Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HONKYTONK'S 1999 Holden Rodeo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hypercain3 View Post
    Fair enough, a Chevelle would make a sick project car, you buying a decent condition one or going for a full restoration job?
    Faded paint and surface rust would be prefect, perhaps a rolling shell coz I'm slapping a crate in regardless. I hate filling rust holes :P

Anyway here's some more progress. I just checked with my dad and we still have the old bar centre from this comp bar dad made a few years back, so I'll just weld the body tags back on and I have a winch ready to go. Only issue is the control box has packed it in, so I may get it inspected by an auto elec, from there I've gotta figure out where to put it hahaha I have a rough idea, perhaps behind the spot lamps but i may have enough room, still gotta size it up.

Please disregard the aluminium side fittings, dad made them to be removable so I actually no longer have them any more.
    sigpic
    SLAYING THE COVENANT SINCE 2001

Check out my ute build here, from bogan BNS ute to mad 4x4

Originally posted by bassdee
    shaking worse than michael j fox on a paint mixer.
    Originally posted by Hound
    Yeah guuize, im in bed with my missus too.. Palmela Handerson and I are having a great time.

Comment

I just bought some new stickers for my ute because my girlfriend thought they'd look cute on my rear window.........

Are you ready?

I don't think you are........

WAHBAM!!! Take it in folks! Hahahaha! My Family stickers!

Oh lord I can feel you all cringing from here hahahaha!
      sigpic

Yeah guuize, im in bed with my missus too.. Palmela Handerson and I are having a great time.

Comment

I thought you were going to make it clean, you know, fresh white, etc..

WHAT HAPPENED.

Comment

Originally posted by ndh795 View Post
          I thought you were going to make it clean, you know, fresh white, etc..

WHAT HAPPENED.
          My family stickers go on the rear window dude lmao, she'll be as smooth as home made rum you best believe it :P
          sigpic

Comment

Haha. Gotta love the myfamily stickers :P
            How many KWs do they add?
            Current ride: TJ Sports Magna

Low and slow

©™INDUCTION SUCTION©™
            AWW YEEEEEH

Comment

Originally posted by Mistah JT View Post
              Haha. Gotta love the myfamily stickers :P
              How many KWs do they add?
              They add brownie points in the bedroom does that count?
              sigpic

Comment

added Kw to the bedroom? shit that's the best kind of added kw. I've seen alot of the those family sticker sets, first time i've seen ones like yours.
                Really
                Imaginative
                Car
                Enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Avirex View Post
                  added Kw to the bedroom? shit that's the best kind of added kw. I've seen alot of the those family sticker sets, first time i've seen ones like yours.
                  Glad someone appreciates what I do hahaha. Since this is my thread, the night I showed my girl the ones I wanted, me and her as cowpokes, she was so excited and boy did we have a fun night hahaha! She's a saint that girl

Now for those that don't like the new stickers, refer to the image of my favourite apendage until you start to understand how little I care for your opinion. :P

Ahh haters, they make life worth living lol. Can't do shit to my ute without pissing someone off. Teehee, suck it up boys.....
                  sigpic

Comment

MASSIVE SUPER AWESOME HAPPY UPDATE!

Hey guys, I hope you're ready for some piccys to look at because I have a bunch of them!

Had a MAAAAD weekend at the Robertstown Ute Muster, here's how she looked when all dressed up:

Before the show^^^

At the show^^^

New Rear window stickers:

The interior at present:

That chrome do-icky was only in for the show, I threw it in the passenger foot well "trash pile" until later.

Twin UHF Radios^^^

They had these official "The Hangover" Hangover cure things at the Deni Ute Muster this year. Tasted pretty good and christ did they work! So I whacked a chain on it to remember the apy hangover I had at Deni lmao.

New rear view mirror sticker:

So, following the ute show, whose results were less than desired I got back to my mates place and got stuck in to tearing all the BNS shit off the ute.

Already looking a lot better, and driving a lot nicer too, perhaps there's less wind resistance? BBJC's (Big Bodykitted Japanese Cars) could learn from this example lmao!

Progress will be slow guys, uni is getting bloody ridiculous lately so stop by the thread to have a look when you like

sigpic

Comment

Been looking into replacing my dirvers side guard as I want to keep it as a memento, that plus its covered in shitty paint and full of dents, easy enough to replace. Got an idea of the price via ebay but I might try and get one locally which may yet prove to be easier.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-HOLDEN-TF-RODEO-GUARD-QUARTER-PANEL-FENDER-97-03-/170697096544?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item 27be56fd60&_uhb=1#ht_2373wt_906

So I've decided to keep the tailgate and drivers side wing panel as mementos to hang in the shed, there both past it anyway so I'll get stuck into fixing it all up.
                      sigpic

Comment

EDIT: Posted the same thing twice. Stupid ass service provider sucks!
                        sigpic

Comment

Lol, nice man. A little to many stickers for me personally, not counting the new one and the family one. Love those two. I am loving the front though. That thing looks like it could drive through a brick hurricane. Super badass.

When MCM did the zombie episode, they should just used your truck. It's already zombie proof.

Love it.
                          Really
                          Imaginative
                          Car
                          Enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Avirex View Post
                            Lol, nice man. A little to many stickers for me personally, not counting the new one and the family one. Love those two. I am loving the front though. That thing looks like it could drive through a brick hurricane. Super badass.

When MCM did the zombie episode, they should just used your truck. It's already zombie proof.

Love it.
                            Thats exactly what I said during that episode hahaha! And yeah majority of the stickers are coming off, gotta get replacement pannels here and there too.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just oprganised a stock replacement front bumper for 50 bucks so the ute will look like this for a while:

Only while I build the competition bar for it though :P Actual pic updates should be expected mid to late December

Just a tad excited :P
                              Last edited by HONKYTONK; 07-11-2012, 03:54 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Found this wrecker on gumtree. Turns out, as I had suspected I've already seen it up close. It;s a v6 model but it has a lot of useful parts so I;m going to grab what I can. There charging half the price of Adelaide's major wreckers, City Dismantlers!

So far I've managed to get prices on the drivers side front guard at $85 and the radio antenna at $10 bucks! I barely listen to the radio, this is true but it is a luxury when you don't have it lol. Better ten then the ridiculous $35 for a new one!

I'm also looking at the rear passenger side window regulator, as mines ****ed. the tray should be $200 that is if I get it. Mines heavily dented but I may try repair it as best I can. I do like that tray though, no rust and in great nick! I'll get picks when I pop out and grab some parts.

If only it wasn't a v6 I'd grab the diff as I'm certain its a different ratio, hence fitting it to the diesel is a bad idea.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X