo, thou who installedeth a downpipe and has not tunedeth to stage 2 shall face thine engine's wrath, for thy dash shall become illuminated and proclaim "Hark, thou hast slain me", so sayeth the ECU." -LeftBehind, IWSTI

Comment

Originally posted by orestes85 View Post
          I didn't know they had rednecks outside of the US...O.o

Mind thoroughly blown.
          We even have a once a year get together where it's just utes, tits, mud, rednecks and a shitload of drinking and country music. Hahaha good fun mate. Cheers for checking out my thread, I promise it will get more interesting as I work on the engine lol
          sigpic

Comment

Okay guys, major re-think. I'm stripping all the BNS stuff off and selling the parts to help fund building the ute back to its former glory.

sigpic

Comment

The reason for this is mainly that the comradery that surrounds the BNS ute scene is dying off, and more an more issues are popping up including things like defectable parts, people ending up in jail, and constantly being referred to as an inbred which is for many reasons utterly stupid.

All of this asside, no, I am not giving in to "haters" as you'll soon see; I am simply adopting a new style for my ute. I need the ute to be more practical and at present its not even close. With the amount of spares I already have this will be quite simple to undertake and I believe the results will look even better than my photoshop.

Also, for anyone who's asked about the sticker removal, here's a run-down.

-The sticker above the driver and passenger doors saying "Aaron Duke James" will stay.
              -The "Good Ol' Boy" sticker is staying
              -The "If it feels good do it!" Sticker is staying as I am a member of a charity organisation.
              -The huge red sticker I had sent to me for my rear window is yet to be applied, but it's staying for good.

I am also keeping some interior details I have done, and re-building my door pannels. I can't completely throw away this utes short history in the BNS scene, as shes come a long way and won or placed at multiple shows. I will continue to help raise money for charity as it's something I love to do. But I'm thinking of settling down shortly and I believe that a BNS ute doesn't promote strong family values. That and if I were to drive to Melbourne I am absolutely sure I would be defected for something stupid. Hence I'm making the change, and believe me I am very excited about it
              sigpic

Comment

Okay guys, another update.

Thought I'd give you a bit of history on my ute and a look back at what it has looked like in its past lives.

This is what it looked like when I got it, fairly plain with an 80 series landcruiser bar modified to fit. This thing was a certified Kangaroo Mallet, nothing bounced over it hahaha!

The ute at it's first show in Feb of 2011. I took home first place in the "Best Feral" category, considerring the ute had rear mudflaps from a Kalari Truck, the 80 series bar and a Hilux Roll bar this won the judges over. Not to mention the countless dents and tailgate coverred in trully tasteless slogans.

I have done a few shows now and love being a part of the charity organisation "If it Feels Good Do It!" But I feel it's time to give the old girl a new persona anyway on to the fun stuff and the pics I'm sure anyone who's actually taken two tenths of a second to give a shit about this thread is dying to see.

My stickers came in today, gotta love my sticker guy, efficient and works to my needs without fail.

You probably can't make it out too well but the three smaller stickers to the bottom left are my URL swatches for my sticker page on facebook. I'm putting the red one on my rear view mirror once I've given it a touch up with prepsol. New pics this weekend.

The other two colour swatches were sent as referencing scales for any of my customers, they turned out great and are distributed free of charge with any order.
                Again, so stoked my designs are getting out there, hence the new sticker to help promote the page. BTW it's a not for profit "like" page because the BNS scene is all for fun essentially. That said there are insane profits to be made, but providing stickers for a reasonable price, fully customizable designs etc. is what I set out to do, and I have succeeded.

I have also been talking to a guy in the Melbourne area about getting a custom grille like this one made up. Now i know it looks like it came straight off ebay, however this is custom made. Essentially and after market chrome grille package is purchased, then a centre grille patch is welded up and seam fitted, unlike the kit from ebay that fits rather poorly. Cost of this little puppy is $400 bucks. Steep, **** yes, care factor........optimistically low lmao!

Oh and yeah, I've never given into these so called "haters" instead I'll show you my favourite appendage.......

sigpic

Comment

Those are some big ass stickers. Love em. you need to slap em on there so we can see em. I like the grill too, hope you get it on yours. and as for your favorite appendage, what are the odds, that's my favorite too. Keep up the good work. i would love to see more.
                  Really
                  Imaginative
                  Car
                  Enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Avirex View Post
                    Those are some big ass stickers. Love em. you need to slap em on there so we can see em. I like the grill too, hope you get it on yours. and as for your favorite appendage, what are the odds, that's my favorite too. Keep up the good work. i would love to see more.
                    Thanks mate, hope you liked the photoshop I did. Theres obviously a lot more to come. Thinking of seeing an exhaust guy next week to start mapping out a better lead in from my air box to my turbo and ****ing off all the old shitty thermoformed / seam welded plastic shit. Should be a bit of fun.
                    sigpic

Comment

TRDLZR? hahahaha oh **** I must look like such a post whore! I've been very active here lately, but with the miriad of younger enthusiasts flocking in, some of which have genuine questions and some mechanical know how, I can't help but give some advice.

Also guys watch this space, this weekend should see some sweet pics of the ute! I'm sure anyonw following the thread would love to see the cockpit :P
                      sigpic

Comment

The rodeo will certainly look different with all of the stickes removed, it kind of feels like some of its personality is being removed. Have to say I'm a bit surprised at your change of heart regarding the BNS style of your ute, should look mad with that new grille though.
                        VICS kicked in yo!

My Granny-spec 323 (soon to be turbocharged) : http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...zda-323-Astina

Fluttershy is the best pony

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hypercain3 View Post
                          The rodeo will certainly look different with all of the stickes removed, it kind of feels like some of its personality is being removed. Have to say I'm a bit surprised at your change of heart regarding the BNS style of your ute, should look mad with that new grille though.
                          Yeah I know mate it is a bit sadenning but the tradition has changed. Too many people making it hell so I'm beginning to think I will no longer associate myself as a BNS ute owner, rather someone who goes to such events.

Thanks for the feedback mate! I'm looking into that grill hey! I love it when people from the mini truck scene look at my ute and don't have a fowl word to say, instead they want to help out. That's what a true enthusiast is!

By the way, everytime I see new traffic on my thread I am honestly like this:

Woohoo, woohoo indeed
                          sigpic

Comment

I think you should buy an old beater of a ute and convert it to BNS, cause although the scene is changing, I just can't see you driving a "normal" looking ute.
                            VICS kicked in yo!

My Granny-spec 323 (soon to be turbocharged) : http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...zda-323-Astina

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hypercain3 View Post
                              I think you should buy an old beater of a ute and convert it to BNS, cause although the scene is changing, I just can't see you driving a "normal" looking ute.
                              To be honest mate I'm over the BNS look all together. I'd rather build a mini truck to be honest, but the '70 Chevelle is the next project, when I get around to sorting that out. First thing on the cards is finishing uni, then getting a proper job lmao!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HONKYTONK View Post
                                To be honest mate I'm over the BNS look all together. I'd rather build a mini truck to be honest, but the '70 Chevelle is the next project, when I get around to sorting that out. First thing on the cards is finishing uni, then getting a proper job lmao!!!
                                Fair enough, a Chevelle would make a sick project car, you buying a decent condition one or going for a full restoration job?
                                VICS kicked in yo!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X