Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-Rex57's V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of new pics from a trip to the beach today. Great day!

Definitely thinking the wheels need to be the same dark grey as the rear bumper insert, or perhaps that Subaru grey with the gold fleck in. The top pic has my MCM bumper repair job on (right side front bumper). Turned out awesome
    Last edited by T-Rex57; 04-01-2013, 12:19 PM.
    3.7L VQ37VHR Nissan 370z(The Raptor)
    5.7L LS1 VY Calais (The Brontosaurus) → FOR SALE ←

Comment

Get some Whiteline Swaybars, they should help with the body roll... coilovers are stupidly expensive for commodores (like $2000+ for the cheapies).

V6 needs twin turbo, or its just another turbo commy
      Regards - Samantha XOXO
      2001 VX Commodore

Originally posted by brian_rs/ss
      modded auto's are the tits. but i still love playing with my stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren-dog View Post
        Get some Whiteline Swaybars, they should help with the body roll... coilovers are stupidly expensive for commodores (like $2000+ for the cheapies).

V6 needs twin turbo, or its just another turbo commy

It's a supercharger actually. Zero lag ftw!

Also, I think I'm in love:

Comment

I had to look twice to confirm it was a SC, lol. To used to the oem ones on commos.

Those wheels look sweet.
          Regards - Samantha XOXO
          2001 VX Commodore

Originally posted by brian_rs/ss
          modded auto's are the tits. but i still love playing with my stick.

Comment

Car looks great! We need more cars like this in the EU! How much power is the car currently producing?

Comment

great car ,love the black wheels
              SENT FROM THE NISMO BADGE ON MY MICRA

Comment

Originally posted by TGA View Post
                Car looks great! We need more cars like this in the EU! How much power is the car currently producing?
                Thanks TGA, to be honest I have no idea. When the car was stock it was 235kw at the flywheel from factory, I haven't had it on a dyno to check.

I need to get a retune soon on a dyno due to it running very rich, I'll give you a figure once that is done. I'm not expecting much more than 200rwkw. It does get up and boogie quite well for a tank though!

Comment

Originally posted by T-Rex57
                  Thanks TGA, to be honest I have no idea. When the car was stock it was 235kw at the flywheel from factory, and I haven't had it on a dyno to check it's figure now.

I need to get a retune soon on a dyno due to it running very rich, I'll give you a figure once that is done. I'm not expecting much more than 200rwkw. It does get up and boogie quite well for a land yacht though!
                  I bet it's a heavy car as well isn't it?

Comment

Yep very much so, it weighs in at 1,590 kg (3,500 lb). Big dino!

Comment

Looks great mate, glad to see another clean looking commodore on the forums. Hopefully we can slowly show that some commodore owners are tasteful!

Comment

Thanks Slaebe!

Do any adelaiders know where I can get some diff gears installed? I've got a set of 3.91:1 ratio gears sitting here doing nothing right now

Comment

Added Senator boot garnish, genuine part of course!

Next, wheels to be painted in Subaru BRZ 61K Dark Gray Metallic, tint, and roof done in 3m 1080 Carbon vinyl

Comment

Booked in for tint, since my own attempts at tint were an utter failure.

Never been so excited to put some darkly covered film on my car!

Comment

Just ordered 6 cans of matte black plastidip for the roof, because impulse buy.

Comment

Looks a bit odd with the Clubby bar and the Calais bonnet strip... But I kinda like it, it kinda looks like a Senator thats even more pissed off :P

Those Black wheels look MINT! Can I sense a Stormtroopered Calais in the near future?
                                Now drives a girl's car
                                Originally posted by ThePossum
                                Furious masturbation, the cure to all life's problems, passes time nicely too.
                                Originally posted by Squirt
                                And BIGZED, phwoar. He is 1 cheeky kunt m8. I could easy wrek him 1v1.
                                Originally posted by LikeABoss
                                Welcome to the bogan side, heres your complimentary can of VB, a kick to mouth to remove most of your teeth and a makita angle grinder for that extra low.

Comment

Working...
                                X