Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-Rex57's V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cars looking mint mate! love the kit, looks legit! hahah unlike all the rip off's we got here (vic) + those blaaaaack wheels look intense!!

_coolstorybro_

A Work In Progress

2009 Ford FG XR8 Ute
    5.4 Litre BOSS
    K&N Drop In Filter
    FPV 6 Spd Manual Gearbox
    FPV High Flow Cats
    FPV Extractors
    Minor Tune on Premium
    @ 267rwkw

Comment

Originally posted by BIGZED View Post
      Looks a bit odd with the Clubby bar and the Calais bonnet strip... But I kinda like it, it kinda looks like a Senator thats even more pissed off :P

Those Black wheels look MINT! Can I sense a Stormtroopered Calais in the near future?
      Sure can if funds permit this year.

I thought about removing the calais bonnet strip, but then thought, **** it, I like it on there Same thing with the Senator garnish too, I basically put what I like on haha. I just make sure it's genuine stuff.
      3.7L VQ37VHR Nissan 370z(The Raptor)
      5.7L LS1 VY Calais (The Brontosaurus) → FOR SALE ←

Comment

I will agree, I like it too :P
        Now drives a girl's car
        Originally posted by ThePossum
        Furious masturbation, the cure to all life's problems, passes time nicely too.
        Originally posted by Squirt
        And BIGZED, phwoar. He is 1 cheeky kunt m8. I could easy wrek him 1v1.
        Originally posted by LikeABoss
        Welcome to the bogan side, heres your complimentary can of VB, a kick to mouth to remove most of your teeth and a makita angle grinder for that extra low.

Comment

Please sir... I want some more
          big frangipani stickers +10kw, red painted calipers +25kw........ MAAAD im set to drag race!

Comment

Small update: car tinted.

Bit miffed that you're not allowed to tint the front window

Comment

you can't just say it's tinted, and not show pics!!
              Loving the car mate
              1996 Mitsubishi FTO GPX Manual

Comment

Hopefully I didn't miss reading something and look like a retard but...
                It's a Calais underneath everything, yeah? And are those black rims the two tone look? Like speedy illusions etc?

Seriously nice car, and tasteful too! Good to know you don't think it's a world beater like so many commodore V8 owners, and you're in Adelaide, too. I'll keep an eye out
                Daewoo Nubira: Sold
                Mazda 3: now bro's car
                R33 Skyline: Project
                VX commy S: Sold
                Mazda 323 Astina SP20: Daily

Originally posted by MrSheep
                You can tell this movie is awesome because it has "2" in the title, in place of the word "to".

Comment

Originally posted by Gabe View Post
                  Hopefully I didn't miss reading something and look like a retard but...
                  It's a Calais underneath everything, yeah? And are those black rims the two tone look? Like speedy illusions etc?

Seriously nice car, and tasteful too! Good to know you don't think it's a world beater like so many commodore V8 owners, and you're in Adelaide, too. I'll keep an eye out
                  Thankyou. Yep it's a Calais underneath, I don't have the black wheels yet. It will depend on how bored I get inbetween now and buying my next car (Polo or Golf GTI later in the year)!

The car is addictively quick in a straight line and hauls pretty well as most LS series V8 cars do, but it's definitely no world beater. It's handily out-performed by newer Fords and Holdens and great cars like the Megane RS, and although the engine can be taken up a notch further and the 3.9 diff gears I've got in the shed would help, newer machines are better.

I've had faster cars and much better handling cars (Z32, 180sx etc) before but I basically bought this as a V8 cruiser, because I had to try it out - my philosophy is don't knock it till you try it. 5 years and 40,000kms later I'm still here with it, but fuel prices are biting so it will have to go.

I'd love to keep it as a weekend sled but don't have the cash.

Edit: Will grab a pic tomorrow
                  Last edited by T-Rex57; 16-01-2013, 08:03 PM.

Comment

A boss car there mate!
                    looking awesome! Enjoy her

Comment

Originally posted by T-Rex57 View Post
                      Thankyou. Yep it's a Calais underneath, I don't have the black wheels yet. It will depend on how bored I get inbetween now and buying my next car (Polo or Golf GTI later in the year)!

The car is addictively quick in a straight line and hauls pretty well as most LS series V8 cars do, but it's definitely no world beater. It's handily out-performed by newer Fords and Holdens and great cars like the Megane RS, and although the engine can be taken up a notch further and the 3.9 diff gears I've got in the shed would help, newer machines are better.

I've had faster cars and much better handling cars (Z32, 180sx etc) before but I basically bought this as a V8 cruiser, because I had to try it out - my philosophy is don't knock it till you try it. 5 years and 40,000kms later I'm still here with it, but fuel prices are biting so it will have to go.

I'd love to keep it as a weekend sled but don't have the cash.

Edit: Will grab a pic tomorrow
                      Oh wow, I was considering a VY Calais as a daily V8 for later. But not now, that was just an "upgrade" of my car. The car I want the most in the world right now is a Polo GTI. You have VERY good taste. I simply don't have the cash for that.

I had a quick go in an SS today. Strange how lazy it is... got to 60 in 1st very easily and didn't seem like it was revving hard at all. Quite a far cry from my Skyline, which feels really fast, even if it's not pulling hard.

Fuel prices are starting to bite? My V6 commy is on empty with 350 km to that tank. It's painful to the soul. I'll be getting rid of it in favour of hopefully a suziki swift sport or BMW 318i or something to that effect. And if that can reliably get me from a-b in comfort and keep a bit more cash in my wallet; then my Skyline will stay as my sunday drive.

You can tell this movie is awesome because it has "2" in the title, in place of the word "to".

Comment

Originally posted by Gabe View Post
                        Oh wow, I was considering a VY Calais as a daily V8 for later. But not now, that was just an "upgrade" of my car. The car I want the most in the world right now is a Polo GTI. You have VERY good taste. I simply don't have the cash for that.

I had a quick go in an SS today. Strange how lazy it is... got to 60 in 1st very easily and didn't seem like it was revving hard at all. Quite a far cry from my Skyline, which feels really fast, even if it's not pulling hard.

Fuel prices are starting to bite? My V6 commy is on empty with 350 km to that tank. It's painful to the soul. I'll be getting rid of it in favour of hopefully a suziki swift sport or BMW 318i or something to that effect. And if that can reliably get me from a-b in comfort and keep a bit more cash in my wallet; then my Skyline will stay as my sunday drive.
                        350 a tank? My old VT didn't drink that hard even on the flat Pepsi known as 91RON :O That said I didn't drive it very hard.

My car currently has a tuning (?) issue I want to fix. Basically backfires like mad under WOT for a bit. Going to replace the sparks and leads once I can figure out how to reach the back ones on the LS1 to try eliminate the problem. I've already replaced the O2 sensors and all filters.

Comment

Replacing leads seems to have fixed the problem! Fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by T-Rex57 View Post
                            350 a tank? My old VT didn't drink that hard even on the flat Pepsi known as 91RON :O That said I didn't drive it very hard.

My car currently has a tuning (?) issue I want to fix. Basically backfires like mad under WOT for a bit. Going to replace the sparks and leads once I can figure out how to reach the back ones on the LS1 to try eliminate the problem. I've already replaced the O2 sensors and all filters.
                            I varied driving from hills runs, to city to suburban short trips. Not a lot of fuel economic driving at all. Ran it on 91/95 depending on the servo I was at. but 450km/tank MAX!
                            It was a manual as well, I think that made it less efficient in such a lump of a car.

But the car's gone now and made way for a nice small hatch. Currently done 220km and 5/8 full still. Using Shell V-Power 98RON

Comment

Yeah fuel is the main reason mine will be going. I love it to bits though

Polo GTI, XR6 T and 2013 Octavia RS are on the cards. All different cars I know

Comment

awesome vy mate love it!!
                                2002 Black Holden Commodore VX SERIES 2 S PACK

Comment

Working...
                                X