Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PotatoSmashers '04 Subaru Liberty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePotatoSmasher View Post
    2.5 Manual - [email protected], 9.3 sec to 100
    3.0 Manual - [email protected], 6.9 sec to 100

So the 3.0 is heaps faster but it's hard to realistically achieve those times in a manual AWD anyway, because you have to take off slower otherwise you'll cook the clutch. Either of these cars would probably be better in Automatic because of this, however I just looked at the automatic version of the 2.5 and it's a full second slower to 100 then the manual. But that would be my reasoning. While the 3.0 is a lot faster the fuel economy drops to crap and used ones are still very expensive, around 15k for a good one. I got mine in mint condition for about 10k so for me the 3.0 wasn't even considered because of my budget.
    Ahhh thanks man, The fact is that it is still a damn nice car!
    I have driven a manual 3.0 and it was pretty fun, had some ridiculous mods for an N/A pushed 171 at the wheels on a dyno a couple of weeks ago
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingtube69 View Post
      Ahhh thanks man, The fact is that it is still a damn nice car!
      I have driven a manual 3.0 and it was pretty fun, had some ridiculous mods for an N/A pushed 171 at the wheels on a dyno a couple of weeks ago
      There's more you can get out of it but like anything you've got to have the cash to do it.
      1982 Toyota Corolla KE70 - Build Thread
      2004 Subaru Liberty Sedan EJ25 5sp Manual - Current Daily Thread
      1994 Toyota Corolla Hatch Csi Ltd. 4AFE 4sp Auto - Sold 25/01/13
      sigpic

Comment

I always thought Australia had the 2.0 version like the JDM ones

So you have a 2.5 non turbo?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePotatoSmasher View Post
          2.5 Manual - [email protected], 9.3 sec to 100
          3.0 Manual - [email protected], 6.9 sec to 100

So the 3.0 is heaps faster but it's hard to realistically achieve those times in a manual AWD anyway, because you have to take off slower otherwise you'll cook the clutch. Either of these cars would probably be better in Automatic because of this, however I just looked at the automatic version of the 2.5 and it's a full second slower to 100 then the manual. But that would be my reasoning. While the 3.0 is a lot faster the fuel economy drops to crap and used ones are still very expensive, around 15k for a good one. I got mine in mint condition for about 10k so for me the 3.0 wasn't even considered because of my budget.
          Used to have a 2008 2.5i in the 4spd Autobox, it was terrible. The shifts were slow and the box is often indecisive with the Sportshift "manual" mode refusing to hold gears near the redline.
          2007 Liberty GT Spec B tuned by STI
          2013 Suzuki Swift 1.4

Originally posted by MOOG
          I like my Forester.

Comment

Originally posted by Drift Motion View Post
            I always thought Australia had the 2.0 version like the JDM ones

So you have a 2.5 non turbo?
            2.0, 2.5 and 3.0 N/A variants.

Comment

Originally posted by STI-Guy View Post
              Used to have a 2008 2.5i in the 4spd Autobox, it was terrible. The shifts were slow and the box is often indecisive with the Sportshift "manual" mode refusing to hold gears near the redline.
              The auto is meant to be faster, with the sport mode or something but I don't know how it engages or anything. To me the manual version seems crazy faster to 100km/h then the auto, I don't know why because I've watched video's of the auto accelerating to 100 and it's like the computer doesn't want to go to the redline...
              sigpic

Comment

So putting the KE70 aside for the weekend and the Liberty is going to get some attention. Putting in 2x Fusion 12" 1000w Subwoofers. Mounted the fuse this afternoon and going to wire in the adaptor tomorrow.

Will have pics and a video maybe when finished. Should be complete in the next couple of days.

These are coming from a mates Commodore, he's upgrading so I'm getting these cheap

Note that they were still powerful enough to crack his spoiler, so I can hardly complain.
                sigpic

Comment

All finished.

And just a pic of the bass controller that I haven't put in yet
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice liberty, i have a legacy over here 4th gen. I put since CR kais on mine and have to say some of the best looking rims that i have seen put on a 4th gen.
                    Originally posted by Turbo Yoda
                    TT's suck balls, go single and celebrate life.
                    Quoted for the Truth

Comment

Originally posted by DacerX View Post
                      Nice liberty, i have a legacy over here 4th gen. I put since CR kais on mine and have to say some of the best looking rims that i have seen put on a 4th gen.
                      I googled those rims and they sure do look good, how much did they set you back?
                      sigpic

Comment

here are some pics of them

I brought them damaged off a mate for 500 bucks and then repaired them and painted all up i think it was about 1200 new they are like 2500, this is all new zealand dollars tho
                        Quoted for the Truth

Comment

I had CR Kai's on mine for a month or two, then they went onto a gen 3 sedan, then a gen 3 STi wagon. I think I sold them for 1200 or so, so not bad pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosey View Post
                            I had CR Kai's on mine for a month or two, then they went onto a gen 3 sedan, then a gen 3 STi wagon. I think I sold them for 1200 or so, so not bad pricing.
                            I do want to put different wheels on it, but I think I'll most likely go with a second hand set that are just clean, nothing too loud
                            sigpic

Comment

You can buy mine for $1,000... haha I find all my Subaru stuff through SubyClub, awesome forum with awesome people. Liberty.asn is also helpful, but the people are a little less friendly.

Comment

I have the same issue with some one the subby clubs here
                                Quoted for the Truth

Comment

Working...
                                X