Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bretto's rodeo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bretto's rodeo

gday this is my rodeo

about 3 months ago i was after a second hand ute. requirements were - dual cab, turbo diesel, 4wd, and thats about it. then along came this tidy number - a '96 tf rodeo, 2.8 turbo diesel, already fitted with a TJM Tourer Top canopy, TJM alloy winch bar and a Hayman Reese towbar, bought it off some bloke for an extremely cheap figure - about 3 grand under market value - because it was running like a bag of shite and he had been quoted $2000 by his "mechanic" to remove the injector pump and reseal it. I'm a diesel fitter by trade so, half a day later and $4.60 for a injector pump drive shaft seal and it was back to behaving how it should.

the day after i picked it up

metalic green paint

the main use for this ute is going to be camping and fishing trips, so a few mods were called for.

first up were the spotties and uhf

then a set of twin thermo fans from a ef falcon with a davies craig thermo controller. (havent got pics of this at the moment)
    Last edited by komaterpillar; 20-12-2012, 01:44 AM.
    you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter

rolly the rodeo
    http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...bretto-s-rodeo

then i got these muddies really cheap - 245 75r16 (equivalent to a 31 inch tyre) maxxis bighorn's fitted to 16x7 inch sunraysia's

off of this

and fitted with a 2 inch suspension lift front and rear and front sway bar removed to get greater axle articulation, all this gave me an extra 3 inches of ground clearance because the new tyres were 2 inches taller than the originals

before

after

other things i've done since ive had it are,
    changed every oil front to rear
    new nozzles and needles in injectors plus reset cracking pressure
    valve set
    wound up fuel rack screw on injector pump quarter of a turn
    wound up star wheel on boost aneroid on injector pump eighth of a turn
    wound up boost pressure to 12 pounds
    new shockies front and rear
    replaced front wheel bearings
    replaced front upper and lower ball joints

future plans include
    fit an intercooler
    3 inch dump pipe from turbo
    fit locker to front diff (happening real soon, ordered a "LOKKA" auto locker from www.4wdsystems.com.au should be there when i get home from this hitch, i work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, fly in fly out)
    snorkel
    2 inch body lift
    dual battery set up
    aircompressor and tank for airing up and down tyres for beach work

and thats my ride
    Last edited by komaterpillar; 19-12-2012, 04:14 PM.

rolly the rodeo

Comment

looking good man
      SENT FROM THE NISMO BADGE ON MY MICRA

Comment

Thanks mate!

rolly the rodeo

Comment

4X4 modding... maaaadd

Gonna be a worthy truck when your done!
          sigpic
          _'03 Mazda 323 Astina Shades __________________________________________________ ________NG Images - My Facebook Page

Comment

anyone got any suggestions on what i should do next?

was thinking something along the lines of either
            - xr6 turbo intercooler top mounted with the wider current shape hilux scoop
            or - setting up dual batteries and a compressor for on board air and other stuff (already have a 8 litre tank)
            or - winch and winch cradle
            or - respray tub, canopy, and tailgate (paints faded on canopy, stone chips on tailgate, and tub needs a tidy up)
            or - body lift (already have electric fans fitted)
            or - snorkel (don't plan on doing any creek crossings any time soon)
            or - big zorst with dump pipe from the turbo (i don't want it to sound like a tractor)

any input appreciated, what are everyones thoughts?

rolly the rodeo

Comment

Very nice I really like the color

Comment

cheers mate

rolly the rodeo

Comment

that in drift would be priceless ahah
                  I drive a lose by a mile because I built my own car, then win by an inch because someone else builted for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. - Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Ohhhhh what a lovely rodeo! it is what I look for in a car! Diesel, capable offroad and fun to drive! These things are good cars, we had one ourselves, a 2005 LX petrol on LPG. It was a capable car, but a little uncomfortable in the back seats :P

The sunrasyia wheels are popular amongst offroaders, you can tell a 4by owner in the know by those wheels :P Very nice car, I'd tackle the intercooler first, and I think you could give the tub and whatnot a tidy up too since it won't be a large job.

As JDM as Sauerkraut

1994 Audi 80 V5 Quattro
                    1997 Audi A4 1.8
                    1994 Mercedes-Benz C180
                    1989 Mercedes-Benz 300CE
                    1994 Mercedes-Benz C220
                    1992 Mercedes-Benz 400SEL
                    1994 Mercedes-Benz S420
                    1997 BMW 525i
                    1982 Mercedes-Benz 280E
                    1995 Mercedes-Benz E320
                    Future:
                    I need to stop buying cars...

Comment

i think the xr6 turbo intercooler top mounted with the wider current shape hilux scoop would be a good idea for the truck
                      SENT FROM THE NISMO BADGE ON MY MICRA

Comment

gday all

been busy last coupla days building building building

was getting sick of hearing toolboxes slide around in the back of the ute and also when we go camping, having to unpack half the ute to get something from the front So i started looking for ideas for building a false floor and a set of draws for the back of the ute. this is what i came up with

and

then i forgot about pics for the next couple of hours, but this was next

and this

pretty happy with the result, considering my limited woodworking skills

cheers bretto

rolly the rodeo

Comment

sickest mod to date - just ordered mcm stickers

rolly the rodeo

Comment

gday all - *update*

flew home from work yesterday and found mcm stickers waiting i the letterbox for me woop woop, love having prezzies waiting when i get home Its been raining pretty hard core here while i was away and still is, so had to wait for a dry bit to throw the stickers on.

then, when i first did the suspension lift i had the rear sitting level with the front. but whenever i had a bit of a load in the back it sagged and looked pox cause the front was way up in the air, so in went another inch of lift to the rear via extended shackles (the first 2 inches is with reset spring packs). So now i've got 2 inches of lift front and 3 inches rear. Then the obligatory shoe test was performed and pics were taken.

front

rear

Attached Files

rolly the rodeo

Comment

got a side awning today, its gonna be mad for day trips or when we've gotta pull up somewhere overnight on long trips. takes like 2 minutes to set up.

and takes like 4 minutes to pack up.

rolly the rodeo

Comment

Working...
                              X